Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Question on 18MZ stick springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 10:08 AM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question on 18MZ stick springs

Just received my 18MZ (airplane version w ratchet on throttle). My question is about the stick springs. I have the tension on the springs as high as they go and the sticks are still much softer than my 14MZA with stock springs. Are there 2 sets of springs (aircraft and Heli) for the 18MZ and is it possible I have the heli version springs?

thanks
Woodie
Old 07-16-2013, 06:21 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Question on 18MZ stick springs

The airplane version already has the stiffer springs. Stiffer ones are not available from Futaba. While it's possible your transmitter has the softer springs, we haven't seen this mistake made before. If you send an email to the address below with your full name and mailing address, we'll send you a set of aircraft springs for your transmitter. If you're not comfortable installing the springs yourself, then please send the transmitter in and we'll check it and make sure the correct springs are installed.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:41 AM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Question on 18MZ stick springs

Thanks Bax

I will send the contact information to get the springs. I have compared my spring tension with another 18MZ aircraft version and mine do appear to be softer. I am fine with changing the springs myself. Once you understand the 'trick' of not letting that little slider block drop out the bottom of the stick assembly it is easy. Don't ask me how I learned that trick. ;-)

Love the radio. I thought there wasn't much else you could do to a radio beyond the 14MZ. I was wrong.

Woodie