Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

hpi sprint 2 flux wont go???

Old 07-11-2013, 08:15 AM
pich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi sprint 2 flux wont go???

hi guys my hpi flux has been broken a while now and ive been trying to fiqure out whats up with it before i try buying parts to fix it, basically when i plug in the battery the esc dosent make the sounds that i usually does like when it fires up ready for you to use it, the lights just flash with no sound and then when you squeeze the trottle it just like bleeps but doesnt move, if you give it a little push it just sort of judders and splutters and doesnt move at all??
just wanted to know if anyone knew what could be wrong with it? ive researched a bit and thought the esc could be the fault??
thanks
Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hpi sprint 2 flux wont go???

Did you disconnect any of the wires to the motor before this happened.. Check to make sure they are ok.. The beeping sound your hear actually comes from the motor and not the esc.. There is no speaker in the esc.. what you are describing sounds like the motor leads are not connected right and its trying to go, but can't.. Or the motor is shot. I have several Castle speed controls and the flux is made by castle. What kind of lights are you getting? mine starts with yellow lights then goes to green when the throttle is pulled.. red when the brakes are hit.

One last thing.. are your servo's working at all.. If yes its a motor issue.. if not you may have a bad esc or hopefully something as simple as rebinding the radio to the receiver..
Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 PM
pich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hpi sprint 2 flux wont go???

Thanks for your help my friend, I think it must be electrical because the servos seem to work ok, the lights I'm getting are the usual lights you get.... Orange the green for go and red for brake, I think it needs a esc or a new motor but I don't know which? Are there any tests I can do to find out what's at fault? I heard it's more likely to be the esc but before I pay out for a part I want to try and find out but then again it may my god to have a spare of both, the only thing I can think is the lipo got really low and I kept pressing the accelerater then this happened lol.
Any help would be great, thanks