Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

reciever antenna

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 08:22 AM
stevenmax50
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reciever antenna

I screwed up and crashed. The crash took off half of one antenna and maybe 1/8 in on the other. Its a 2.4 reciever. Trash, right?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:55 AM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: reciever antenna

ORIGINAL: stevenmax50

I screwed up and crashed. The crash took off half of one antenna and maybe 1/8 in on the other. Its a 2.4 reciever. Trash, right?
If the receiver is not damaged you can replace the antenna. http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-t01-5503.html

If you had major crash you might want to send the receiver in to Airtronics to be checked out. If the receiver is OK they will replace the antennas. My experience has been very good with the service department.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:13 AM
wphilb
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the value of he plane you are installing it it? Foamie, small electric, get repaired and try it out. Giant scale gasser? Circular file it and get new one.. Risk vs reward.

Whit
Old 07-17-2013, 07:37 AM
I ALSO FLY RC

The receiver coaxial antenna for most of our 2.4 GHz aircraft receivers is part number 490027. You can order it from the hobbypeople.net web site by typing 490027 in the search box. Check your receiver and see if the antennas have a small gold connector on them which plugs into the receiver circuit board. You can use a very small screw driver to lift the gold connector off of the circuit board. The new antennas can then be plugged in to the board. If the receiver is damaged, you need to return it to Airtronics for repair/replacement.

AIRTRONICS TECHNICAL SUPPORT
800-262-1178
Old 08-17-2013, 02:49 PM
CAhardhat
My Feedback: (14)

Have the receiver checked by Airtronics. They will replace the antenna and make sure the receiver is working properly. Cheap insurance!!! And at less cost than buying a new receiver
Old 11-02-2013, 07:43 AM
PhilSC

Default Will it damage the receiver????

Originally Posted by stevenmax50
I have a 2.4 GHz receiver that suffered damage to one of the two antennas - THE CAT NIBBLED THE EXPOSED WIRE OFF. This is a 2-antenna R617FS Futaba receiver and a replacement antenna has just been ordered.

So in the meantime can I still fly if one antenna is unharmed and the other has been slightly shortened right up to the gray insulation? From that, I'm guessing the coax shield MAY be touching the inner antenna wire.

Problem, or not? Will something fry if one of the two antennas is messed up on the end?

Thanks for any experiences, advice, or comments.
Phil