Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ Announcement

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Johnny Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FEJ Announcement

Dear customers, we flown the new prototype Big Hawk today at KY Jets, unfortunately we lost it and we are investigating the problem. we believe we understand what happened and we are going to fix it right away ! For now, we have decided to place the Large Hawk back into testing mode until we feel we have a solid solution for this airplane . This is not a problem the 1/5.5 or 1/4.5 Hawks! We Appreciate your understanding and your support , FEJ Team
Old 07-11-2013, 07:37 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FEJ Announcement

*facepalm*
Old 07-11-2013, 07:48 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Was it weighed and inspected (if necessary) before it flew under AMA sanction?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:52 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, it was certified and inspected per AMA requirements.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:54 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

"owners please take some time and make sure your Elevator is built like the manual instructions. Here are some photos of it, please make sure that all the bolts are in, Thanks"

I just couldn't resist[X(]

"Yes, it was certified and inspected per AMA requirements."

And even that wasn't enough to insure the jet was safe to fly!

David S
Old 07-11-2013, 07:58 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

I saw the problem, and the fix will make everything ok. I hope to have one of these soon.Lewis
Old 07-11-2013, 08:20 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

"I saw the problem, and the fix will make everything ok."

Lewis, this simply confirms many peoples opinion that FEJ is rushing these larger HC jets to market too fast, before they have completed adequate testing! What if that jet had belonged to a modeler, instead of FEJ Team?! Would they be questioning his assembly of the ARF now?
This is now, two years, in a row, that a newly introduced, HC constructed FEJ has had a structural failure, at your event! Add that to Boli's F-18F, Dantley's F-14, another F-18F, all having experienced tail flutter in the last few months, and I think they call that "a pattern of failure".

David S
Old 07-11-2013, 08:28 PM
dubd

Is the FEJ gravy train that good???? Ridiculous!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Ayrtonsenna
My Feedback: (1)

By By FEJ...
Old 07-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Rider-60
My Feedback: (17)

Would have been wiser to fix it before flying it or was it a crash test?
Old 07-12-2013, 03:10 AM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: jeteye

I saw the problem, and the fix will make everything ok. I hope to have one of these soon.Lewis
So what was it Lewis? Did someone shoot them down......
Old 07-12-2013, 04:51 AM
willig10

So if I add art my art gets deleted. But everyone elses art is ok?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:03 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

What I dont get is that we have a thread here by Falcon64 begging for a response on his half baked high-end F-16, and there's no time to respond to him, but you have time to start a thread to let us know what we already now, that you cant even prepare a DEMO model for one of the BEST pilots in the world to fly in one of the BEST jet rallies in the world? EPIC FAIL.

Also feel sorry that some people with really good reputation stand by FEJ.

Its not science.........TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS! Even if models blow up..........keep them happy! You are lucky some of your clients are really good people.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:11 AM
Tuggs

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

What I dont get is that we have a thread here by Falcon64 begging for a response on his half baked high-end F-16, and there's no time to respond to him,
I thought exactly the same and If I would be him, I'd probably go ballistic about it.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:19 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Pics?
Old 07-12-2013, 07:48 AM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

I am glad that FEJ feels so confident in their planes that they pick a nice safe location to test fly their prototypes where no one is around to get hurt in case something goes wrong. [:@][:@]

Just another reason I love flying with the guys I fly with. Most CD's out here would not allow you to maiden or test an airplane during an event. Just too dangerous!! This FEJ stuff is truly the definition of INSANITY!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 AM
RCflyerCT
My Feedback: (13)

I applaud the FEJ announcement, and how they are handling the situation. I am also with Lewis - that I hope to have a big FEJ Hawk soon...right after I do the A-7....love what FEJ has done with that one, and Lewis flys it great!

Wes

Old 07-12-2013, 08:33 AM
dubd

ORIGINAL: RCflyerCT

I applaud the FEJ announcement, and how they are handling the situation. I am also with Lewis - that I hope to have a big FEJ Hawk soon...right after I do the A-7....love what FEJ has done with that one, and Lewis flys it great!

Wes

You applaud FEJ's response to their own crash, yet they have done nothing for customers who lost planes for similar reasons.... that makes sense.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Jeremy300
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Johnny Wong

Dear customers, we flown the new prototype Big Hawk today at KY Jets, unfortunately we lost it and we are investigating the problem. we believe we understand what happened and we are going to fix it right away ! For now, we have decided to place the Large Hawk back into testing mode until we feel we have a solid solution for this airplane . This is not a problem the 1/5.5 or 1/4.5 Hawks! We Appreciate your understanding and your support , FEJ Team

Why is a PROTOTYPE that hasn't undergone a proper testing regiment flying at a MAJOR jet event???? This shows absolute contempt for the safety of other modellers.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:22 AM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Jeremy300

Why is a PROTOTYPE that hasn't undergone a proper testing regiment flying at a MAJOR jet event???? This shows absolute contempt for the safety of other modellers.
My point exactly.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:01 AM
dubd

ORIGINAL: Jeremy300

Being a sponsor has it's privileges.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:30 PM
sortegon
My Feedback: (9)

there has been jets breaking in the air not only from FEJ, but from every other major manufacturer.

bad thing about FEJ, it takes 8 months to deliver. (anyway bvm has a 6 months waiting list to deliver on many jets)

good thing about FEJ, it costs half the Price...
Old 07-12-2013, 12:32 PM
dubd

When your FEJ plane flutters into atoms it cost twice as much as a BVM plane. I was not able to use a single part from the crash... so I essentially bought twice when I replaced my F-14 with another plane by BVM/Skymaster.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that it's a disgrace that a prototype is allowed to fly at a Jet event.
However I also think at least they are testing there planes, but should be done at an appropriate test site.
This should be done on a number of flights and tested to the planes full manuvability.
And no I'm not another FEJ haiter.

Ivan

Old 07-12-2013, 12:50 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just returning home from KY event...

Ok, I'm confused here...what is it that you guys want? You throw them under the bus when you say you want them to "own up as a company" and when they do...you throw them under the bus for doing it. You ask them to fly their planes more and test them out but when they post that they are flying, you invade their threads and bash them for that. A MIBO A-10 goes down...nothing! 3 other planes at the same event go down...nothing! A Large airframe from a manufacturer that is deeply loved by all of you, lands in full tail failure flutter...nothing! When someone posts ANYTHING showing response and purpose in any positive form, such as Lewis' comment...you climb all over them for making a point or agreeing with anything on the FEJ side.

Safety is amazing at this event...Lewis Captains a great ship for sure! With 176 registered pilots as of Thursday evening...the event and that flight line is run with precision and care. But...just as a Large Hawk can go in because of a probably materials failure, the other jet that had it's Ailerons reversed, hitting within the same fenced in pasture...able to carry the same damage...nothing!

I told James and Ken with FEJ, I will help in any way I can to work through the process of making this Large Hawk a great airframe for the RC...and any other airframe they have for that matter! I am NOT an engineer but I do build and have access to good folks that are not biased and with the proper background to help out. It's called pro-activity! To me, it seems much more than "all for the sake of safety" that is going on here...

Looking from the outside in, it sure looks like a lynch mob to me. I saw all the parts at ground zero of the impact when the Hawk went down. The deck and all surrounding HC skin was fully intact and in it's exact position with no fracture where the servo and stab deck sits. BUT, FEJ has made a statement as a company and has committed in a public forum to take the airframe back into testing...as you demanded hey start doing when Dantley's 14 went in. facepalm*...double facepalm*

Listen, you guys are not helping anything for the sake of safety...you are polarizing the jet community...many really good and seasoned pilots are signing off of RCU for good because of it. And good grief...how in the world can anyone get ticked at Lowell Wexler? He'd give you the shirt off his back and his last drink of water. Never met a more genuine ambassador for this hobby!

Keep in mind, I have a 3W Bearcat, SM Large Viper and a Meister Scale FW190A sitting in my shop to build...not just FEJ airframes.

Rex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.