Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

25cc toro carb conversion???

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

25cc toro carb conversion???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 07:21 PM
LEROY DOZOIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25cc toro carb conversion???

i have a toro 25cc motor that i need to find a useful carb for that has hi/lo needles for a rc boat.

the engine ID is a 51940 and it came with a trippy rotary carb that seems nonadjustable...

ill post pictures in a minute, if theres a better area to post this please let me know, i think the model airplanes might be a better area since ive found many of the toro motors become airplane engines.

thankyou everyone!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:32 PM
LEROY DOZOIS

Default RE: 25cc toro carb conversion???

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=3
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=2
Old 07-13-2013, 05:33 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Facebook says that the content of those pages is unavailable.I'd think that the Toro 25cc is a better engine to convert to a boat than a 25cc Homelite ,because of it being a full crank engine.You could run it as is ,air cooled or get it water cooled and modified.As for a good carb, a WA 167 is popular but hard to find,but any Walbro carb with around an 11 mm venturi would work. Some people have used a carb with a 12.5 venturi on a stock engine and said it really woke it up. I had a 12.5 mm on a modded Homelite and it ran well.Also look for one with high and low needles. Look on Ebay and check the venturi size for the carb on http://www.walbro.com/parts-service.aspx Use the Browse by Walbro Number on the right side of the page.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:51 PM
rcguy1411

Alot of guys run the wt 257 i have one on a old modded 30cc homelite engine still runs well 15 years later
Old 07-15-2013, 02:28 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've never seen one of these carbs,but wonder if the Venturi could be bored out a little and increase it's performance.Some of the WYA carbs have a venturi of 10.5mm. I had a WA 167 carb ,that normaly has a venturi of 11.11mm,but someone bored out the venturi to almost 14mm and the guy I sold it to ,put it on a highly modded Homelite and he said it ran great.