Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Things you'd like to see on the market....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Things you'd like to see on the market....

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 08:47 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Things you'd like to see on the market....

What ideas do you have that are not on the market? In other words, if you were given the $1,000 in cash to back and idea with a created prototype...what do you think would create/market? It has to be something that you personally would like to see and use.

For me, I'd like to see some kind of "servo test tray" in that you can test your servos without having to put the entire radio tray on. These would just be posts with a brace; One for each servo. This will allow for independent testing. This allows you to attach it to the throttle/steering linkage allowing you to efficiently test/fix/rebuild servos.

I'd also like to see optional bushings for a-arms where it hinges to prevent binding while keeping it tight (or something that will ensure there is no binding).

I imagine some of you have some gem ideas. If you're not concerned with sharing trade secrets... what would you like to see?

Who knows, maybe some of my items above exist...but I've not found them andhope they do exist.

Thanks

Old 07-13-2013, 04:41 AM
turok007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Things you'd like to see on the market....

i have been thinking about this for a few weeks and i might even make my own. (RUBBER LATEX BODY SHELLS) im thinking of a outer sort of latex shell that would fit over a roll cage or even fit it over a soft foam/sponge body. i might do a test one first with a special roof covering. i see the roof covering on a advert many years ago they painted a sponge with this stuff then showed you how stretchy it was. just remember you see it here first. lol
Old 07-13-2013, 06:25 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

a solid rear axle onroad car. Even cooler if the motor is in front and inline with the car.

SCT trucks with full fenders.

All RTR models banded from having Tamiya plugs! (with the exception maybe of re-released vintage models)

A $200 or under "ladder chassis" rock crawler. There are full on crawler type chassis models that are RTR for that kinda money, but nothing with a SCX10 type chassis for that cost.

A rock crawler from traxxas. they already have waterproof gear to put in one!

A rock crawler with 4 small brushless motors...one powering each wheel.

2wd models with front mechanical brakes.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:10 AM
turok007

not much chance of traxxas doing a rock crawler as they only like using part from older models.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:33 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

I'd really like a Redcat, Exceed, or something 2.2 legal scaler.

I'd want Traxxas to make a micro

I'd want Tamiya to send me one of every kit in their warehouse.... Okay, that was completely unrelated......

I'd want an SC car from any brand that is extremely scale.

I'd want an SCB (Short Course Buggy) and the manufacturer to keep producing parts for a long time.... And, make it cheap.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:56 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: collector1231

I'd want Tamiya to send me one of every kit in their warehouse.... Okay, that was completely unrelated......

I'd want an SCB (Short Course Buggy) and the manufacturer to keep producing parts for a long time.... And, make it cheap.
I feel you on that one.
The redcat rs10 is a great rig for $160. It can out crawl a stock scx10. Upgrade the steering servos (4ws) and swap out for better tires and it can really impress. But its not a scaler at all. Sure you can slap on a scale body and make it look better, but not scale.
If redcat could do a scx10 clone fore $160-$200 it would be a hit. Especially if they kept the 2.4ghz radio with 4ws setup that the rs10 has. That's areally cool radio. I used to sell just the radio and receiver on ebay for $85 alone...cause many wanted it for its computerized 4 wheel steering ability.
The exceed 1/10 crawler isn't bad, tho I think the rs10 is better. But it requires even less to make it a scaler as it already has a center trans (not MOA like the rs10)

Old 07-13-2013, 10:27 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: collector1231

I feel you on that one.
The redcat rs10 is a great rig for $160. It can out crawl a stock scx10. Upgrade the steering servos (4ws) and swap out for better tires and it can really impress. But its not a scaler at all. Sure you can slap on a scale body and make it look better, but not scale.
If redcat could do a scx10 clone fore $160-$200 it would be a hit. Especially if they kept the 2.4ghz radio with 4ws setup that the rs10 has. That's areally cool radio. I used to sell just the radio and receiver on ebay for $85 alone...cause many wanted it for its computerized 4 wheel steering ability.
The exceed 1/10 crawler isn't bad, tho I think the rs10 is better. But it requires even less to make it a scaler as it already has a center trans (not MOA like the rs10)

I know. I own an RS10, lol! I got it 3 years ago and i run it through water all the time, mud bogging, but the local crawling courses say they have to have 2 wheel steering; even if you turn off the back wheels.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:32 AM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

get ready for controversy.

RTR's gone from the market place.
traxxas out of business.
all the cheap Chinese brands gone.
telemetry gone.
a resurgence in team style kits.
cab/cockpit forward bodies gone.
more automotive manufacture based bodies for a wider variety of chassis'.
some vintage kyosho's re-released.
the championship edition RC10 re-released.
more scale solid axle monster trucks.
a kit version of the SC10B.  and a 2 seat desert buggy body for it.
the price of technology to drop.
less teenagers.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:45 AM
turok007

how about every company uses the same wheel base on 1/8th cars. that way we would see a lot more body choice. because at the moment i could get a tamiya 1/10 chassis and i would have a choice of hundreds.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:09 AM
suburban_hooligan

im not to sure about 1/8 scale. but i know back in the day 1/10 scale body fitment never used to be that much of an issue. then again back in the day a lot (if not most) cars were within ROAR spec's. so wheelbase and chassis length and width seemed to be more consistent between brands. it wasn't until manufactures started making cars that were basher specific that chassis dimensions and scale got out of hand and bodies became more chassis specific.
i remember a day when pretty much any 1/10 scale aftermarket body would fit almost all 1/10 scale trucks simply by changing body posts.
today it's still doable, but a little more complicated. that's what happens when people don't fallow rules/spec's
Old 07-13-2013, 12:00 PM
On2_n_On4

a 1/5 scale awd on-road (gas) from kyosho and hpi... im happy with that.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:51 PM
pcarluvr

A torque converter style transmission. Like on a snow mobile, Polaris Quads, Golf carts... No shifting, more power=more speed!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:36 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: On2_n_On4

a 1/5 scale awd on-road (gas) from kyosho and hpi... im happy with that.
I don't care who makes it, but there should be some out there!
And Id like to see a simple, RWD one. basically a giant pan car with a gas motor. Keep it under $500 RTR. That would be sweet.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:12 PM
suburban_hooligan

1/5 scale 2wd and 4wd on road cars already exist and have for a looong time. i remember reading an article in an RC magazine about a 1/5 on road race back in like 1998/1999.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:13 PM
ejc34710

ORIGINAL: suburban_hooligan

get ready for controversy.

RTR's gone from the market place.
traxxas out of business.
all the cheap Chinese brands gone.
telemetry gone.
a resurgence in team style kits.
cab/cockpit forward bodies gone.
more automotive manufacture based bodies for a wider variety of chassis'.
some vintage kyosho's re-released.
the championship edition RC10 re-released.
more scale solid axle monster trucks.
a kit version of the SC10B. and a 2 seat desert buggy body for it.
the price of technology to drop.
less teenagers.
Nailed it!!! +100
Old 07-13-2013, 04:50 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

1/5 scale 2wd and 4wd on road cars already exist and have for a looong time. i remember reading an article in an RC magazine about a 1/5 on road race back in like 1998/1999.
yes, we know. but not from major companies and not for a reasonable price.
redcat had one for awhile. it seems like its one of those segments that's not in huge demand, and since no company can sell a lot of them they end up being expensive. Seriously, they seem to cost more than their offroad cousins. they should cost less IMO.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:52 PM
On2_n_On4

1/5 scale 2wd and 4wd on road cars already exist
yes but I want them from those 2 manufacturers
Old 07-13-2013, 05:26 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Id like to see the companies read these forums, stop releasing lame models, fix the well-known flaws with current models and actually give us what we want instead of just pumping out stuff to make more money one (cough, traxxas, cough)
Old 07-15-2013, 05:40 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I decent diff!!!

im not entirely convinced tuning the diff action with different viscosity oils, is that fancy. very primitive if u ask me.

all it does is slows the diff action.... at all speeds! []

also a LCG Slash 2wd Platnium.... I sware it wouldent be that hard for traxxas to make a new LCG chassis for the current 2wd slash's....
Old 07-15-2013, 05:58 AM
turok007

i use the strc kit that fits the rustler chassis for my slash. but i have seen a slash lcg conversion using the original slash chassis.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:04 AM
flatpickhippster

Some sort of portable basher off-road track building system that could be transported in back of truck.

Includes:

Table top jump
Double/Triple jump section
Mogul section
Big banked sweeper turn
2-3 random small jumps/ramps
Cones/lane barriers

Have track will travel.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:50 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: flatpickhippster

Some sort of portable basher off-road track building system that could be transported in back of truck.

Includes:

Table top jump
Double/Triple jump section
Mogul section
Big banked sweeper turn
2-3 random small jumps/ramps
Cones/lane barriers

Have track will travel.
if there was, it would be overpriced....but I do like that idea a lot!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:28 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoo boy. Ok. I got this.

1: More engine powered models. Yes, I know, brushless is faster. But I couldn't give a flying monkey's left nut about that! I want excitement. I get more excitement from an idling glow engine than I ever will a brushless at full chat. Electrics don't have any soul or passion in 'em, they're cold clinical performance to an extreme that's nearly unuseable. I want more engines.

2: More variety. I'm quite annoyed at how there's two or three classes that everyone builds models for. You want a ground RC that isn't a crawler, drifter or S/C truck? Well screw you buddy you're driving a 10+ year old design! You want an airplane that isn't 3D, super scale or a quadcopter? Well screw you too that's what everyone's flying. Where's the variety? Where's the big live axle nitro monster truck? Where's the semi-scale P51 ARF that looks good enough yet isn't so scale you're afraid to fly it to the absolute limit every time? Where's the rally cars? Where's the snowcats? Kyosho's had a monopoly on those things for going on 20 years now.

3: Multi-cylinder engines in larger stuff. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that 31cc weed whacker motor is cheaper than a Conley Stinger 609. But I don't care! If I want a cheap RC car I'll buy a tenth or eighth scaler. I want an honest to god V8 in a 1/5th or 1/4th scale RC! I want to be able to buy an off-the-shelf Baja 5SC that makes these sorts of noises right out of the box. Or these noises, they're perfectly acceptable as well. AFter all, the real thing definitely doesn't sound like my string trimmer...

Same goes for aircraft. If I'm flying an aicraft that accepts an engine larger than 15ccs or so I want some more multi-cylinder options. No, I don't care about the OS GT55 or DLE120. I want more radials. I want V12s. I want more I4s. Come on, guys. There's more to internal combustion than single and twin opposed two cycles!

4: Some nice helos. I will periodically pour through the helicopters on Tower's listing, as well as the ones Horizon offers. The only helis that look nice that I can find are the small indoor ones. All the nice outdoor ones large enough to have engines are boring 3D/4D helicopters that all look the bloody same. Where's the Airwolf replicas? Hueys? M*A*S*H medivac replicas? News choppers? Skycranes? Come on guys we shouldn't have to scratchbuild everything ourselves.

5: Engine powered crawlers. Again, yes, I know that electric is technically better, and again I couldn't care less. Here's video proof internal combustion can get the job done just fine. So where are they, RC industry?

6: Why are my only two options for a nitro, live axle monster truck a Kyosho Mad Force or an HPI Nitro Wheely King?

7: Engines + watercraft = fun! Yet everything here is brushless. Why?

8: Can we get some hovercrafts at all? I'll settle for an electric one even!

9: Can we get some hobby-grade RCs that are designed around the idea of screwing around? I get that racing is fun to a lot of modellers, but it isn't to all of us and it isn't at all times. I'm a basher through and through, I'll never race, yet I'm forced to adapt race cars to my needs. There's good money in making cars specifically for what I'm doing yet nobody ever does!

10: Multi-speed gearboxes are great. They've been perfected in cars. Yet here we are still using archaic spring-loaded fingers to bang the next gear in. Why are we not using planetary style transmissions? They'll be lighter, tougher, more reliable, and they'd make reverse a standard feature on pretty much every RC that has an engine in it, rather than a nice little perk you get with a handful of monster trucks.

11: Can we have four wheel disc brakes soon?

12: Fuel injection?

13: Four strokes in cars?

14: What about overhead cams, OS? Japan is god-tier at building OHC engines, yet you guys haven't even tried it. What's keeping you back?
Old 07-19-2013, 12:37 PM
flatpickhippster

Yeah!! I want everything 378 wants and more! AND I want it all for 3 easy payments of $19.99, but wait I want two of everything if I order in my life time. FREE SHIPPING and 24/7 expert tech support!!! And if not completely satisfied at any time I can get a 100% refund. [&:]

Old 07-19-2013, 12:40 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: flatpickhippster

Yeah!! I want everything 378 wants and more! AND I want it all for 3 easy payments of $19.99, but wait I want two of everything if I order in my life time. FREE SHIPPING and 24/7 expert tech support!!! And if not completely satisfied at any time I can get a 100% refund. [&:]

lol, yeah, you go right on ahead and make a hind end of yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.