Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

hubsan X4 h107

Old 02-27-2013, 10:42 AM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hubsan X4 h107

ok so i am posting what seems to be one hell of an improvement to this quad. the other day flying it around i hit a wall and crashed. when i picked it up one of the prop blades was bent down, when i tried to straighten it back out it snapped off. so i hit ebay to get replacements, instead of getting the stock black and white replacements i went with the black and orange replacements that a seller had 20 props for 14.99. well today i got the props, i switched all the props out and took it for a flight, here are my findings:

much quieter flights
more stable hovers
more control during low and high rate flying
less throttle input to take off
slightly faster climb rate
quicker recovery when it gets "wobbly"

these replacement props are thicker than the stock props which leads me to believe makes them quieter because they are less likely to be vibrating. the stock props were paper thin and would fold and get little knicks in them rather easily, these seem to be much more resiliant to impacts. i believe these props offer more lift than the stock props which would explain the less throttle needed to take of that i mentioned. apart from the obvious color difference, the new props i am using do not have the pointed tips like the stock props do, these props start to narrow ever so slightly then end abruptly with a flat end, which is why i think they are offering slightly more lift. i have identified these as being the same props that the UDI RC U816/U816A micro quadcopters use. all in all i think getting these is just a obvious choice to anyone with a hubsan and looking to get a little more out of it. i hope some of you find this information useful, happy flying!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:01 AM
diabolic-mind

Default RE: hubsan X4 h107

i have a landing skid mod that i did as well that i havent seen done before, however i cannot upload pics for some reason. whenever i try to upload them it freezes on the uploading screen. hopefully rcu takes care of the issue soon so i can get pics for everyone
Old 03-17-2013, 07:00 AM
geoffg1

Hubsan x4, very underated.

Did you happen to notice any decrease in flight time with the larger props?, i guess it should work similar to gearing up an rc car, but that would mean shorter flight times and more load put on the motors and speed controllers?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:03 AM
diabolic-mind

i havent really noticed a difference in flight times, it has such a short flight time as it is though. the new props are deffinately better than the stock props, and they can take some punishment much better than the stock props too. i got 20 props for it and i am still on the first set of them.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:57 PM
diabolic-mind

here is the landing skid mod i mentioned, it gives it alot more ground clearance so when you land in grass the props are less likely to hit, i have also noticed that if yo uwant to slide it around on a hard floor the props dont hit the floor. it also seems to fly just a little bit more stable now, i am guessing with the longer legs it lowers the cg even more. plus it looks really cool, like a bug in fact!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40148.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1864663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26997.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1864664  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:57 PM
diabolic-mind

after owning it for awhile, the strength of the arms on it dont seem to be super tough compared to the other micro quads with the carbon fiber arms, ive snapped 3 of them sofar, and not from beating on it either, just normal flight. but luckily a little super glue and wrapping them with sewing thread and coating the thread in super glue makes for a superb cast. doesnt need to be super thick either. just enough to strengthen it. works a charm and doesnt effect flight at all. just sharing some new info. hope the rest of you are finding this info useful and enjoying your flying time with this truely superb little quad!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 PM
n3m1s1s

ORIGINAL: diabolic-mind

here is the landing skid mod i mentioned, it gives it alot more ground clearance so when you land in grass the props are less likely to hit, i have also noticed that if yo uwant to slide it around on a hard floor the props dont hit the floor. it also seems to fly just a little bit more stable now, i am guessing with the longer legs it lowers the cg even more. plus it looks really cool, like a bug in fact!
looking really carefully at those two pics i will hazard a guess that those props are not udi props but actually mini pet props? you get 2 free sets with every mini pet i,e 12 props i have q-bot props (thinnest) udi props (same shape and size as q-bot but more robust) hubsan props (what you are using to extend the height of your x4) add a bit of fuel tube to the bottom of those props or your gonna break arms as the style of landing gear is too rigid thus transferring energy to other point of the frame when landing with more than a feather touch of course mini pet props slightly bigger than all the others and thicker/more robust too tell tail sign? reduced noise and better lift

heres one of my builds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8jiyK-xBR8
Old 04-25-2013, 06:44 PM
n3m1s1s

ORIGINAL: diabolic-mind

after owning it for awhile, the strength of the arms on it dont seem to be super tough compared to the other micro quads with the carbon fiber arms, ive snapped 3 of them sofar, and not from beating on it either, just normal flight. but luckily a little super glue and wrapping them with sewing thread and coating the thread in super glue makes for a superb cast. doesnt need to be super thick either. just enough to strengthen it. works a charm and doesnt effect flight at all. just sharing some new info. hope the rest of you are finding this info useful and enjoying your flying time with this truely superb little quad!

ahhhh guess i was a bit too late with the fuel tube idea to lessen impact? soz it did seem very obvious at a glance though
Old 04-26-2013, 03:22 AM
diabolic-mind

the props are from a udi, a buddy of mine has the 1SQ and these props are very close if not exactly the same as his. as for the fuel tubing i havent needed to add anything to the motors. i have since removed those landing skids, and have broken all 4 arms on the x4, to fix them i super glued the arms back together then wrapped the fracture point with several wrappings of sewing thread and covered the thread with superglue. when it dries it makes a strong cast. ive used the same trick in the past on larger scale rc cars in a pinch and it always holds up really well. my x4 no longer looks like it did, i have since painted it silver (need to get pics up), but it has seen its share of bad crashes, yet it still flies just fine, still love this little quad
Old 04-26-2013, 03:41 AM
diabolic-mind

nice quad BTW, how does that radio work with the x4? i heard that they can be used with it, and i was thinking of modding my x4 onto a new frame and getting that radio. and what did you use to hold the booms together at the center on that? i would actually like to make my x4 slightly larger. and final question, what is the larger quad i seen in the background when you were flying? the one with dual booms out to each motor?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:06 PM
n3m1s1s

the radio works great but needs mods before it works to its full potential and the one in the back im building from scratch check my youtube channel
Old 05-14-2013, 11:10 PM
n3m1s1s

held the center with the same play card you see in the vid and i dont only go smaller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phZ9eFTzDAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq84T-7M_-s
Old 06-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Return2Flight

Hi Folks,

I'm curious if anyone knows something on the version 2 H107....

It seems the antenna is "fake" on the first version transmitter, and I am wondering if anyone knows if it's the same unit for the version 2 model? I have a X4 H107 on order (once re-stocked whenever that is...) but today Ipicked up a aluminum case at Harbor Freight for my radios and think that 3 will fit this case. The Spektrum DX6i, the WL toys 959 radio, and the Hubsan radio. be nice to have them all protected and put up and nice to carry also. I didn't want to take out the foam pieces till I knew how they were going to arrange in the case etc.

Appreciate any information... I will also keep looking in other areas.

R2F
Old 07-13-2013, 06:22 PM
toywizard

has anyone binded the Hubsan or the Traxxas QR1 with a DX7 ?
Old 07-15-2013, 05:42 AM
geoffg1

Not possible with the Hubsan I'm afraid