Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

URGENT!! 22.2 V with 36mm diameter

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 06:40 AM
kmak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT!! 22.2 V with 36mm diameter

I am trying to locate a 22.2V brushless motor that is only 36mm diameter for a 1/8 truggy that can handle 6 cells. My motor mount is very inflexible as it relates to the different motor diameters it can accommodate. Please any help would be greater appreciated, thank you.

the motor is for aDHK MAXIMUS

see link of the truggy: www.competitionx.com/review-rc-cars/review-dhk-maximus/

Old 07-15-2013, 07:03 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: URGENT!! 22.2 V with 36mm diameter

Unfortunately, a rotor of the appropriate length to make up for it's small diameter, would have to be very long indeed. Can you measure to see what the maximum length motor you can fit is? There are a few 36mm boat or plane motors that might work, but they will be long.

My best suggestion is this, and I think (I don't know for sure) it would probably take 6S, but you should use a very small pinion...

Let me ask you though, is the problem with the motor mount because of screw locations, or actually a matter physical space for the diameter? There are 40mm motors, do you think that might fit?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:17 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for chiming in, Foxy.  I've been trying to help this guy in another thread.  His problem is that the motor mount is a two-piece, motor-surrounding heatsink that apparently bolts to the chassis.  It does not have a motor-mounting plate like I've seen on most cars.  He doesn't seem too inclined to return his foinked motor to Hobby People, even tho they said it looks like a bad motor and offered to replace it. He feels it would be a waste of time to get the same motor, as he feels he'd end up with another funky motor.  But I don't really see an option for this truck.  Anyone else have a idea for this poor guy?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:26 AM
kmak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks foxy for your thoughts, hey EXT2Rob whats up.

Foxy here are the specifications for the stock motor, i just want to get something similar that is much better in terms of performance/durability that can a 6 cell configuration.

Kv (rpm/v): 2260
Weight (g): 335
Max Current (A):105
Resistance (mh):0.01
Max Voltage (V): 23
Power (W): 2400
Shaft A (mm): 5
Length B (mm): 70
Diameter C (mm): 36
Can Length D (mm): 68
Total Length E (mm): 85

Old 07-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The motor I linked is very close to those specs and is definitely a lot higher quality than the stock one. Perhaps you could email Castle Creations and ask them about 6S running with the 1415 motor. They are helpful guys, I'm sure they will give you an answer.