Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark electronics TK20

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 05:44 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clark electronics TK20

ORIGINAL: reyemmanuel

Thanks Clark for the response.

Sure it can't be used as battle sensor then.

Just wondering if you press 1 in the sony remote (to repair vehicle, no jumper at J1), would this also reload or top up the ammo load out? Is there a way to reload or top up the ammo load out?

I'm curious though as this might be an answer to logistics aspect of gameplay.

cheers,Rey
Rey, I would agree, but unfortunately, I don't believe the current boards have programming to initiate a reload for a limited ammo count unless the tank is actually switched Off & On again to reset the entire board. I'm just going from a couple quick tests here, where I just tried limited ammo count on a TK22 board, & after running out of the 8 shot limit I had set, I used the remote to initiate a few repair modes on it. Though my hit points were restored after each repair mode was done, I still had no main gun ammo to shoot any more.

It would make sense though, if you are going to have limited ammo, that there would also be a way to reload more while in the game & without turning the tank Off then On again, just as there is a way to repair damage in game. If there isn't a specific ammo reload signal, then the existing repair mode seems like it would have been a natural choice for that option; as the tank is repaired, it also has its ammo count replenished.

I'll bet Clark could add this to the repair mode programming for future boards easily enough, & to me seems like it would be a natural choice & good feature to include with the repair mode for sake of taking advantage of the advanced battle features the board offers ... would make it a bummer for current board owners who wanted to have the same advantage during battles, because old boards would have to be returned for new programming once again.

~ Craig ~
Old 06-21-2013, 06:07 AM
reyemmanuel

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Thanks Clark for the response.

Sure it can't be used as battle sensor then.

Just wondering if you press 1 in the sony remote (to repair vehicle, no jumper at J1), would this also reload or top up the ammo load out? Is there a way to reload or top up the ammo load out?

I'm curious though as this might be an answer to logistics aspect of gameplay.

cheers,Rey
Rey, I would agree, but unfortunately, I don't believe the current boards have programming to initiate a reload for a limited ammo count unless the tank is actually switched Off & On again to reset the entire board. I'm just going from a couple quick tests here, where I just tried limited ammo count on a TK22 board, & after running out of the 8 shot limit I had set, I used the remote to initiate a few repair modes on it. Though my hit points were restored after each repair mode was done, I still had no main gun ammo to shoot any more.

It would make sense though, if you are going to have limited ammo, that there would also be a way to reload more while in the game & without turning the tank Off then On again, just as there is a way to repair damage in game. If there isn't a specific ammo reload signal, then the existing repair mode seems like it would have been a natural choice for that option; as the tank is repaired, it also has its ammo count replenished.

I'll bet Clark could add this to the repair mode programming for future boards easily enough, & to me seems like it would be a natural choice & good feature to include with the repair mode for sake of taking advantage of the advanced battle features the board offers ... would make it a bummer for current board owners who wanted to have the same advantage during battles, because old boards would have to be returned for new programming once again.

~ Craig ~
Hi Craig,

Indeed I agree that repair button (1) could have been best integrated with an ammo replenish signal. However, as Clark had mentioned a few months back that a dedicated repair tank TK22 wouldbe released, hence I think "ammo replenishment" may not be integrated to button 1 as marketability of this dedicated TK would deminish. The repair/service vehicle could propbably have a primary "weapon" as a repair signal whislt secondary would be ammo replenishment.

I've also tried same test as you did using the 1 button (ammo loadout at 8). After expending all ammo and with the tank hit once, button 1 only repaired the vehicle, no ammo reload.

cheers../Rey
Old 06-21-2013, 07:53 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Hi Craig,

Indeed I agree that repair button (1) could have been best integrated with an ammo replenish signal. However, as Clark had mentioned a few months back that a dedicated repair tank TK22 wouldbe released, hence I think "ammo replenishment" may not be integrated to button 1 as marketability of this dedicated TK would deminish. The repair/service vehicle could propbably have a primary "weapon" as a repair signal whislt secondary would be ammo replenishment.

I've also tried same test as you did using the 1 button (ammo loadout at 8). After expending all ammo and with the tank hit once, button 1 only repaired the vehicle, no ammo reload.

cheers../Rey
That's right Rey, now that you remind me, I do remember something he said about a dedicated repair vehicle a while ago.

The issue I still see possible is that if he didn't foresee this as an expansion option from the beginning during design, there won't be any separate embedded IR code in any of the older board programming to utilize this feature if a dedicated repair tank board is created with this secondary ammo replenish sequence, meaning the older boards would still have to be returned for programming upgrades so they recognize the new IR code for ammo replenish. However, if he did have the foresight to add a separate ammo replenish IR code in the programming of the all the boards already sold, then at least boards won't have to be returned for an upgrade like with prior fixes.

I guess it could be kind of cool having one IR code repair when using the primary weapon while a separate IR code for ammo replenish would be sent out using the secondary weapon, as it adds more variations & tactical thinking during a battle. Though I still would have liked the current repair mode to have done the ammo replenishment too, especially since all the boards are originally sold with the option to specifically choose the Bergpanzer repair mode as the primary weapon option so you can create a repair vehicle in the first place.

Just as a test, I tried every button on the remote to see if any of them would initiate an ammo reload on my TK22 board, but no remote button would work for that feature.

~ Craig ~

Old 06-21-2013, 01:40 PM
reyemmanuel

[/quote]
I guess it could be kind of cool having one IR code repair when using the primary weapon while a separate IR code for ammo replenish would be sent out using the secondary weapon, as it adds more variations & tactical thinking during a battle. Though I still would have liked the current repair mode to have done the ammo replenishment too, especially since all the boards are originally sold with the option to specifically choose the Bergpanzer repair mode as the primary weapon option so you can create a repair vehicle in the first place.

Just as a test, I tried every button on the remote to see if any of them would initiate an ammo reload on my TK22 board, but no remote button would work for that feature.

~ Craig ~
[/quote]

Did the same tests and thought of that too Craig. Perhaps now, only Clark can say with certainty if all released board have the potential to receive the IR code for ammo rep.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:08 PM
clarkmodel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In response to many request from TK22 user, we decide to release TK22 for M26

Part No:TK22-M26
Main armament: 90mm
Secondary armament: .30 Cal
Engine: Ford GAA V8 tank engine
Gun Elevation: Motorized
Turret rotation: Motorized
Release Date:8/10/2013

One more thing, due to SONY TV remote, RM-964,is on serious shortage, shipment of orderinclude it is delayed. We'retalking to supplier and also evaluatingother models, such as RM-954,worse case is that to produce our ownconfiguration IR remote, cost is much higher,but advantage is it canalso be a IR battlepractice target.

Regards,
Clark
Old 07-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

can't wait to hear this one
Old 07-16-2013, 07:22 AM
clarkmodel

RM-954 is tested OK, can also be the configuration IR remote.

Regards,
Clark
Old 08-11-2013, 09:20 PM
clarkmodel

TK22-M26 is released!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=besBLG8n0t8&feature=youtu.be
Old 08-12-2013, 01:40 PM
B/Man

Sounds great Clark. I just happen to have a dusty old HL Pershing on the shelf that's been waiting for something like this.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Bagheera

I have 2 Pershings waiting. Can't wait till Freakydude has them in stock
Old 08-14-2013, 06:13 PM
clarkmodel

Thanks B/Man & Jaws01,

We finally find all sound effects we need and put them together to make this M26 version.

Regards,
Clark
Old 08-14-2013, 07:24 PM
clarkmodel

I'm also surprised when I test TK22-M26 board first time, the Ford engine sound itself is very nice and attractive, no wonder I got many request for M26 version.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:39 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Very nice Clark, definite improvement over thé previous frequency shift type engine effects!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:02 AM
clarkmodel

Actually, engine driver is still the same, maybe Ford engine sound characteristic is good for our design.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:55 PM
clarkmodel

Hello everyone,

Is anyone here also flying electric RC airplane? I have some technical specification question about RC airplane sound module and ESC to discuss. please let me know if you are familiar with it.

On the other hand, few announcements.
- TK22 price is increased a little due to FET component cost is almost doubled due to high demand from electric car market,

Thanks,
Clark

Last edited by clarkmodel; 08-27-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-30-2013, 10:59 PM
clarkmodel

HL T-34 is released.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	T2Fz78XmpXXXXXXXXX_!!1597550592.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	1914996  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by clarkmodel
HL T-34 is released.
I'll take 2

I guess it's released just in China for now?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:20 AM
clarkmodel

Yes, I think so.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clark, PLEASE make a board for an Abrams. Or at least a sound file that can be loaded on one of the existing boards. I have an HE Abrams loaded with El-Mod and i hate it . it is too complicated for me to work on and use on any type of regular basis.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:51 PM
TigerTankMan

Originally Posted by Panther G
Clark, PLEASE make a board for an Abrams. Or at least a sound file that can be loaded on one of the existing boards. I have an HE Abrams loaded with El-Mod and i hate it . it is too complicated for me to work on and use on any type of regular basis.
According to the his website - he has one coming out in Oct.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:43 AM
clarkmodel

Yes, we will release M1 version in middle of Oct. here is the preview, only engine sound is not finalized.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QdwzK4vB94 Regards,
Clark
Old 09-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh thank God. You are life saver. i have been dicking about with this Abrams for about 3 years and i just want it done and working. A couple of months will be nothing to wait now. I am so glad to hear it. And i love the TK-22 Leo 2 board i have.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:45 AM
clarkmodel

You're welcome. I'm so glad to hear that you like our TK22 Leo2 board.

Thanks,
Clark
Old 09-23-2013, 06:10 AM
clarkmodel

Hello All,

We just sold out 2013 production batch 2, so please contact our regional distributor for stock left if you need our product in the follows weeks. release schedule for production batch 3 depends on key component( FET )delivery schedule and is not 100% determined yet for now.

Thanks for your support
Clark
Old 10-19-2013, 08:19 AM
clarkmodel

Hello All,

We will start to ship 2013 production batch 3 by 10/25 and hope all customer can receive the board before X'mas holiday.

Thanks for your support
Clark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.