Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Fraud Alert - Mark Shay or Sgt Shay

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Fraud Alert - Mark Shay or Sgt Shay

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Falcon_az
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fraud Alert - Mark Shay or Sgt Shay

Folks,
Bought a product via Postal Money Order from and individual on RC Universe. Have not recieved the product and the guy is non-responsive. [:@]

Turns out the guy may very well be operating a scam. If you see anything from the following individual report it to the moderator.

Seller:
Mark Shay
45259 13th cavalry circle
El paso , Texas 79904
[email protected]
[email protected]
912-508-4561

He has ripped off myself and two other model aviators. Following was from one of the moderators on RC Universe:

On Jun 26, 2013 12:46 PM, "John Neff" wrote:

Mr. Shay was found yesterday to have previously operated another account which received a similar complaint to your own. He was suspended pending resolution of that situation. His only response was a profanity laced tirade which resulted in him being banned. When it was found he had been banned under the previous account, his current account was also banned.

Unless you receive a tracking number from him today, I would seriously consider contacting your local authorities to file a complaint against him. Given you and he both live in Texas, your chances of getting a positive response from the police is better than if you two lived in different states. You may even be able to file a complaint through the Texas Attorneys General.

Thank you,
John
RCUniverse.com

Old 06-27-2013, 05:47 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Fraud Alert - Mark Shay or Sgt Shay

That guy posted in the rc car forum a few months ago and said he was about to be deployed to Afghanistan and wanted rc donations for him and his friends to play with when they where there, he didn't get any positive replies. I didn't have any idea it was a fraud, just thought it was ridiculous to ask for that just because he decided to join the military, which I guess was a lie.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:48 AM
t-max97

Well actually with that address he may actually be in the Military.

EDIT- I looked on google maps, it's not a military base.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:35 AM
sgt ski
My Feedback: (155)

All,
I am one of the other two individuals that the original poster was talking about. I bought a small electric plan from Mark back on June 3rd. I sent the money order, and he acknowledged receiving it a few days later. However, that was the last message I received from him until now. I sent multiple emails asking about the status of shippment, but no reply from Mark. I then sent an email explaining that I was going to notify the authorities, and turn him in for theft and/or mail fraud. That got his attention, because he emailed me back right away, and was very deffensive, and rude. He explained that he supposedly shipped my plane through Greyhound, but has no tracking info or bus ticket at all. I called my local bus station, and they didn't have anything for me. I then called the El Paso Greyhound station, and they had no record of shipment. After explaining this in another email to Mark, all I received was a profanity laced email with nothing more then excuses. I still have no plane nor has any money been refunded.

PLEASE, do not let thisthief scam you as well.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:13 PM
STUKA BARRY

Seeing that you both are in Texas, go pay him alittle FRIENDLY visit and your problem will be solved.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Falcon_az

Can't pay anyone like this a visit.

No amount of money is worth getting in an altercation. You have no idea what any criminal is capable of and what length they will go to steal.

We've got another plan.
Sgt Shay is being contacted by Fort Bliss authorities. I suspect he may have a very big problem to resolve shortly.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's military housing alright. I remember this guy posting on RC Groups also, about donating rc gear to him for his 'cause'.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Falcon_az

The other side of this story.

I'm very concerned he was able to open yet a 2nd RC Universe account (the original account was suspended) and with this 2nd account stole from Sgt Ski and myself. I understand there may be more people affected by Sgt Mark Shay.

***** How is RC Universe going to prevent Mark Shay (or the next cyber thief) from opening a 3rd account and doing this to other individuals on RC Universe? *****

Sgt Ski and I have contacted the Military Police Investigation Unit at Fort Bliss El Paso, Texas. An investigation has been opened against Mark Shay.

We would like to find out if there are other RC Universe members that have been victimized. It would be extremely helpful to have other victims contact the Military Police Investigation Unit at Fort Bliss El Paso, Texas. I'm sure those victims would be more than happy to report their experience with Mark Shay.

Feel free to call Military Police Investigation at Fort Bliss, El Paso, Texas - 915-307-1015 - they are very interested in any report reference Sgt Mark Shay.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:19 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: t-max97

That guy posted in the rc car forum a few months ago and said he was about to be deployed to Afghanistan and wanted rc donations for him and his friends to play with when they where there, he didn't get any positive replies. I didn't have any idea it was a fraud, just thought it was ridiculous to ask for that just because he decided to join the military, which I guess was a lie.
I had a junk car i was going to give him (tried to pay someone 15 dollars to take it off me) and they didn't want to. Good thing he was found phony.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:40 AM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: collector1231

ORIGINAL: t-max97

I had a junk car i was going to give him (tried to pay someone 15 dollars to take it off me) and they didn't want to. Good thing he was found phony.

I thought it was ridiculous to expect people to donate expensive rc's they bought and ship them to Afghanistan just because he volunteered to be in the military. Which may or may not be true lol.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Kiteflyer
My Feedback: (17)

bogeyp38, a user here on rcuniverse, also claimed to have been got scammed by mshay. He stated it in a post.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Falcon_az

Up to the top...
Old 07-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Kiteflyer
My Feedback: (17)

This scumbag has scammed others:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1923373
Old 07-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Falcon_az

Mark Shay requested I remove this post. I told him I would do so... only after I received my money back or the motor I bought from him. Well... today I received a motor from him.

If I could go back... and have never seen his ad... or have any dealing with this guy... I would do so in a NEW YORK MINUTE. But I can't.

This was the biggest P-I-T-A online transaction I have had after years of trading.

In any case this is behind me. Unfortunately, I'll never forget this guy and El Paso, Texas.

I'll NEVER send a money order again.

So... Mr. Moderator... please delete this thread. I promised Mark Shay I would have this thread deleted after I received my money back or a motor.

Well today I got a motor.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:13 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: Falcon_az

Mark Shay requested I remove this post. I told him I would do so... only after I received my money back or the motor I bought from him. Well... today I received a motor from him.

If I could go back... and have never seen his ad... or have any dealing with this guy... I would do so in a NEW YORK MINUTE. But I can't.

This was the biggest P-I-T-A online transaction I have had after years of trading.

In any case this is behind me. Unfortunately, I'll never forget this guy and El Paso, Texas.

I'll NEVER send a money order again.

So... Mr. Moderator... please delete this thread. I promised Mark Shay I would have this thread deleted after I received my money back or a motor.

There's no way I would delete it, even if you got your motor back, he has still scammed others and tried to scam you. And if he saw this thread, that means he's still here on another account. Everyone should know who he is and not to deal with him.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:29 PM
schoeps80

if i got scammed by this guy i would ship him a donation of ricen laced crap parts and see how he does with those
Old 07-16-2013, 05:21 AM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: schoeps80

if i got scammed by this guy i would ship him a donation of ricen laced crap parts and see how he does with those [img][/img]
Lol, the FBI is going to knock on your door soon after all that happened.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:08 AM
karlik

ORIGINAL: Falcon_az

You kept your word and requested it be removed.

Sounds like this guy needs to make restitution with a lot of other folks before the thread gets removed.