Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T8J Voltage Reading Low

Old 07-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Cpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T8J Voltage Reading Low

My T8J voltage is reading 0.5v low at the screen. In fact, every T8J that I've looked at does the same thing (6 of them so far). This is the same thing no matter what pack I put in it, NiCad, LiFe, Alkaline, etc... always reads .5v below what the battery pack reads.
It's not a matter of battery under load, if this were the case all of my other Futaba TXs would do the same, but they all read exactly what the batt pack measures.
I'm pretty sure this is a defect in the T8J line of radios; can this be fixed with a firmware update?
Old 07-16-2013, 06:17 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: T8J Voltage Reading Low

Futaba's been notified of this. Apparently, the voltage sensor is downstream of a control diode or similar component. However, the absolute voltage isn't that critical for proper and safe operation of the system.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Cpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T8J Voltage Reading Low

Bill,
How does this effect the low voltage alarm? Will it go off too early because the radio believes it's voltage is too low?