Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 PM
jetster81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video

Whats going on here? more *****ing than a gay beauty pageant. Just a shot in the dark here,why not someone post a video of the occurance and then we can make our own minds up?
Old 07-16-2013, 02:00 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I am sorry but we do NOT need people like davidr in this hobby!! BAD NEWS WHERE HE GOES!! He more than likely doesn't have a turbine wavier!
You really should find out who you are talking about before you make statements like this. You couldn't be more wrong...on all counts.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:14 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

In 25+ years in this hobby I have never once claimed to be a expert, I was there watching and filmed it! I even looked over the stabs and the failure point so why is my opinion not allowed? All I did was post that there was another thread and what the they found after the crash so get off my back.

And really? your going to call Lewis stupid? Really guy?
Fender, if you filmed it, why aren't you sharing it? Do you have some queer allegiance to FEJ? Do you think they will stop allowing you to buy their products if you post something negative about them? Your fellow modelers want to see it, for whatever reason. Whether it be for diagnosis, or strictly desire to see a crash, it would probably quell the critics faster if it was just put out there.

This brand loyalty, is perplexing to me. Especially, when the loyalty lies with a company that is synonymous with poor quality and non-existent customer service. Definitely intriguing to watch grown men fight over a toy company, then have representatives of said toy company threaten to sue when they are the ones ripe for a class action lawsuit.

In all seriousness, if one of these planes harms someone, the PILOT is going to be liable and the lawyers will have a field day exhibiting that the PILOT knowingly flew a dangerous product. It is beyond easy to display that FEJ has a track record of problems with elevators. Lawyers would eat this up. Where do you think FEJ will be? Laughing their asses off in China, untouchable.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:02 AM
kmrcjets

so where is the crash video? that's what this is supposed to be aboutnot bagging people
Old 07-16-2013, 06:00 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

I have one made on mine droid just not going to upload to YouTube yet,waiting for the offer from fei to kept secret .
Old 07-16-2013, 06:14 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

ORIGINAL: sysiek

I have one made on mine droid just not going to upload to YouTube yet,waiting for the offer from fei to kept secret .

this is probably true[:'(]
Old 07-16-2013, 07:06 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Nope, changed my mind, not going to get caught up in the crap. Just need to remind myself that there are many people who seem to have been born without the portion of their brain that provides common sense.......
Old 07-16-2013, 08:04 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I was talking with a jet guy about this last night and I was saying that I have people who I respect, and whom I call friends, who are hard-over on opposite sides of this issue. That makes it hard sometimes to negotiate the "politics" involved...

I was glad that everyone decided to get along at Kentucky Jets. I'd hate to see the community or any events suffer because of the "debate"...

Bob
Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: [Deleted]

OK guys please stop the personal attacks.

I have removed a number of posts from this thread, some were 'the voices of reason' making valid points but as they were responding to an unacceptable post which had been deleted they had to go too.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 AM
eddieC

Three pages and still no video? Wasn't that the point? 
Old 07-16-2013, 09:00 AM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys I have video of the Hawks last flight and it will be posted Wednesday. I will place a link in this thread.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

It doesn't matter if you post it or not... All they want to do is to have more to complain about and put up hate threads. It could have been a great flight and they would still complain,,,, Note some other forms on FEJ.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:26 AM
eddieC

Nothing wrong with watching a video, guy.  [:-]
Old 07-16-2013, 12:08 PM
RCJetBazz

ORIGINAL: DrScoles
In all seriousness, if one of these planes harms someone, the PILOT is going to be liable and the lawyers will have a field day exhibiting that the PILOT knowingly flew a dangerous product. It is beyond easy to display that FEJ has a track record of problems with elevators. Lawyers would eat this up. Where do you think FEJ will be? Laughing their asses off in China, untouchable.
This is what it's all about!

Old 07-16-2013, 01:00 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

ORIGINAL: eddieC

Three pages and still no video? Wasn't that the point?

DRAMA, seriously I want the video, also if anyone has the Florida Jets Video that would be good too... FEJ Hawk 2 for 2!
Old 07-16-2013, 01:10 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCJetBazz

Forgot to add, my wife is a personal injury attorney and I have been sharing this story with her since Dantley lost the F-14... I'm not just spouting unwarranted S*&t here...
Old 07-16-2013, 01:17 PM
gjhinshaw

In ALL Seriousness, If one of those jets FROM ANY FACTORY Harms someone, the PILOT is going to be liable and the lawyers will have a field day exhibiting that the PILOT knowingly flew a dangerous product. THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT! NO ONE is immune to crashes so why in the hell do you point everything to one factory?? All airplanes are subject to crash not just one factory. What its all really about is to bash a company that is trying to do better! YOU can not say they aren't trying as they have came a long ways!

Old 07-16-2013, 01:40 PM
BobbyMcGee

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

In ALL Seriousness, If one of those jets FROM ANY FACTORY Harms someone, the PILOT is going to be liable and the lawyers will have a field day exhibiting that the PILOT knowingly flew a dangerous product. THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT! NO ONE is immune to crashes so why in the hell do you point everything to one factory?? All airplanes are subject to crash not just one factory. What its all really about is to bash a company that is trying to do better! YOU can not say they aren't trying as they have came a long ways!

gjhinshaw,
FEJ is known to have reoccurring and consistent flutter problems that plague their jets. So negligence on the part of thepilot who caused damage/bodily harmdue to a crashed FEJ jet is easy to prove. And you, as an FEJ dealer, would also be brought into a lawsuit if you sold the jet that caused bodily harm. So, if you and any other FEJ jet buyer want to take that risk for not heeding good judgement and not performing due diligence, and then lose everything you own, then have at it.

Whereas, pilots of other RC jet brands will be better protected from being found negligent.

Secondly, the lousy customer serviceFEJ provides speaks volumes. And when they can't ship a jet complete, then string the buyer/victim for months before sending all the parts is soooo pathetic. That alone should keep people from buying anything from FEJ. It keeps me away!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:21 PM
oliveDrab

ORIGINAL: David2004

''Hole thing'' ''elevator spare''?

What grade are you in son?

David

ORIGINAL: Fenderbea�

I caught the hole thing on video and I saw first hand the clean break on the carbon elevator spare. Like it was stated above this was already brought up in the other thread.
The thing had a hole in it, that's why it broke apart and now needs a spare elevator, what's wrong with his statement? [img][/img]

SPAR dangit SPAR!!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:29 PM
gjhinshaw

I will fly my FEJ next to anyone!! If YOU don't like it than YOU can leave as I know it won't fly apart!!! Customer service is good for me at FEJ.. Maybe because I talk to them in a grown up manner and not some *****!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

Giginshaw, this was for you:

Hi,

I don't know you personally, and I have nothing against you personally (or any other way for that matter) but I have to say that this post was simply jaw-dropping. Your feelings on the 'dog-pile' notwithstanding, the idea that all of these planes are pretty much the same.... but what the end user thinks to modify is what makes the difference between an airplane and a smoking crater is profoundly naive and disingenuous in my opinion. I would be very interested to know what other ARFs you've personally assembled and flown (to know what you're comparing the ones you're talking about to). There are, in spite of your proclamation to the contrary, PLENTY of examples of ARF models where the buyer can confidently expect the airplane (and its components) to reliably do what they're designed (and, more importantly, SOLD) to do. Your statement completely ignores all of the firmly established, IMMUTABLE evidence of a fatally flawed design. When you have a fatally flawed design paired with sub-par craftsmanship/manufacture.... no amount of 'glue here and there' is going to solve the problem.

I definitely think some of the anti-FEJ people and comments have crossed the line and have become unnecessarily tribal and incendiary, but there's an overarching point here that's valid. YOU and some others need to look at a bigger picture and not just see this in terms of US vs. THEM. You might be the feather that tips the scales in a new customer's mind as to whether or not to pull the trigger on a purchase. You convince him that there's nothing wrong but just a bunch of angry guys unfairly attacking your 'perfectly fine' models... then what?? Do you take any responsibility (financially or morally) when HIS airplane goes down? It's not like there isn't compelling evidence that you are.

When faced with evidence of a recurring problem, shouldn't you at least consider slowing down and taking a closer look before you encourage someone else to go spend their money on something? I currently have a couple of F-22 customers to whom I'm NOT selling Y/A F-22 pipes to. Why? Because it's been reported to me that several of them had some potentially dangerous failures recently. My own experience with them was totally different, but I either have to pretend that we don't have a run of bad pipes (for ego's sake?) or stop representing to people that there's no problem. One of those actions is responsible.... the other is not.

I'm biting my tongue a lot on this whole issue because I have a couple of good friends who stand to be hurt by this whole situation, but some of these comments are hard to ignore...
Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 PM
RCJetBazz

ORIGINAL: oliveDrab

ORIGINAL: David2004

''Hole thing'' ''elevator spare''?

What grade are you in son?

David

ORIGINAL: Fenderbea�

I caught the hole thing on video and I saw first hand the clean break on the carbon elevator spare. Like it was stated above this was already brought up in the other thread.
The thing had a hole in it, that's why it broke apart and now needs a spare elevator, what's wrong with his statement? [img][/img]

SPAR dangit SPAR!!!!
A spare spar perhaps?

Old 07-17-2013, 04:26 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjckvlCy40

Fast forward to 14:10....
Old 07-17-2013, 04:35 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Beautiful flying until it didn't.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:49 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Beautiful flying until it didn't.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but from my perspective (limited to 35% & 40% IMAC type airplanes, no jets) they were flying that airplane very, very gingerly. Was that planned for a reason?
Seems to me if you are demoing a ship, you are going to put it thru it's paces and show off it's abilities. Flying a turbine like a Piper Cub makes me think they were aware of pending issues.
If I spent turbine money on a model and had to fly it like a Cub, I'd buy a cub.

Just my $0.02

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.