Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

ORIGINAL: Tseres

Got the maiden in on the Fokker. Now I have something to fly with Pete's Tigie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuckqT7usJ8

Second flight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4oW35ShixY
Well done Tom! Yeah get that little f# err Fokker over here and I will show what is what with my Tiggy.

Speaking of which I actually got out for a fly with it yesterday. First time I have flown in over 6 months. 4 x 20 min flies on a gorgeous sunny winters day, intermingled with lots of chat of various subjects - as you do!
Old 06-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Well I am still lurking and found out my ex is being a preying little so and so so if you read this dear ex wife kindly stop prying into our lives and get on with your own. Practice some of the Christian values you piously hold dear!! [8D]

What is it with Exes who can't seem to move on??

Anyway life is good LG and I am blessed. I'm even flying again and nearly have workshop sorted out.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Rich M.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Photo's of Mr. J. Hicks Flying UR EDGE. Looks as he has the plane flying well.
Now this next weekend Make the SPI Springfield Autism Fly in. Jase the Ace made it last year after XFC.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Tseres

Hey Pete. Nice to read your flying again. Becareful with that flying. It's habit forming.

Your Tiggy don't have a chance.

Sorry Rich. Jamie lives in Texas now and is out of vacation time. Anyhow I pulled the engine off of the Edge and sent it back. It has a Rod nocking. I bought it used and even at this I didn't overpay for it so it's all well. Jace is an awesom pilot and puts on a great show. Hope he makes it back there for your event.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

yeah and I do like that habit too

Nearly have workshop set up so hoping to get back to the P47 then. Need to finish the blassted thing and get onto my other builds grrrr

Most likely right about the tiggy, no guns, maybe I will shake an agry middle finger at the cursed hun hehehe [X(]
Old 07-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Happy 4th of July guys!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:29 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Pete

Thanks we need it just wish the du@#$ies in wshington would read the Decleration of Indpendance once and awhile

Cheers Bob T
Old 07-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Duplicator41

And the Constitution.

Cheers,
Old 07-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

he better watch out for those implementing the 2nd amendment! [:-]
Old 07-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

we of course have our own bozo the clown. Bozo just did an et tu brutus on Ju-Liar Gizzard.

Bring on the election, enough of the lefties and idiot greens. [>:]
Old 07-04-2013, 04:45 AM
rt3232

+ 1 but we have to wait till 2014 to try to clean up the senet and 16 for the white house.

By the way our weather has been so funky Rain Wind combo's That I have not had a chance to get eather of my war birds out. did get the old dragon lady out and dum thumed [] it on final so it is in repair, then the next reasonable day got the texas huricane arf out again doing landings and clipped a tree top with a wing tip at about 30 ft it did a buit of a snap roll went stright in and total destruct [>:]

Cheers Bob T
Old 07-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Tseres

Happy 4-th everyone. I'm in the same weather pattern as Bob. This has been the best building summer I can remember. LOL. The good thing is that I still have all my planes except the one I took apart to help a friend redo his so he can compete in the XFC. I have all my replacement parts for it so I'll just keep building. Right now I have my sons plane to put together, a foamie half finished, my Extra needs put back together, the Edge needs the engine back, the Jug needs the engine sorted out and fired up and My Pylon racer needs a receiver put in it. The only thing that worries me is what am I going to do this winter?[&o]
Old 07-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

that sucks guys [&o]

anyway I am dusting off the SeaFury to go to the LARCS Warbirds day this Sunday. Makes sense as the field is 10 mins down the road. Needs a couple of new battery packs but I do have loads of 6V 2000mAh Eneloop packs in stock so will throw a couple of those into it.

cheers
me
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69166.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1899607  
Old 07-12-2013, 12:23 PM
rt3232

Good some one gets to go fly. well I have most of the repairs done on the old dragon lady this old bird is just getting a patchwork of covering trying to use up all of my old stuff.
Will post a pic when I get it done

Still have to test run my G-38 to see if the crash may have bent the crank, it went in to the turf half way up the jug, will just have to see

Cheers Bob T
Old 07-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

good luck with it Bob.

Well I went to warbirds, my good lady helped prep the seafury sat evening. Arrived about 7.15am to find it raining [:@]

Cleared up enough to fly so fuled and started up only to have an officious nazi with a sound level meter run over and check my model. Apprantly it was 98.7dB, with a cutoff of 96dB. Mind you previous measurements I have had done at another club recorded approx 95.8dB.

I would suggest said Nazi with the sound meter needs to get hsi gadget calibrated. I was inclined to ask him for his calibration certificate! What a an officious wanker!

Bottom line is I did not fly but did catch up with a few mates, one I have not seen since I left the RAAF back in 97! Good to see you Karl!

Anyway Sunshine Coast have a Warbirds even on up there next month so plan is to go up there for the 2 days and stay overnight.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:39 PM
rt3232

Hay pete

Sorry you did not get to fly, love the discription of the wanker

Becouse of a sound problem at our club field this last winter and spring did a bit of testing on mufflers one thing I did find was about a1/3 of a s/s pot scrubber ball stuffed into the in take port of the muffler will take the sharpness out of the sound, it has to be a loose fit it seams to brake up the impluse freq just enough to qet a bout 2 to 5 db in reduction. the material I used is made by (Scotch-Bright) as best I can mic it it's about 3/4 of a mil thick and about 10 mil's wide, have checked the muffler to see if any tendency to move back to the engine and none found, also found that by incresing the size of the can portion of the muffler also helps, but that becomes a space problem, ie:custom mufflers. my testing was done on a YDA-56 and hope to get some done on one of my G-62's this summer.

I am in the process of having Lance at Bisson Custom Mufflers LLP in Canada make me one from a mockup to fit a RCGF-26, and space is not a problem with this bird. most likely will not se it for a bit as he is doing it between outher things so will see.

sorry to be so long winded

cheers Bob T
Old 07-14-2013, 09:04 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

got a pic of that stuff mate???
Old 07-14-2013, 09:32 PM
BOLTMAN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pete I have seen scotchbrite / steelwool used in mufflers before & I have seen the results of bits of it being sucked back into the motor - It's not pretty. After seing this I personally would not go down that path.

Cheers

Mick
Old 07-15-2013, 04:28 AM
rt3232

Hi all

Boltman for std steel whool you are most right, as it can/will break up in little pices just by rooling it in your fingers and could be suched back to the engine, What I am testing is Stainless Steel and is a flat material looks like a continus mil shaving and rolled into a ball. this stuff is springy and does not brake. maybe I should not have used (mil) I masured with a micrometer thicknes is .oo2 about and the width is .10. in any event it is vary tough you can not brake it up by hand. also testing in wrap arround type muffler and pushing the material back in to the can, so it is not in the header part of the unit.

Will try to load pic of the mockup and the material

cheers Bob T
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72385.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1900664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83641.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1900665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85574.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1900666  
Old 07-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: BOLTMAN

Pete I have seen scotchbrite / steelwool used in mufflers before & I have seen the results of bits of it being sucked back into the motor - It's not pretty. After seing this I personally would not go down that path.

Cheers

Mick

Mick,
I concur mate. I am thinking more of a muffler outlet extension using some OD pipe. Only needs about 50mm added but think they will make a big difference. Food for thought if nothing else.

Bob, mate many thanks for your efforts, think as Mick has said that it is risky to add near in case it ends up sucked into the donk.
cheers
P
Old 07-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Tseres

Try putting a rubber hose over the exhaust stack first. You can hold it on with a hose clamp. It will change the harmonics but not sure how much it will change the decibels. I think it would be enough to get you in good graces with the out of calibration sound meter. I did this with the tuned pipe on my Extra and it did make a difference to the sound. We don't get measured here. I did it to get the exhaust away from the bottom of the plane.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

have tried those before and what happens is the hose compresses and restricts the outlet exhaust gaes, power went way down and made the engine spluttery.

Anyway I simply won't fly at that field again. Over little men with little moustaches under their nose and wearing white coats. Wankers!!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Tseres

I thought for a second you were talking about me. I know you weren't cause I don't have a white coat. LOL.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

haha Tom, no mate not you!!

Got to say I am so sick of our election campaign, it is deginerating into the most negative and class divisive that I have ever seen.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:31 AM
rt3232

Pete

Same hear, those in power donot seam to have the country in mind, just there power. well on to better things

will most likey get the 47 out sat for a fly if the weather cooperates, been 90+ and wind at about 15 to 20, so I hope the wearher guy has it right cold front going thru and prediction is 75 to 80 with 3 to 10 wind

Hay Tom cant see you in a white coat but maybe and old machinest apron and greasy fingers.

Cheers Bob T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.