Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Before you buy from Troy Built Models read this

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Before you buy from Troy Built Models read this

Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 PM
HOT COALS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Before you buy from Troy Built Models read this

Well it looks like, what I had to say about  TBM disappeared or vanished. Because I don't see it posted.  GOOD LUCK GUYS in getting your problems solved.  ADIOS  AMEGO  TBM  NO MORE FROM  ME.    FLEET  &  STINSON  FLYER.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:03 AM
TBMcustomerservice

ORIGINAL: airraptor

Sign up for the TBM newsletter and it lets you know when containers arrive and whats in them. With the ESM planes if not in stock just do a preorder to make sure you get one as most of the time several preorders alread exist..

Just one thing for TBM I know you will make a bunch of money on the electric foamy stuff which is fine everyone is doing it but dont loose your glow/gas stuff like others are going too. Yes you do have the lowest prices on Hitec servos which I will be ordering from you now as Tower did have the lowest prices with the discounts.

TBM some of your servos are marked incorrectly though. Like the HS5245 is 59 dollars or something which I think is the retail price yet tower and everyone else sells it for 39 dollars.
I will look into that one! Thanks for the heads up!

Believe it or not, we do not make money hand over fist on the foamy stuff, there is actually a relatively low margin on that stuff, because of companies like banana hobbies and others already selling these goods, they already have the prices way down, so in order for us to be relevant, we have to keep the prices down too.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:07 AM
TBMcustomerservice

ORIGINAL: HOT COALS

!! O !!, I wish I saw this thread before I bought my Stinson 108. And hope I don't have any problem. Placed my order on 7/5/ 2013. called on 7/9/ 2013. To place another order and asked about my Stinson. Was told they didn't process it yet. And it should be shipped that day. Well here it is 7/16/ 2013 NO STINSON. Called today to find out the problem, was told it is being shipped to day. ANOTHER STORY LIE . Well I have to wait and see what happens . OH I didn't place my 2nd order and don't think Ill place another. TBM is history to me. EVEN IF THEY GAVE A 50% discount' SO!! COUNT ME IN, NOT BEING A HAPPY CAMPER. ALL ready started on my Stinson 108, 122 w/s . FLEET & STINSON FLYER

Dear Sir,

I am aware of your issue, and we are trying to solve it, it should have shipped yesterday. Because of our 4th of July sale, we sold a record number of planes, and were having some issues processing them and getting them out all at once. We shipped 34 planes in one day, which is a lot! The problems actually occured with UPS not bringing the proper sized truck for pick up and that delayed the shipping of a lot of peoples planes. The back log is now cleared, and everything is shipping.

Correction: The Kit was ordered on the 5th, and shipped out on the 11th, 3 days after ideally it should have shipped, but this was due to the back log of aircraft. It shows it is on vehicle for delivery today, and I have a feeling that once you open the package, you will realize the wait was worth it.The 108 is a beautiful bird, and I think you will be quite satisfied. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:27 AM
TBMcustomerservice

ORIGINAL: acerc

I loved his explanation very much, it was well thought out. But actions speak louder and so far his actions are absent. Such as just 3 post up, another prime example of such non existent customer care. I, unlike some, don't just forget how I was treated. Because like I said, I can get anything TBM has elsewhere. So I ask, "Bill, why should we give your business a second chance when the issues we faced are currently taking place?"

Quite simply because we answer the phone, we try our best to ensure our customers are satisfied, and we try our best to offer pemium products at the lowest price and still keep the doors open!

Old 07-17-2013, 07:39 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heres how it should work. Purchased a TF P-51 arf from Tower in Dec 2012, finally got around to building it this month and discoverd the cowl was defective. Emailed tower about it on Mon 7/15 and got a nice reply apologizing for the issue and a new one would be sent ASAP just got notified by UPS it will deliver 7/18 . Initially the girl had the wrong part # and said it was on backorder but asked if I would be ok waiting. Sheasked meto confirm it was the right part # andwhen I told her it was not she corrected itand thanked me again for my business and apologized for the inconvenience. No excuses, no blaming, just great customer service the way it should be. I've been in the retail business 12 yrs and one thing I've learned is never make excuses for poor service, apologize and ask; "how can I help, and what can I dofix this?". Good luck in getting your project finished.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:49 AM
HOT COALS

THANK  YOU BILL AT  TBM  FOR YOUR REPLY.   I WAIT AND SEE WHAT  HAPPENDS  TODAY.  STILL DIDN'T  RECIEVE   TRACE  #  ????.   GOOD LUCK  IN SOLVING  YOUR  PROBLEM'S.  SOME  TIMES  SAVING A PENNY  CAN CAUSE YOU  TO LOSE  A  DOLLAR.   HANK    FLEET  &  STINSON  FLYER.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:19 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: raptureboy

Heres how it should work. Purchased a TF P-51 arf from Tower in Dec 2012, finally got around to building it this month and discoverd the cowl was defective. Emailed tower about it on Mon 7/15 and got a nice reply apologizing for the issue and a new one would be sent ASAP just got notified by UPS it will deliver 7/18 . Initially the girl had the wrong part # and said it was on backorder but asked if I would be ok waiting. She asked me to confirm it was the right part # and when I told her it was not she corrected it and thanked me again for my business and apologized for the inconvenience. No excuses, no blaming, just great customer service the way it should be. I've been in the retail business 12 yrs and one thing I've learned is never make excuses for poor service, apologize and ask; '' how can I help, and what can I do fix this?''. Good luck in getting your project finished.
This type of experience is the one that I have personally had time and time again with TBM. Any time there was the slightest problem with my order it was remedied as quickly as possible. All of the guys that I have spoken with at the office (primarily Tone and Bill) were very helpful and responsive. It's good to see them actively responding to customer issues here on the forums. If anything, my confidence in TBM as a business of integrity has increased.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:57 AM
TBMcustomerservice

ORIGINAL: HOT COALS

THANK YOU BILL AT TBM FOR YOUR REPLY. I WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENDS TODAY. STILL DIDN'T RECIEVE TRACE # ????. GOOD LUCK IN SOLVING YOUR PROBLEM'S. SOME TIMES SAVING A PENNY CAN CAUSE YOU TO LOSE A DOLLAR. HANK FLEET & STINSON FLYER.

For some reason your e-mail address we have on file is "bouncing back" we must have it down wrong.

Im calling you now!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:23 AM
stratosn
My Feedback: (26)

Glad to read this. I have been looking at the TBM Zero............ I don't think I'll get it from them. I might get the Meister. I have two of them, a lot of building but that is what you have to do. I might find a used one At Bomber this Sept. Thanks, Nicky Pooh
Old 07-17-2013, 10:38 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

aany more i get all my planes fro m the swap meets repair them and they look like new
Old 07-17-2013, 12:10 PM
ccostant
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just read the entire thread. I've ordered from TBM before without any incident. Kudos to both Wart Hog and Bill Badnaruk as well as many others. Their posts were well thought out and professional resulting in an explanation and results. No naming calling or hitting below the belt. This is how the forums should work so all of us can benefit.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:38 PM
allmetal plane

Well Fellow modelers, Greetings!!

I would like to express my support to TBM... Sure, there have been issues, but they are striving to provide the best service they can and they continue to improve ... TBM has given me outstanding service, They HAVE taken care of my modeling needs as I expect from them, I have dealt with Gene, Bill and Jeff whom are so helpful THAT have GONE THE EXTRA MILE in order to make sure I get what I need.. I have ordered from TBM engines, Radio parts, props and many accessories without any problems and, I will continue to do so as long as I build..

Allmetal plane
Old 07-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Wart Hog
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: ccostant

I just read the entire thread. I've ordered from TBM before without any incident. Kudos to both Wart Hog and Bill Badnaruk as well as many others. Their posts were well thought out and professional resulting in an explanation and results. No naming calling or hitting below the belt. This is how the forums should work so all of us can benefit.
Thank you ccostant. I was hoping this was the way it would work out. We are all adults and there is no reason why any issue can't be handled like this. I see far too many time on forums where both side digress to 6 year old tactics to try and hurt the other person.
I gave Bill at TBM two Thumbs Up for stepping up to the bar and responding like a gentleman to the issues put forth on here. He earned my respect for that.
With shops in our hobby falling to the wayside everyday, I hope anyone on the fence or having had a less than stellar experience with TBM would take notice of my response and give him a shot. He has put forth a genuine effort here in our forum, in front of the world, to take care of everyone who has responded with an issue. He isn't hiding behind a computer making empty claims. He has posted his phone number and encouraged anyone with a question to give him a call. He has taken the customer service program at TBM on by himself and I believe we as customer will be pleased with the results. I thank Bill for that.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

I have to jump in here . I only read the first post . Yep,......................... sounds like them .

Because I live in Canada , I wouldn,t buy anything from them ,............... especialy a plane . All they send up here is junk ,.............................. they know we,ll have a hard time sending it back .

They may have good deals , .................... they choose who they want to serve ,.................... they have what we call , " EXPERIENCE ".

Yes ,..................... I,ll pay more , " NOT " to deal with them , and ESM , and Nitro Planes , are no different .

BTW ,.................. I,m not the only Canadian who feels this way , there are others , many over .

Next time ,.............................. buy a TopFlite .

Michel
Old 07-17-2013, 03:06 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'am glad things got resolved here we cant afford to loose to many more hobby shops here in the US . I did not like it when hk started up and still dont care for them now regardless of how cheap their junk is. I suport my local hobby shop and have bought at the same one for 25 years but i buy from the US online stores also if my HS does not have it or cant get it.Yea Yea i know it mostly comes from china but what little money is to be made i would rather see stay here . I will say it again Bill took the hit like a man and i would buy from him anytime . Iam out of here ,keep em flying . BTW Michel I have read in 100's of threads about the Canida's shipping problems and i suggest you look alot closer to home to fix it. Itts either we pay to much for shipping or they dont deliver to us out in the sticks. I think all US companys should stop shipping to your little world so we could stop hearing all the crying. joe
Old 07-17-2013, 03:13 PM
[email protected]

i have 3 gas planes>> do i need to keep my gas can lid a little loose for venting
Old 07-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: [email protected]
i have 3 gas planes>> do i need to keep my gas can lid a little loose for venting

Now that is a thread derailment if I've ever seen one!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:49 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: irocbsa

Stand up response from Bill and the TBM crew. Nothing less than what I have come to expect from them. Cheers.
I feel the same way. Thank you Bill for giving us the other side of the story. I would also like to add that it is refreshing to see two parties, Wart Hog and TBM, able to discuss this issue with respect and dignity. Thank you both for setting a very good example. Very classy guys.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:14 PM
oliveDrab

ORIGINAL: Michel

Hi

I have to jump in here . I only read the first post . Yep,......................... sounds like them .

Because I live in Canada , I wouldn,t buy anything from them ,............... especialy a plane . All they send up here is junk ,.............................. they know we,ll have a hard time sending it back .

They may have good deals , .................... they choose who they want to serve ,.................... they have what we call , '' EXPERIENCE ''.

Yes ,..................... I,ll pay more , '' NOT '' to deal with them , and ESM , and Nitro Planes , are no different .

BTW ,.................. I,m not the only Canadian who feels this way , there are others , many over .

Michel
......................... , ................................. , ................................. , ...........................

......................... , ................................. , ................................. , ...........................

......................... , ................................. , ................................. , ........................... .

Old 07-17-2013, 07:29 PM
j301

[
[/quote]

......................... , ................................. , ................................. , ........................... .

[/quote]
I totally disagree ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,, ..,, , .
Old 07-17-2013, 07:37 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[8D]
Old 07-18-2013, 05:36 AM
oliveDrab

ORIGINAL: j301

[

[/quote]
I totally disagree ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,, ..,, , .
[/quote]

Off topic!!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:44 AM
irocbsa

ORIGINAL: Michel

Hi

They may have good deals , .................... they choose who they want to serve ,.................... they have what we call , '' EXPERIENCE ''.

Yes ,..................... I,ll pay more , '' NOT '' to deal with them , and ESM , and Nitro Planes , are no different .

Michel
My heads hurts now. Thanks. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 07-18-2013, 07:26 AM
retransit
My Feedback: (18)

Hi

Okay, there's your first mistake. Try reading the thread before you incinerate anyone.

Bob
Old 07-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Wart Hog
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: retransit

Hi

Okay, there's your first mistake. Try reading the thread before you incinerate anyone.

Bob
Exactly. How can you make a statement about something if you haven't read all of the thread. I hope you do take time to read it and see what is really going on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.