Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

LOL Top flite has gone to the dogs too

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

LOL Top flite has gone to the dogs too

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 12:34 PM
gwweber
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOL Top flite has gone to the dogs too

I purchased a giant scale P47 three weeks ago. Upon inspection the fuse and one of the wings had minordamage to it. I called my hobby shop and exchanged the model (100 mile round trip)
We checked the plane at the shop, not pulling all the parts out of the plastic and did not see a small issue with the new planes fuse, in the same area as the original one. Funny, neither of the planes boxes were damaged and they were very well packed. I work in customer service and question what is going on at the factory that two planes have damage to the same area recieved several weeks apart. Do we have a pissed off employee at the factory throwing these items around???
WHATEVER, I did not want to drive another 100 miles to the hobby shop so I called hobbico, took pics and sent them to them along with a copy of the reciept. The damage is clearly seen but they do not want to send me the part untill I send the old fuse in at my expense. What is it going to cost me to ship a giant scale fuse back to hobbico and why do I have to pay for the shipping. Last year I built the same plane and loved it. This year I will never own another hobbico product because the service sucks ass!
Guess ill add topflite to the list of products that havegone to the dogs!
IFI wantedto buy a junk plane that looks like it has been wrecked before it has ever been flown guess i need to buy a HK plane next!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:50 PM
gwweber

Default RE: LOL Top flite has gone to the dogs too

n
Old 07-17-2013, 01:06 PM
bluescoobydoo

whats wrong with planes? I have just built a 50cc su29 and everything came from hk engine, servos the lot and it has been the best kit with the best hardware I have ever built, and I have built kits from H9, black horse, seagull, world models and a few others, the I got better hardware than I got with jet kits.
everything fitted like a glove, I know they do sell some questionable stuff but you might be surprised.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:10 PM
jack steward350
My Feedback: (7)

Those are ARFs not kits. They are already built so all that is needed is some assembly. Just sayin.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally speaking, I think that a lot of manufacturers are failing us. Whether it be the manufacturers quality control or disgruntled employees.

Same ole story of nobody is taking any personal pride in their workmanship. Haven't you noticed, that the world is going down the commode !
Old 07-18-2013, 02:04 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, we're flushing Detroit as we speak . Red
Old 07-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Detroit got flushed years ago, by its politicians and the auto industry. Also have to mention the labor unions.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:48 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

YUP !!!!! ENJOY !!! RED
Old 07-20-2013, 04:44 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

please post a picture of the damage,

I have a TF Giant p-51 ARC,, Vertical fin Busted, same thing, box is fine. Now I did buy it second hand, but I find it hard to believe the guy knew it was damaged, looked like it never came out of the box. Lucky for me I was going to do a B-model conversion anyway.

You know the saying,,, want it done right, do it yourself,, Building will make a comeback,, just a matter of time

good luck
Old 07-20-2013, 06:00 AM
sturmovik60

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not only TF. There are alot of others out there that have the same problem. The people building and packing them don't give a crap. The companys here in the US need to have some sort of quality control or its going to get worse.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:14 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is the guy in the USA needs to make three trips to China .
1) for pre production
2) for 50% QC an mid production
3) For post -prepack-Final Production
At $3500 and more per trip , you better have other business in China or the programs become unprofictable .
Most damage is in the shipping case design . An example on another ARF that included servos , the servos horns are left off purposely in shipping , well the servo nubs were left uncovered to dig into the balsa sheeting of the wing packed next to them , every model was the same .
Some companies got the process correct early . ESM , when imported by KMP , had an outer case that was corregated but built like a wood shipping crate , it was heavy , added cost but saved in the headachs of damage and credite after the sale .
Old 07-21-2013, 03:51 PM
gwweber

Here are the pics of the second plane's rudder http://s782.photobucket.com/user/gww...?sort=3&page=1
Old 07-21-2013, 04:26 PM
1320Fastback

At a recent event I went too a TF P51 ARFs landing gear tore out on a very respectable landing.

As the damage was being inspected someone said his did the same weeks before.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:16 AM
kwblake

Have to say, it's not all bad news. Here is a link to a thread I did a while back. Hanger 9 is doing things right, in my opinion. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11546278/tm.htm