Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Old 07-17-2013, 01:32 PM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Brian -

Sweet. Brings back memories of my time in FL; full-timing it in a 36' Georgie Boy. I got more pinched fingums from thosedamn awnings; but you didn't dare NOT put it down, cuz it instantly made it 10° cooler inside... or at least it seemed that way. Sure helped the AC do its job, in any event.

MY MOBIUS JUST ARRIVED!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

And today is flying club day!!!
I dunno what I'm going to put it on; but I'll find SOMETHING to fly it with!

I'm up to my elbows in ''SMALL'' heli bags; moving all my tiny helis & quads over to their new home. So far; I have too much space. I like it.

mnem

moo.

Hiya Mnem!

Congrats on the score and I look forward to vids!

It keeps the place "live"!

Yeppers in 77 days we can become ersatz full timers (we're keepin' the house) and tour this great nation in a 40' toy hauler (wifey doesn't want to drive around all the time in a BIG honkin' crew cab long bed! So we'll have a lil Smart Car/Fiat/Leaf or some such in the back.

If we take to it we'll live the warmer seasons to the north and come home for the winter!

As for lens caps, my work provides me with amazing German binoculars and I recall my now long dead sergeant unboxing mine as we drove down the highway and opening the window and tossing my four covers onto Tamami trail. "You won't need these, they're a pain in the a s s"! He said!

I continue that tradition without the littering!

Hanging at the camp, waiting for the Princess!!

b
Old 07-17-2013, 02:50 PM
ingleburn

Wow this camera just gets better. If you have a TV with a USB port it will play the videos and pics straight off it.
One thing I noticed yesterday is that if you use it as a dash cam make sure the usb adaptor can supply enough power.
My cheap one couldnt so the camera kept switching off. Heres a few screen shots.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99431.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1901568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41675.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1901569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88664.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1901570  
Old 07-17-2013, 02:52 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Wow this camera just gets better. If you have a TV with a USB port it will play the videos and pics straight off it.
One thing I noticed yesterday is that if you use it as a dash cam make sure the usb adaptor can supply enough power.
My cheap one couldnt so the camera kept switching off. Heres a few screen shots.
Just amazing!

Most of us here are middle aged and I take pause and revel in having been lucky enough to live in these times!

I couldn't have even opened the catalog on R/C 20 years ago!

b
Old 07-17-2013, 03:01 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

OHCRAP, Your driving on the wrong side of the road!

Old 07-17-2013, 03:30 PM
ahamay

Is that 720 or 1080 ?

Most of the $2 shops have 2.1amp USB 12v car adapters now for guess how much.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:41 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Is that 720 or 1080 ?

Thats 1080. Yeah I have the $2 shop one in there now. Next time I will try 720 as the cam keeps picking up the reflections from the dash.
The audio quality is unreal as well. Guess I wont be posting any of those videos.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:47 PM
ahamay

Is that 720 or 1080 ?
Thats 1080. Yeah I have the $2 shop one in there now. Next time I will try 720 as the cam keeps picking up the reflections from the dash.
The audio quality is unreal as well. Guess I wont be posting any of those videos.
I think mounting the camera near the top of the windscreen would eleminate most of the reflections. I ordered the suction mount with mine, but you could mount it on your visor or there abouts. I see most of the proper marketed dash cams have you mounting them up near the rearview mirror.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:52 PM
ingleburn

Is that 720 or 1080 ?
I think mounting the camera near the top of the windscreen would eleminate most of the reflections. I ordered the suction mount with mine, but you could mount it on your visor or there abouts. I see most of the proper marketed dash cams have you mounting them up near the rearview mirror.
It was mounted right up the top near the mirror. Thats how wide the view is. Thats why Im going to try the 720. The suction mount is great. For the price the best Ive seen.

Got a spare $350 lying around.www.youtube.com/watch

Old 07-17-2013, 03:55 PM
ahamay

Is that 720 or 1080 ?
It was mounted right up the top near the mirror. Thats how wide the view is. Thats why Im going to try the 720. The suction mount is great. For the price the best Ive seen.
Got a spare $350 lying around.www.youtube.com/watch
Wow, that is wide then.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:03 PM
rikybob

(ala Tom Frank) Can you take that to IM?[8D]

It's off topic!

Nigglingly yours,

b
Old 07-17-2013, 07:43 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

(ala Tom Frank) Can you take that to IM?[8D]

It's off topic!

Nigglingly yours,

b
Shhhh you, arent you on holidays. Go and play with your boatsor shag your gear.

Some blather coming soon, did my first flips and rolls on the 450 and then destroyed the tail on the BL trying inverted FF.
Thats my next aim but a long way to go.
Also posting some shots of the dash cam at 720p.
Must have a faulty cable as its still cutting out when connected to power.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54477.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1901707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx74187.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1901708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44651.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1901709  
Old 07-17-2013, 09:28 PM
ingleburn

Ok the video is up. Used Avidemux to cut the size down from 600 Mb to only 200.
Off to the LHS to pick up some links and a frame for the BL. I think learning inverted FF is going to take some time and money.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjur2QMCaw8[/youtube]
Old 07-18-2013, 01:58 AM
pushinoldrc

Off to the LHS to pick up some links and a frame for the BL. I think learning inverted FF is going to take some time and money.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjur2QMCaw8[/youtube]
Great blather, and even better flying. That loop looked good, you will improve the roundness of them as you do more.
Looks like your flying is getting better and better. Piro-flips next time?
B

Old 07-18-2013, 04:55 AM
rikybob

Off to the LHS to pick up some links and a frame for the BL. I think learning inverted FF is going to take some time and money.[img][/img]

Great flyin' and great blather.

You have come a great distance "Grasshopper"!

Wow that field would look REALLY good with a 500 flyin' around it!

As for power lines if you'll note in my viddys we have 'em too but they don't cause and issue!

Yeppers rain here and the first two days wifey has to commute!

Getting in a lot of exercise (well needed I might add) and a lot of screwing off!

All the best!

b
Old 07-18-2013, 10:02 AM
mnemennth

2) The 500 will NOT be to big for your fields. Look closely as they are only slightly longer and very nicely taller! This makes it WORLDS AWAY easier to fly, see and work on!

b
When the time is right and you decide to get a 500 I can honestly say you will wish you had done it sooner. You don't really need any more space to fly a 500 over the 450. Your field would be plenty big enough to fang a 500 around the same as you do the 450.... it's just more greacefull and much easier to see.

The 500 was scary as heck the first time I flew it, but so was the 450 when I built it to learn to fly on. I really think it's the visibility and the noise that gets you with the 500. I've just done 50 flights total on my 500 after flying today and I'm hooked on it big time... I can't get enough of it. I've been out every day this week since Sunday.

Ok enough out of you. Im copping it enough from Brian. But maybe if you can do a piro flip.
I'm just going to leave this lying over here... where ANYBODY might trip over it...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFebV40cq4Y[/youtube]

Click on my channel for more Mobius vids and more flying.

mnem
*Back to work*

Old 07-18-2013, 02:48 PM
rikybob

2) The 500 will NOT be to big for your fields. Look closely as they are only slightly longer and very nicely taller! This makes it WORLDS AWAY easier to fly, see and work on!

b
When the time is right and you decide to get a 500 I can honestly say you will wish you had done it sooner. You don't really need any more space to fly a 500 over the 450. Your field would be plenty big enough to fang a 500 around the same as you do the 450.... it's just more greacefull and much easier to see.

The 500 was scary as heck the first time I flew it, but so was the 450 when I built it to learn to fly on. I really think it's the visibility and the noise that gets you with the 500. I've just done 50 flights total on my 500 after flying today and I'm hooked on it big time... I can't get enough of it. I've been out every day this week since Sunday.

Ok enough out of you. Im copping it enough from Brian.[img][/img] But maybe if you can do a piro flip.[img][/img]
I'm just going to leave this lying over here... where ANYBODY might trip over it... [img][/img] flying.

mnem
*Back to work*

Subscribed!

Comments on YT!

Here's a lil article on why you need to be safe!

http://gizmodo.com/a-swiss-man-was-k...icop-777233761

B
Old 07-18-2013, 04:46 PM
mnemennth

Yeah, it made the news here when that guy in Houston got nearly decapitated by an out of control heli; and he was an instructor!

My gut reaction while Sloane was thrashing his 550 was pretty much as if some guy had started running around the field, randomly swinging a running lawnmower about sideways. As long as it all stays at the other end of the field, I'm okay... when it gets close, that's when I gets nervous.

Yet ANOTHER reason I wasn't wanting to crowd the guy and throw off his concentration.

mnem
I'll be glad if I get to the point of doing a little inverted and a few tic-tocs...

Old 07-19-2013, 12:41 AM
ingleburn

No flying today but will make up for it tomorrow.
Took some more video using the Mobius as a dash cam. Dull day and the settings were 720p 60 fps WDR off and data rate set to low.
That took the files from 600 Mb per 6 minutes of video to 400 Mb. Turned out my cable was faulty not the adapter.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn6Cwzy7Fwc[/youtube]

Old 07-19-2013, 10:39 AM
mnemennth

Okay... I've put together the HobbyKing order for my new mini-quad:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

A fellow RCGmember sent me one he blew up one of the ESCs on trying to fly aerobatics with too much prop; after tinkering with it, I'm inclined to believe I can be very happy with it for my much less stressful porpoises.

I'm getting the el-cheapo recommended 5x3 props as they're like $1.73 for 6 on the SWARM; while I was at RC International (The Buddy Code/Swarm site) http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm I also found these, I thought I'd pass 'em along:

$22.87

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F-8D3FA1C9B538

$2.37

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3-D043E7A65667

$0.34

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3-D043E7A65667

Remember you need to be logged in to your HK account for these to work; if they still don't work, or you're not from the US and want local codes, you can look them up on the RCI site linked above.

Now, all that remains is the motors... they're gonna have to wait 'til next paycheck or muh birfday, cuz I'm getting the good ones from MyRCMart, and it's $50 just for them:

http://www.myrcmart.com/zmr-1804-240...se-p-6281.html

http://www.myrcmart.com/zmr-1804-240...se-p-6280.html

The irony of spending $50 in motors for a $25 chassis is NOTlost on me.

I'm going to be just vibrating until it all gets here.

mnem
I haven't lost my mind. It's just gone vertical.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:07 PM
rikybob

Okay... I've put together the HobbyKing order for

A fellow RCG member sent me one he blew up one of the ESCs on trying to fly aerobatics with too much prop; after tinkering with it, I'm inclined to believe I can be very happy with it for my much less stressful purposes

I'm getting the el-cheapo recommended 5x3 props as they're like $1.73 for 6 on the SWARM; while I was at RC International (The Buddy Code/Swarm site) http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm I also found these, I thought I'd pass

$0.34

Remember you need to be logged in to your HK account for these to work; if they still don't work, or you're not from the US and want local codes, you can look them up on the RCI site linked above.

Now, all that remains is the motors... they're gonna have to wait 'til next paycheck or muh birfday, cuz I'm getting the good ones from MyRCMart, and it's $50 just fo

The irony of spending $50 in motors for a $25 chassis is NOT lost on me.[img][/img]

I'm going to be just vibrating until it all gets here. [img][/img]

mnem
I haven't lost my mind. It's just gone vertical. [img][/img]

Cool frame, great tape, love velcro, I have two Accucel 6 and an 8.
50 bux a motor!!! That come with a little hand. ..

Wx let up long enough to sail both old and new Nirvana. Met an old guy who says they meet in the am tomorrow and race sail boats sunday. Lets see if my boats are trimmed out right?

All the best!

B
Old 07-19-2013, 06:19 PM
ingleburn

Okay... I've put together the HobbyKing order for

A fellow RCGmember sent me one he blew up one of the ESCs on trying to fly aerobatics with too much prop; after tinkering with it, I'm inclined to believe I can be very happy with it for my much less stressful purposes

I'm getting the el-cheapo recommended 5x3 props as they're like $1.73 for 6 on the SWARM; while I was at RC International (The Buddy Code/Swarm site) http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm I also found these, I thought I'd pass

$0.34

Now, all that remains is the motors... they're gonna have to wait 'til next paycheck or muh birfday, cuz I'm getting the good ones from MyRCMart, and it's $50 just fo

The irony of spending $50 in motors for a $25 chassis is NOTlost on me.[img][/img]

I'm going to be just vibrating until it all gets here. [img][/img]

mnem
I haven't lost my mind. It's just gone vertical. [img][/img]

Cool frame, great tape, love velcro, I have two Accucel 6 and an 8.
50 bux a motor!!! That come with a little hand. ..

Wx let up long enough to sail both old and new Nirvana. Met an old guy who says they meet in the am tomorrow and race sail boats sunday. Lets see if my boats are trimmed out right?

All the best!

B
Yeah I had anAccucel 6 and it was great. When it finally gave up the ghost I replaced it with a HK Eco 6 which I think is pretty much the same.
Good luck with the racing, make sure you get some video.

@mnemennth. Good luck with the quad build. Im sure it was 50 bucks for 4 motors, Yeah I use the HK velcro and foam tape all the time. Great stuff and cheap.

My day of flying ended early when I stripped the front TT gears after a landing in long grass. I had an Align TT on it that is suposse to break before the gears strip, guess HK gears are crap.
Replaced with Tarot gears now so will see how they hold up.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:46 AM
mnemennth

Well...

I just took a quick poke around HK's New Products page after seeing this on the Daily:

Turnigy MultiStar 1704

Of course, it's not in stock YET, but I'm HOPING it will be at the US warehouse, and soon.

While I was in there, I spotted a few other items:

Looks like they have the YEP 40A back in stock:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

And this looks like a NICE bit of kit for little money:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...700_size_.html

As does this bit of bling for you SPEKTRUM floozies... err, users:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ers_Blue_.html

This 200W TOUCHSCREEN LiPo charger for only $110. I was actually shopping this under the MFR's brand at around $130-160. It is made by iMaxRC, and Big SQuid RC gave it favorable review.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_10A_6S.html

Oh, wait... GoNitro has it on the FleaBay now for $120 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAX-RC-X200...item2c70b5ab69

And this nifty Vampire 1100mm PNF WITH RETRACTS for only $120:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html

...and I've been drooling over this bad boy since I saw it in my inbox several weeks ago; but it's still $170:

K... I got a heli I need to test fly after rebuilding the tail motor...

L8ters, g8ers!

mnem
I'm lookin' at YOU, Brian!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:08 PM
pushinoldrc

Cool stuff mnem,  I really want the digital pitch gauge and will use it for more than just choppers.  I bet it would work very well as an incidence meter provided I can attach it to my Robart unit.

For a little more OT:
Ya'll please check out these videos and comment. Both Hugh and I had a great time at the field, but did not get any video of my Gaui 425 stretched to 550.  It flew great, but I was VERY NERVOUS.
B
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHiFeHFTRbE[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aArU7EEeSA[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfYn3t6eCGM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsunKs6PPtQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BJOKRLFsaU[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na3YCHQwguY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Fhqa1oyo0[/youtube]
Old 07-21-2013, 05:41 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

Cool stuff mnem, I really want the digital pitch gauge and will use it for more than just choppers. I bet it would work very well as an incidence meter provided I can attach it to my Robart unit.

For a little more OT:
Ya'll please check out these videos and comment. Both Hugh and I had a great time at the field, but did not get any video of my Gaui 425 stretched to 550. It flew great, but I was VERY NERVOUS.
B

All looked at and commented on. Looks like the new club is working out well.
Glad you had a good day and some mighty impressive planes.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:39 PM
rikybob

Well...

I just took a quick poke around HK's New Products page after seeing this on the Daily:

Turnigy MultiStar 1704

Of course, it's not in stock YET, but I'm HOPING it will be at the US warehouse, and soon.

While I was in there, I spotted a few other items:

Looks like they have the YEP 40A back in stock:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

And this looks like a NICE bit of kit for little money:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...700_size_.html

As does this bit of bling for you SPEKTRUM floozies... err, users:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ers_Blue_.html

This 200W TOUCHSCREEN LiPo charger for only $110. I was actually shopping this under the MFR's brand at around $130-160. It is made by iMaxRC, and Big SQuid RC gave it favorable review.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_10A_6S.html

Oh, wait... GoNitro has it on the FleaBay now for $120 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAX-RC-X200...item2c70b5ab69

And this nifty Vampire 1100mm PNF WITH RETRACTS for only $120:

\

...and I've been drooling over this bad boy since I saw it in my inbox several weeks ago; but it's still $170:

K... I got a heli I need to test fly after rebuilding the tail motor...

L8ters, g8ers!

mnem
I'm lookin' at YOU, Brian!
Hiya Mnem!

I really like it when you post goodies like the above, I prolly wouldn't notice them myself!

Really cool stuff!

You got me thinkin about my crappy arrangement with three separate chargers.

I like them 4 in 1 chargers and think their pretty cool.

As for me?

We are enjoying day 5 of summer vacation with 7 more to go!

Friends are flitting in and out and we are livin' large!

My quad stuff made it to my post office but mail is held so's I won't see it for a week!

Hope all is well in YOUR worlds!

b

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.