Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 03:21 PM
FreakyDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Taigen Tanks

Glen remember Tiger 332? same box as that with a different drive shaft. I hope you do remember the Grey 332
ORIGINAL: Glen B

ORIGINAL: jrowethese gear boxs are available on other web sites and have been for some while.

If someone has information on any of these sites, I would appreciate knowning where they are.

I usually do pretty well at searches, but not this time

Old 07-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Glen B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tiger 332 was a HL Tiger I with Mato 3:1's; 1st picture

My Das Reich HL Tiger I also has Mato 3:1's; 2nd picture

The other gearboxes seem to me to be similar in general configuration, but have differences from the Mato's; 3rd picture

My Mato's do not have the mounting tab shown on the outside of the right gearbox, ahead of the motor; 4th picture, this appears to match up with a tapped hole in the gearbox mounting plate on a Taigen Tiger I

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43863.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1901599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19973.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1901600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns43323.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1901601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67124.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	1901602  
Old 07-17-2013, 04:47 PM
FreakyDude

Glen
I believe your pictures show how close they are. that should sum them up in a nutshell
Old 07-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Glen B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mato 3:1 for a HL Tiger I is on the right, the other one is on the left, both are for the left side.
They are close. but not the same.
Probably have the same, or similar gear sizes/ratios.
There are a number of differences in the configuration and dimensions. The one on the left appears to bolt into a Taigen Tiger I but this is difficult to absolutely confirm in one picture, this was why I was interested to learn more about it and posted the initial question.

Name:	Rp42512.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1901661  
Old 07-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I am not familiar with a Clark board as I should be. I hopefully will be ordering one soon for testing my personal tank. However, the barrel does have a flash, though software takes care of the recoil in the tracks. FreakyDude would be the guy to talk to about Clark boards.

ORIGINAL: kingtiger88

Hi Erik,

I have an Imex Taigen King Tiger IR version on order and wanted to know if the recoil is similar to what it would be if a Clark TK22 board was installed. In other words, does the barrel have a flash and does it go backwards when 'fired'?

Thanks,

Congrats on your new Tiger! However, you should of contacted me first thing! A cracked hull is most likely from shipping, but we are always glad to help/replace/offer alternatives to any problem. The lower hull can be replaced no problem very quickly. As for the gearboxes, the steel gears was a mess up on my end, I was still new here and got some incorrect information and passed it along. They are zinc alloy gearboxes, HOWEVER, we do have brass gearboxes coming (with new high torque motors) in the next few weeks. Either way, if you wish, you can contact me through our website and I'll fix your issues promptly. Don't worry about the steel ones, they are being looked into, but I can announce no current plans for them.
ORIGINAL: mcm308

Hello , I purchased a full metal Tiger 1 from The Motorpool. So far I have ran 3 full battery packs through it.  Its a great tank and I love it. However, I will mention my couple quirks.. when it arrived, I opened the box to find a cracked lower hull on the fender support? Doesn't seem structural or affect the way it runs so I didn't raise a stink about it . Just bugged me a bit that it arrived new that way. Second is the gearboxes, I thought these came with black steel gears? Mine came with pot metal gears that some of the gear teeth only engage the opposing gear halfway and not full gear contact. I'm sure its a matter of time before the teeth start to strip and now I'm a little hesitant to install more powerful motors. A little disappointed in this.. other then those 2 things. Its awesome! I would probably be interested in a set of those brass gearboxes to have on the shelf for when the original pot metal ones fail.

EDIT: Just went back and read the whole thread and now I'm a little confused..  4.1 boxes with STEEL gears were an option in what? 

Yes, it is a drop in install. Took just a few min to take off the tracks and install. We plan to stock them very soon, keep pestering your closest dealer or email me at our website for news! Price will be $79.99 for the motor/gearbox combo
ORIGINAL: Glen B

Erik

Can you tell me if the gearbox in your post is a "drop in" installation in the Taigen Tiger I?

If so, do you stock them and what is the price?

Old 07-19-2013, 11:37 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Freaky these tus are just the asiatam ones that have been out a very long time. They're far superior to the mato tus of any generation.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Imex-Erik

Here are some better pictures of the brass gearboxes. The first gear attached to the motor and the final gear attached to the drive shaft will be removeable, allowing different gear ratios to be made to your style/preference.

Also we have been working hard to complete our new Tiger 1 kit coming up soon! We are just a few months away! We also have something SUPER special up our sleeves for a later reveal
We did manage to score a bunch of new parts ranging from replacement tires for the early Tiger 1 to a few new chassis. I want to thank Gene @ Artistic hobbies, and Tony @ Big Boys Toys Airsoft for the help and suggestions. I will be more active again on the forums, my boss just likes to send me out of town all the time
Old 07-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They look tough, I like any new gearbox products that look beefy such as these. I don't know of anyone in the club here with them but I think they can be popular.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:38 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As someone else mentioned these have been out for years marketed as Asiatam in the past.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

At least a half dozen Asiatam sets here...

The Gearset I really want is the ones RCCommand used to sell - the gear ratio was more than the stock HL ratio, but not the massive reduction that the 4:1 sets provide [&o] - the 4:1's are OK for Tigers, but when you are trying to get scale speed out of a Bulldog (or even a Pershing or Panther!) they ain't much use [&o]
Old 07-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ex_Pat_Tanker

At least a half dozen Asiatam sets here...

The Gearset I really want is the ones RCCommand used to sell - the gear ratio was more than the stock HL ratio, but not the massive reduction that the 4:1 sets provide [&o] - the 4:1's are OK for Tigers, but when you are trying to get scale speed out of a Bulldog (or even a Pershing or Panther!) they ain't much use [&o]
Agreed. I like the steel 4:1s a lot, they make my KV-2 zip around like a speed deamon yet in my Tiger & Panzer IV, sluggish!

I've mentioned before I'd love a standard ratio steel set with bearings.. Taigen should jump on those.

YHR yes you're totally correct, I didn't recognize them!!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:49 PM
jrowe

I saw these available on the Taigen web site called to order a couple and was told they were sold out! how long have they been available? i thought i was keeping track on them but guess not!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Imex-Erik

We put up a picture, but they still arent here yet
I promise I'll let you guys know first thing.
ORIGINAL: jrowe

I saw these available on the Taigen web site called to order a couple and was told they were sold out! how long have they been available? i thought i was keeping track on them but guess not!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:26 AM
Imex-Erik

Ok so I was talking to the bossman about some LED lights the other day when we got off track and said something about LED ground effects.... Anyways, I decided to light up the tank and figured I would share it here. Please dont flame me, it was initally a joke, but it ended up looking pretty good haha. I put 4 LED light bars on the tank, and 2 single LED lights. All use a LED controller and I mounted the switch to the front hatch so you can turn on easy when you turn on the tank. I also took a 2 cell Li-Ion old helicopter battery I had laying around and used this to power all the lights. Right now the inside is a mess, I'll have to find some time to clean it all up and make it look pretty. I was thinking about 3d printing some road tires to complete the package, we shall see. Here are some pics in the dark, it is our TAG12030 model.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Cruiser133

Not very "military", but very cool none the less. Me Likey.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:02 AM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

Reminds me of my teenage years back in the mid 70's it was popular when we had big tires on the rear and air shocks to raise the rear end replace the rear drive cover with a chrome one after painting it then add blue lighting untell the cop made us stop running the lights it was ok when parked but not driving down the street .

Jimmy
Old 07-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Imex-Erik

Well I'm glad you guys like it, here is another picture in the light so you can see a bit more.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:20 PM
kev308

I wonder if anyone makes 16th scale spinners for the road wheels????
Old 07-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Arctic Cat ZRT

I think it looks really cool, yes it is not prototypical, but it does give your tank some extra flare and a person touch! I may just have to "borrow" your idea. 
Old 07-30-2013, 05:10 AM
Imex-Erik

Thanks! If I get enough people liking it, I'll redo all the wiring and set it up nice and show how I did it to everyone
Next time I will go with a lot more single LEDs and really light the tank up. The hardest part is getting the lights on the bottom of the tank and wiring them. So far I have pushed well over 8 hours with the lights on and the battery is still good, I'm hoping to get around 12 hours of lights on one charge.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:10 AM
jrowe

With the right lighting you could simulate some type of explosion under the tank like running over a mine or something.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Imex-Erik

Or you could hook the LED lights up to the headlights and it would glow when connected and blink when not. You could also hook up the LEDs to the machine gun switch and use the button on the remote to flash them

Good news! The kit is getting closer and closer to being finalized! It is a grueling job working on instructions and such, hopefully you guys will get to see it soon enough.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:45 AM
mcm308

[QUOTE=Imex-Erik;11574238
Congrats on your new Tiger! However, you should of contacted me first thing! A cracked hull is most likely from shipping, but we are always glad to help/replace/offer alternatives to any problem. The lower hull can be replaced no problem very quickly. As for the gearboxes, the steel gears was a mess up on my end, I was still new here and got some incorrect information and passed it along. They are zinc alloy gearboxes, HOWEVER, we do have brass gearboxes coming (with new high torque motors) in the next few weeks. Either way, if you wish, you can contact me through our website and I'll fix your issues promptly. Don't worry about the steel ones, they are being looked into, but I can announce no current plans for them.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Erik,
Thanks for responding to my post! I didn't pursue the problem when I received it because I didn't think I would have much support and that it would be a hassle. I guess I was wrong.
I will try to get in touch with you through your website or you can shoot me an email at [email protected]. Again, Thanks and I really appreciate it !
Old 08-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the very first set of steel geared TU's that RCCommand ever sold in my Tiger. They are probably the toughest TU i have except for the Impacts Willy built for my Panther. The gear ration on the RCC boxes is awesome. My tank weighs close to 10 pounds and climbs anything. great gear boxes. shame they can't be found or re issued by some one.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:20 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

You mean these .

Jimmy

Name:	DSCN0986.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	1906588   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0987.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	1906589  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.