Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

mecoa

Old 07-17-2013, 10:11 PM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mecoa

Is there anyone out there besides me that have trouble ordering stuff from mecoa with paypal . Last Dec. I wanted a HP 21 4stroke engine and tried to order one with paypal and their lack of interest was underwhelming to say the least . That transaction never materialized and I never got a paypal invoice and I never herd another thing and I never lived happily ever after . I thought I might give them another shot and ordered the same engine on the 5th and unfortunately despite the engine being in stock this is heading the same way as my 1st order . Is there a trick to getting them off their arses and even replying to my emails would be a step in the right direction . Normally I would just give them the flick but having enough of your average engines I wanted to give their somewhat unusual engines a go . Any advice , cheers the pope
Old 07-17-2013, 10:29 PM
huck1199

Default RE: mecoa

I have ordered parts in the past with no problem; but that was 2 years ago.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:51 PM
DerFly

I have always phoned first and gotten great service. Nice people but not the most tech savvy, my opinion only of course.

DF
Old 07-18-2013, 12:19 AM
the pope

Hi there Fly , did you pay with paypal or credit card ? I don't know if that's the "crutch" of the problem or there just hopeless .Maybe I should cancel the order and try again with C/C but then I would need them to contact me with shipping costs and Id be back in the same boat . Cheers
Old 07-18-2013, 01:21 AM
DerFly

Mate,
Give them a call first thing in the morning. Have them quote postage and give them your credit card on the phone. Easiest and fastest option.
Good luck.
DF
Old 07-18-2013, 04:20 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that ever since they did their big move a year or so ago that they just haven't gotten their act together. Their website says they will be closed from July 21 though Aug 8, 2013 too. So ordering stuff may not go so well.
I did try to place a order for some parts just before the move, but I didn't know they had started to move yet, anyway, that order never got filled either.
They are probably fulfilling their government contracts for stuff and that takes precedence over other things of course.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:27 AM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe their model supply side of the house will eventually thunder in if business priorities aren't balanced. I also believe their engine prices for the most part are very high and not competitive with the overall market.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:56 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

After my experience with them you should consider this a blessing and find a different engine.[:'(]
Old 07-18-2013, 08:13 AM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

Never had a problem with them but have not done any business with them in a couple of years.

That is no excuse.  But do try calling first.  You are not going to get that particular brand of engine otherwise as they are now the sole supplier.

Chip
Old 07-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Lone Star Charles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've done bits and pieces orders over the last several years. Never a problem with a credit card. I don't like PayPal, so I don't use them - just too complex for me.
I've also called several times for specific help and they have always been very helpful.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:51 AM
109....someday
My Feedback: (1)

I placed an order for some stuff on Monday through the website. I tried calling, but never got any answer so after four calls I just placed the order. I was hoping it would ship before they closed since I ordered it on Monday...but here it is Thursday afternoon and no "your order has shipped" email. I don't think it is looking good too good, but I really want my Sportster. I have my fingers crossed.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:00 PM
the pope

Finally got a reply this morning . Maybe this thread has put a rocket under their backside . Anyway had to agree with a increase in shipping to a tracked item and there going to split the difference in cost , happy with that and they said they will ship before their holiday break so will let you know if that happens . Apparently from now on all orders over a $100 will be by their dearest shipping option that comes with tracking . I don't mind if there into other stuff as well as long as the customer is aware of any delays so you can decide if you wont to proceed or not but just being kept in the dark I don't jive on that . I don't know if this is just a coincidence or not but you seem to get a better chance of a reply if you use the email contact section on their website . Cheers the pope .
Old 07-18-2013, 05:23 PM
maxtenet

I ordered a thrust washer for a Fuji .40 in 1998 and call them every year. The same response is that they will get to it when they have time. It's really a running joke. 15 years is a bit long to wait on parts. Good thing I don't really need the engine but it is in my collection. However, if I needed to actually use it, 15 years is a bit too long to wait!

TRUE STORY!
Max [&o]
Old 07-18-2013, 05:48 PM
the pope

That's pretty funny . Can they see the funny side to that . Anyway They have just sent me a paypal invoice and for better or worse its all done now . Now I cant wait and defiantly not 15 yrs . Cheers the pope
Old 07-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also believe their engine prices for the most part are very high and not competitive with the overall market.
They have a cheaper line of engines that cost much less. But the quality is way down. The HP and RJL engines are very high quality, and the K&B's are very good as well and generally lower in price.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:03 PM
the pope

Hi there S.P. I just wanted to try something a little different and I haven't seen an engine like these. Maybe the rcv are a little like these .It looks pretty cute. If it runs ok Ill be a happy camper although the price is right up there especially with the Aus $ the way it is . That's it for me with engines for now ( yeh right ) Maybe the os 15cc gasser when it comes out . I must say the norvell 40 gass engine is a pretty good runner so far , cheers the pope
Old 07-19-2013, 05:49 PM
earlwb

Those little HP VT engines are really nice running little jewels of a engine. Hopefully they didn't screw it up when they took over HP and moved all the stuff to California and started making them there.

I suspect they tend to use up the existing parts to make engines and if needed make some parts for the engines. But after they use up the parts making the engines they aren't interested in actually casting new parts and machining them to make more. They seem to make one run of a particular engine and that is it, they never seem to get around to making more of them.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:19 PM
the pope

Just got confirmation that its on its way . If anyone has any dimensions like the mounting hole centres, mounting lug width and distance from the drive washer to the rear of the engine I would appreciate it . I plan on putting it in a scaled down kaos and although I could wait at least if I have these I can solider on . Glad to here there a smooth runner and from what I can gather not very powerful but that's ok as long as I can get airborne and do a few basic manoeuvres . I don't particularly want to put it in a cub . Cheers
Old 07-24-2013, 06:25 PM
the pope

Just got the engine today , not bad about a week from actually getting the order through and that's to Aus. . Will have to mix up some %22 castor fuel and give it a bench breakin shortly . U beauty . Cheers the pope
Old 07-24-2013, 07:26 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Photographs please? A picture paints a thousand words
Old 07-24-2013, 07:38 PM
the pope

Hey there fiery no photos but here's a link ( hopefully ) . Probably better as Im no hand model ! Cheers the pope
http://www.mecoa.com/hp/vt/21.htm?id=2110