Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 05:24 AM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Um,... Not sure how to do that, due to the fact that I've never owned one..... Search around online. You should be able to find something... ..... I would think...

SANDPAWS????? What?!?! Sandpaws are for "SAND". Not grass. He's gonna put one hell of strain on his drive train. (That rhymes doesn't it...) How could he do Sandpaws?!?!  Why Sandpaws?!?!?!  Why not Gladiators or Badlands or Dirt Hawgs?!? Their meant for grass, asphalt, and dirt. Just not sand! That's why they came out with the "Sand"paws, right? Ughh... Sandpaws, Sandpaws... Why Sandpaws?!?!?!!!! LOL   Which hobby shop did you go to? Cause if it was Cobblestone, I didn't know they had the Evader Brushless on display. I know they have the EXT2.4, but I haven't seen a BL there.

I once tried that hobby shop in Muskegon. It's called "House of Hobbies". I went in there to buy some bearings that Cobblestone didn't have, and they ripped me off. I couldn't them anywhere else without ordering them online, and I already had all my stuff apart, and my grease was starting to dry out. So I dished out the dough, and haven't been back since.

Last night, dad helped me order this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-HDMI-HD...item2a20a3bd32 It says car DVR, but I hear people are using them on RC Planes. I'm going to mount it on my Radian, with a custom sheet metal mount. I got to fo make it here soon. Then, I made an offer on this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Davis-Spar-F...60848366145%26 I thought $28 was too much, so I offered a bit less. Hope I win. I'm going to use it out in the flying field at the neighbors. He has some 10ft steel thick wall pipes that range from like 1" ID to 1/4" ID. I'm gonna use a collar with a set screw, set one inside a larger one, and use the collar to stop the pipe from sliding down into the larger pipe. Then I'm going to put it in the ground out in the field with the mount and flag on top. The flag should end up, about 16'-17' up in the air, depending on how deep I bury it. I want it to really be stiff, so it might be more like 15'-16'. But that's still pretty high...

Old 07-04-2013, 06:15 AM
dtxandtrx

We went to hobbyworld. That's where I have my job. Like I said, I strongly recommended he but some gladiators but he bought the sand paws and it wasn't to bad considering that his track is about 75% sand. I run sling shots on the back of my slash sometimes when we race. So far nothing has gone bad probably because I set his slipper really loose. That way he won't pull wheelies but his slipper pads are getting worn out quick. So I found the manual for the transmitter and saw how to adjust the throttle curve but he said he doesn't need it because he won't be able to pull wheelies. He likes the wheelies. So I'm just gonna let him break some parts. He the kind of person that if it breaks he will just buy the stock part again and have me fix it for him. I don't mind I like fixing them.

About the camera, I would love to stick one of those on my super cub and get high up. Just let the throttle to and sail down. I LOVE it!

ORIGINAL: DieHarder

Um,... Not sure how to do that, due to the fact that I've never owned one..... Search around online. You should be able to find something... ..... I would think...

SANDPAWS????? What?!?! Sandpaws are for ''SAND''. Not grass. He's gonna put one hell of strain on his drive train. (That rhymes doesn't it...) How could he do Sandpaws?!?! Why Sandpaws?!?!?! Why not Gladiators or Badlands or Dirt Hawgs?!? Their meant for grass, asphalt, and dirt. Just not sand! That's why they came out with the ''Sand''paws, right? Ughh... Sandpaws, Sandpaws... Why Sandpaws?!?!?!!!! LOL Which hobby shop did you go to? Cause if it was Cobblestone, I didn't know they had the Evader Brushless on display. I know they have the EXT2.4, but I haven't seen a BL there.

I once tried that hobby shop in Muskegon. It's called ''House of Hobbies''. I went in there to buy some bearings that Cobblestone didn't have, and they ripped me off. I couldn't them anywhere else without ordering them online, and I already had all my stuff apart, and my grease was starting to dry out. So I dished out the dough, and haven't been back since.

Last night, dad helped me order this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-HDMI-HD...item2a20a3bd32 It says car DVR, but I hear people are using them on RC Planes. I'm going to mount it on my Radian, with a custom sheet metal mount. I got to fo make it here soon. Then, I made an offer on this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Davis-Spar-F...60848366145%26 I thought $28 was too much, so I offered a bit less. Hope I win. I'm going to use it out in the flying field at the neighbors. He has some 10ft steel thick wall pipes that range from like 1'' ID to 1/4'' ID. I'm gonna use a collar with a set screw, set one inside a larger one, and use the collar to stop the pipe from sliding down into the larger pipe. Then I'm going to put it in the ground out in the field with the mount and flag on top. The flag should end up, about 16'-17' up in the air, depending on how deep I bury it. I want it to really be stiff, so it might be more like 15'-16'. But that's still pretty high...

Old 07-05-2013, 01:57 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

you should be able to hook that up to castle link or duratrax's version of castle link and tune it a bit better, and turn down initial punch and suchhh
Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 AM
DieHarder

So................................................ .......................
Old 07-10-2013, 10:21 AM
dtxandtrx

We ended up using the sidewinder sv2 manual and that worked. I'm so surprised that he hasn't broken the thing yet. It seems to be tough as nails!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:50 PM
DieHarder

Yep! That's why they call it the "Bullet-Proof Tranny". I think EXT2Rob should put that to the test. What do ya say Rob?

Old 07-16-2013, 06:51 AM
DieHarder

Thread Freeze!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 PM
DieHarder

I should just keep posting.....
Old 07-19-2013, 04:26 AM
dtxandtrx

Sorry! I've been running my evader and had only one problem for that's week. I had a ball end break and just replaced it. It has now become my race vehicle and is roar legal even though it has a rigged rear end.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:01 AM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep! That's why they call it the "Bullet-Proof Tranny". I think EXT2Rob should put that to the test. What do ya say Rob?

Huh? What's that? Sorry, Ihaven't been following...... So DTX&TXS put a Sidewinder in his Evader? Iassume he put a metal diff in his tranny. And you say you haven't broken anything yet? Cool! How's the motor and ESC temps, and what gearing are you running?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:21 PM
DieHarder

Ugh!!! It's DTXandTRX! Not DTX&TXS. I'm abbreviated at "DH". How about we do Tanner "D&T"? (Hope you don't mind me using your name. If you do, just pm me. Also, just so you guys know, my name is Nate. (Really Nathaniel, but I prefer Nate.) I think everyone knows EXT2Rob is Rob. For him, I think we should call him "ET" Huh? huh?! LOL Just joking. How about, "E2R" ? I think that works right?).
ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

So DTX&TXS put a Sidewinder in his Evader?

Old 07-19-2013, 06:01 PM
dtxandtrx

You guys can pretty much call me whatever as long as it relates somewhat to my thread name or my real name. As for my evader I have a losi brushless. My friend got the brushless evader that has the rebranded sidewinder esc. Maybe that will clear some stuff up. And as for my tranny I have put a rustler Vxl rear end on instead of the evader tranny. You can look at the pictures in my album if you want to know how I did it. As for you that don't know it's really rigged together. But it runs, and it sure as hell is fun!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:10 PM
EXT2Rob

Turn your buddy onto this thread. It'll save him a few headaches. 

My buddy an I had a fun race day today. The weather mellowed out so it was cool enough to want to go out an "race". Had a good day. Only broke a body-mount. Had to keep watering the track to keep the dust down (and traction up), but as soon as the sun went behind the trees, the track surface  was perfect and we got some good door bangin' in before it got too dark.  

Ah....summer.....
Old 07-30-2013, 04:31 AM
dtxandtrx

Sounds like you had some fun. My friend traded away the evader just a couple days ago. Traded it for a revo 3.3. He doesn't keep a truck for get long. A week at most.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:34 PM
DieHarder

Good for you E2R! I had my buddy over last week, and we ran my Evader.... He's pretty hard on it, and I had to tell him to slow it down a bit. He drives it recklessly, and flips it all the time. He's really uh..... what do ya call it,.... persistent, uh, stern, um,.....  pushy.... Urgh! I can't think of it, but you get the point anyway. So at the end of the run, we brought it back, and I picked it up by the front bumper, and it's really loose. I look, and 2 screws are missing, and another one is about to fall out, while the last ones is half way out.... He didn't apologize... That little sucker...... I guess instead of spending $4 on some screws, I'll see if I can't find an alternative screw that's the same threads and similar head....
Old 07-30-2013, 02:42 PM
dtxandtrx

Hahaha, that's why I have my velenion system in my stampede. When somebody asks to drive my truck. I put the stampede in beginner mode and let them tear away. It's pretty durable so I dont have to worry about it breaking.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:25 PM
rclugnut10

Thats always fun... I'm picking up an EXT convered too an SC truck i'm probally going to run the ext tranny in my st and drop a BL diff in it... Keep the SC brushed and have that as a loaner for people...
Old 07-31-2013, 05:59 AM
DieHarder

I have the velenion system in my Evader.... Why didn't I think of that?!?
Old 07-31-2013, 09:36 AM
egbasher

Yup, E2R and I had a blast a couple of days ago.

Learned something new, too. The last time I was up at E2R'S my SubieVader (EXT2 chassis with a WRX body) was squirrelly to the max. You could not accelerate without spinning out. Granted we are driving on a fairly low traction surface but it was so bad I thought my driving skills were eroding until E2R drove it and had the same problem. Anytime you got on the power one wheel would spin like crazy and the car would dart off to one side or the other. Really frustrating.

So I took the diff apart and found it was almost out of grease. I cleaned and repacked it. Not too full - you can stuff enough grease in there to basically lock the diff. That was the ONLY change I made on the car. What a difference. This time the car hooked up great and jetted out of corners like a champ. I was having fun again. By the end of the day (after much practice on my part) I was able to keep ahead of E2R's EXT2 for a lap or two and he has a 4300 kV motor to my 3000. If the track had a longer straight (the longest is about 125 ft.) E2R's would smoke my weaker motor but the way it is now (even when watered) traction is the limiting factor and tends to even out the motor difference. We had a blast and Like Rob said only broke a body mount. Tough little cars.

So the amount of grease in the diff has a huge effect on wheel spin, especially out of corners. Without grease the diff acts like a very open differential and will spin the one tire that is unloaded at will. Pack some grease in there and you can put the power to the ground.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:52 AM
rclugnut10

Sweet deal i'll have to make sure i do that when i get my new tranny, it worked out being basically cheaper to have 2 cars and just keep one brushed than buying parts for 1....
Old 08-01-2013, 05:02 AM
DieHarder

When I put my diff together for the first time, I packed it in there pretty good, assuming those tiny spider gears would take a huge beating. After putting it all together, I thought different. I figured maybe I put too much in, and it's not gonna spin nearly as nice as it did. But I left it, thinking the grease would work it's way to the outside part on the diff, and the spider gears would only take what they needed. That's kinda how it went. Because it was like you say, a locked diff in the corners, and after a while, it was perfect. I haven't needed to add grease to the diff yet, as my diff gaskets have been holding up quite well. I've been wondering, is it best to use actual Trak Power diff fluid, or can you use just regular lithium grease?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:53 AM
egbasher

I'm using Trak Power blue grease. This diff is a plastic version so oil won't work but we found that even in the metal diff the seals let the oil leak out. in fact, I think E2R talked to Duratrax and they recomended grease in both diffs. I think you're right about the spider gears, DH. They seem to wear out faster than any other part in the tranny.

When I put my diff together for the first time, I packed it in there pretty good, assuming those tiny spider gears would take a huge beating. After putting it all together, I thought different. I figured maybe I put too much in, and it's not gonna spin nearly as nice as it did. But I left it, thinking the grease would work it's way to the outside part on the diff, and the spider gears would only take what they needed. That's kinda how it went. Because it was likeyou say, a locked diff in the corners, and after a while, it was perfect. I haven't needed to add grease to the diff yet, as my diff gaskets have been holding up quite well. I've been wondering, is it best to use actual Trak Power diff fluid, or can you use just regular lithium grease?

Old 08-01-2013, 04:42 PM
EXT2Rob

Yeah I think lithium grease would be too light.  TrakPower Gear Grease is what EGB & I use. Lasts a good while and you get better gear wear, trust me. You'll get many more hours of run time between re-greasings. GREAT tranny and diff lube, I love it. 
Old 08-01-2013, 07:11 PM
whitehawk
My Feedback: (3)

Can someone recommed a cheap brushless combo that will fit my EXT. Looking to get a little more pep out of her.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:25 PM
rclugnut10

After adding the brushless evader spec diff and a steel idler gear, i would recommend a finned ez run system or a low kv non finned system.

finned

http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-35a-9t-3650-motor.html

non finned

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-combo-js1.html

name brand system

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDAVL&P=7

i have the orginial SV1 with that same motor and it is a LOT of power, you can detune the system with

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYWV0&P=M

they also have a usb kit for $4 less but that's through your computer only.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.