Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

lithium batteries

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

lithium batteries

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 02:05 PM
REDBULL FRANCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lithium batteries

Hi,

New generation:

[link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VQSeg_h6EBs[/link]

[link]http://www.hadi-rc.de/epages/es125123.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es125123_FAIR/Categories/FAIR_PIon_Akkus[/link]

[link]http://www.batt-energy-shop.de/product_info.php?info=p8_sony-us18650vtc2li-mangan-akku-3-7v-1600mah.html[/link]

I use these batteries without problems ;-)
Old 07-19-2013, 05:11 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The Honeywell ELT that caught fire is not unique to the 787. The key is, why is the 787 so prone to electrical fires?. Could be as simple as an incorrect AC generator speed feeding inverters.....then charging units overheating....just theories.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Chris Smith

David,
Your comments are always of interest. Seems the RCU jet forum attracts more and more adolescents these days. Not much about jets anymore.

Battery safety remains a viable topic.
Ohs noooossss, the horror of a guy who flies jets for a living and has plenty of RC lithium battery experience wondering what a Boeing battery fire has to do with the RC community, who has done a darn good job in pioneering safe lithium battery use and service, we can't have us some of that going on! Everyone go back to nimhs, a lithium battery caught fire in a Boeing! I forgot how fragile egos are in the jet forum, I'll be sure to compensate for that in the future.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:30 PM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: David Gladwin
got the usual retorts from the usual keyboard warriors.
Define "keyboard warriors" ?

rrragman
Old 07-19-2013, 07:07 PM
byrne1157

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I, for one, will not deride the original intent of the initial posting. I believe the intent was to inform, and to remind us of the safety measures, and caution to be taken when using batteries of this type. However, I might add, precautions should be taken with ALL batteries. 
 I use lipos exclusivley for all applications in our wonderful hobby, and will continue to do so. Thank you for the reminders... 
Old 07-20-2013, 02:03 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 sorry if I sounded otherwise.. that was not my intent... where do I get my keyboard and kit?

ORIGINAL: byrne1157

I, for one, will not deride the original intent of the initial posting. I believe the intent was to inform, and to remind us of the safety measures, and caution to be taken when using batteries of this type. However, I might add, precautions should be taken with ALL batteries.
I use lipos exclusivley for all applications in our wonderful hobby, and will continue to do so. Thank you for the reminders...