Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Important Announcement KingTech

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Important Announcement KingTech

Old 07-20-2013, 04:50 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Important Announcement KingTech

Important Announcement KingTech Greece

This is the last announcement as KingTech REP for Greece.
I just received an email from Barry KingTech because of this post i made here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11572436
ORIGINAL: DelGatoGrande

No reason to 'pain' if you couldn't afford the P-180RX .. if something comes close to JetCat that might be AMT and nothing else.

Also KingTech REP... but modeller first

I must not forget to repeat that im sorry im a modeller FIRST and not a retailer.I see friends and not wallets.
The manufactures that agree with this politics of mine have only see there sales rise.

Now if the best advertisement is done by customers themselves then the incident with a brandnew KingTech engine delivered with a loose part inside,
sounding like a coin in a can and leaving the customer with a jaw down to the floor,then the future is doomed and the rep can do nothing to save it.

The only im glad was that i discovered it right away when customer open the box and didnt walk away with the grenade.
The only im not glad was that the discount promised to customer for his next buy so he keep the engine and repair it, NEVER honoured by Burry KingTech .

Ending this announcement i will say that all kingtech Greek owners have agree to be in "monitoring mode" in our airshows
and that no taxing or start is allowed outside the runway.

There is no drought that some brands like Wren and KingTech are the best affordable choices on the safe side out there.
But you like it or not nothing comes close to the manufacturing standards of JetCat and AMT.

KingTech can consider our business terminated from now and i wait my details to be removed from Dealer>Greece.

Wish all the best,

Regards
George Papagiannis

p.s. by the way the performance of a turbine is measured by the thrust.So anyone thinks there engine "feels like a rocket" or something all it takes a weight scale against the wall to tell you the truth...forums
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76814.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1902305  
Old 07-20-2013, 04:59 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Important Announcement KingTech

Funny at Topgun a guy had a jetcat engine right back from service and the first start it caught fire and locked up!!

When he sent the engine in for service it was running fine and after service he got a locked up turbine. No engine is perfect it happens to them all.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Jeremy300
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

p.s. by the way the performance of a turbine is measured by the thrust.So anyone thinks there engine ''feels like a rocket'' or something all it takes a weight scale against the wall to tell you the truth...forums
WRONG!!!!

The performance of any turbine engine regardless of model or full size is measured by TSFC. It's dealers like you who don't know what they are talking about that are going to ruin the manufacturers you represent.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:01 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

I don't know what tsfc is, but I measure a turbines performance by many things.
Thrust is important, but let's face it you can get as much thrust as you want out of any manufacture these days.
For me performance is more about:
Reliability, this means in the airplane. Will the fire keep burning and turbine keep turning.
Customer support, if I do have an issue, will the manufacture be there for me?
Availability, can I actually get the engine in a timely fashion, if sent in for parts can I get it repaired quickly?

I don't care what the thrust is, if an engine has to go back regularly because of problems that is crap performance. I don't care what the warranty is, if it is continually going back for warranty issues that is crap performance. And to some extent, I don't care what the price is, if I can't get one that is crap performance.

I really don't know what amt customer service is like, I have never had to do anything to any amt except put fuel in. I've never had anything but instant response from Barry at kingtech when I did have a kingtech. In fact all the engines I've had have been good. My jetcat is in fact the only engine I've had any problems with. On the rare occasion I was able to actually get a hold of Bob Wilcox, customer service was great. But any other time I've called, and had to deal with anyone else there, I was ready to sell the engine by the time I got off the phone.

Oops, I had some issues with booster engines as well which were eventually rectified but that was a hassle too, however, the booster engines I have run have all run like a freight train.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:05 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

George, you made the mistake of assuming someone bought a Kingtech because they could not "afford" a Jetcat. Just admit your mistake and move along.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:34 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: dubd

George, you made the mistake of assuming someone bought a Kingtech because they could not ''afford'' a Jetcat. Just admit your mistake and move along.

I'll second that ..

It actually would seem that KingTech is one of he more reliable and successful brands around now. I have owned and flown engines from many manufacturers over the years. EVERY one of the has had issues, and most manufacturers were good with support ( except for AMT who were a bunch of clowns as they were on their way out)

I was debating on what engine to use on a pretty special project in the 180 class and ended up going with KingTech. I have yet to run the engine, but this decision was based on a consensus of experiences with the various 170/180 class engines out now. Price had no impact on the choice. I hope it runs as awesome as it has for a lot of the guys I have seen run theirs.

George once again you have stuffed your foot in your mouth here. Making a post like this is misleading. The title alone is fraudulent in making it look like this is something that may actually be coming from KingTech. I would suggest going about looking for attention in other ways If you are really concerned about modelers engines and safety, i would have started a thread in a different way, or let the modeler with the faulty turbine do so. Somehow the story of a loose part does not sound right .. All manufacturers test run their engines and would have picked this up.Also, there is not much that even can even come loose inside a turbine ! maybe you would like to elaborate on that ?

~V~
Old 07-20-2013, 08:02 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the first negative post I have ever seen on Kingtech in these forums. RCU regularly features topics where people praise Kingtech and Barry for his service. Individual experiences may vary but when looking at the totality of preponderance one has to take exception to your post. It sounds like a personal issue to me. I'm sorry George but an old legal phrase applies here, "The degree of proof required depends on the circumstances of the proposition"
Old 07-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Roger Shipley
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only way this guy George Papagiannis can get any traction is if folks keep responding to his unsaleable generalities.So leave him be & he will die on the vine as the saying goes: "It takes at least two to have an argument!"Roger
Old 07-20-2013, 08:43 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1
Old 07-20-2013, 08:59 AM
ash 26

ORIGINAL: Roger Shipley

The only way this guy George Papagiannis can get any traction is if folks keep responding to his unsaleable generalities.So leave him be & he will die on the vine as the saying goes: ''It takes at least two to have an argument!''Roger
You hit the nail on the head that guy gives me a pain [:@]
Old 07-20-2013, 09:37 AM
DelGatoGrande

No there is nothing personal with Barry ,we always had strictly business emails between us Andy.
Regarding the "proof required" my emails with all manufactures that i do or did business are confidential and not to be brought in public.

LGM..im never owned an AMT but what you say is what i see...fueling only !

dubd yes i must admit my mistake..not all people have the knowledge of a REP .

Wojtek you are mistaken this post did came from the officially authorised KingTech Turbines Greece...till the time of the post.
About the part there is nothing more you need to know unless Kingtech twist my arm....but it looks they wont so start thinking that i might know what im talking about,

All you need to know is that KingTech USA has a great service and takes care of there customers.
I just couldn't pass on the same service promised to a disappointed customer here.

To the rest of guys with the "cool" posts ....knock your self out posting!
I promise i will try my best to let u upset me ...but its been years i stoped caring for this kind of posts lol

Old 07-20-2013, 11:47 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That post looks OK to me.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:29 PM
FenderBean

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

I dont care what product you buy, nothing man made can ever be 100% perfect 100% of the time. Sometimes no matter how good things are stuff just slips through the cracks and in my opinion its how the company deals with it once the issue is found that makes the real difference.
Kingtech turbines are good machines and to say they dont stand up to others in quality is just down right not true!
Old 07-20-2013, 12:40 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Jeez, and here I thought the announcement was atually from Kingtech?

PaulD
Old 07-20-2013, 12:55 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: PaulD

Jeez, and here I thought the announcement was atually from Kingtech?

PaulD
+1
Old 07-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Aerotrimwingbagz

I am really getting pissed off with hearing about these model company witch hunts and public floggings ! this forum is for the enjoyment of our hobby and to connect people with a mutual interest  and not a slagging pit 

I can guarentee that every company that supplys products for our hobby does Not have a perfect track record ,no matter how much you spend ! 

What makes a good business is the ones that listen and care for there customers ! 

Kingtech turbines are just as good as any other turbine available on the market and i consider it to be a first class product  

My 180g has runs like a swiss watch since the day it came out of box ! And also my friends kingtechs have too ! 

Keep up the good work kingtech ! 

Rant over ! 
Old 07-20-2013, 04:25 PM
invertmast

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

No there is nothing personal with Barry ,we always had strictly business emails between us Andy.
Regarding the ''proof required'' my emails with all manufactures that i do or did business are confidential and not to be brought in public.

LGM..im never owned an AMT but what you say is what i see...fueling only !

dubd yes i must admit my mistake..not all people have the knowledge of a REP .

Wojtek you are mistaken this post did came from the officially authorised KingTech Turbines Greece...till the time of the post.
About the part there is nothing more you need to know unless Kingtech twist my arm....but it looks they wont so start thinking that i might know what im talking about,

All you need to know is that KingTech USA has a great service and takes care of there customers.
I just couldn't pass on the same service promised to a disappointed customer here.

To the rest of guys with the ''cool'' posts ....knock your self out posting!
I promise i will try my best to let u upset me ...but its been years i stoped caring for this kind of posts lol

Sounds like a personal problem that YOU couldn't fulfill the service promised to Your customer as a Rep. IF that is the case, how is this a kingtech problem and not a DelgatoGrande problem? If Kingtech Greece couldn't fulfill the promise to the customer through you, I still don't see how this involves the parent company kingtech..

This entire thread just seems like a scream for attention... If your not going to be a Rep anymore in Greece, good for you.. why should the rest of the (non-greece) world need to know this..

Old 07-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Downwind3Zero
My Feedback: (10)

So what is "monitoring" mode?
Old 07-20-2013, 07:20 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

ORIGINAL: wojtek

ORIGINAL: dubd

George, you made the mistake of assuming someone bought a Kingtech because they could not ''afford'' a Jetcat. Just admit your mistake and move along.

I'll second that ..

It actually would seem that KingTech is one of he more reliable and successful brands around now. I have owned and flown engines from many manufacturers over the years. EVERY one of the has had issues, and most manufacturers were good with support ( except for AMT who were a bunch of clowns as they were on their way out)

I was debating on what engine to use on a pretty special project in the 180 class and ended up going with KingTech. I have yet to run the engine, but this decision was based on a consensus of experiences with the various 170/180 class engines out now. Price had no impact on the choice. I hope it runs as awesome as it has for a lot of the guys I have seen run theirs.

George once again you have stuffed your foot in your mouth here. Making a post like this is misleading. The title alone is fraudulent in making it look like this is something that may actually be coming from KingTech. I would suggest going about looking for attention in other ways If you are really concerned about modelers engines and safety, i would have started a thread in a different way, or let the modeler with the faulty turbine do so. Somehow the story of a loose part does not sound right .. All manufacturers test run their engines and would have picked this up.Also, there is not much that even can even come loose inside a turbine ! maybe you would like to elaborate on that ?

~V~
Voy, just to clarify, you are talking about amtusa or us microjets right? AMT Netherlands are anything but clowns and far from on their way out nor did they have the issues the USA version had.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:24 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Important Announcement KingTech Greece

This is the last announcement as KingTech REP for Greece.
I just received an email from Barry KingTech because of this post i made here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11572436

No reason to 'pain' if you couldn't afford the P-180RX .. if something comes close to JetCat that might be AMT and nothing else.

Also KingTech REP... but modeller first

I must not forget to repeat that im sorry im a modeller FIRST and not a retailer.I see friends and not wallets.
The manufactures that agree with this politics of mine have only see there sales rise.

Now if the best advertisement is done by customers themselves then the incident with a brandnew KingTech engine delivered with a loose part inside,
sounding like a coin in a can and leaving the customer with a jaw down to the floor,then the future is doomed and the rep can do nothing to save it.

The only im glad was that i discovered it right away when customer open the box and didnt walk away with the grenade.
The only im not glad was that the discount promised to customer for his next buy so he keep the engine and repair it, NEVER honoured by Burry KingTech .

Ending this announcement i will say that all kingtech Greek owners have agree to be in ''monitoring mode'' in our airshows
and that no taxing or start is allowed outside the runway.

There is no drought that some brands like Wren and KingTech are the best affordable choices on the safe side out there.
But you like it or not nothing comes close to the manufacturing standards of JetCat and AMT.

KingTech can consider our business terminated from now and i wait my details to be removed from Dealer>Greece.

Wish all the best,

Regards
George Papagiannis

p.s. by the way the performance of a turbine is measured by the thrust.So anyone thinks there engine ''feels like a rocket'' or something all it takes a weight scale against the wall to tell you the truth...forums
George, I have no problem with our dealers or reps to praise or compliment other respectable brands of turbines, but I think in doing so, at our expense, is kinda crossing the line.

Regarding your customer receiving a "grenade", mind you George, you have not sold a single one since I've been on board, nor do I have email from you complaining about such an engine, or any engine for that matter, ever since our first email dated March 22, 2011. Furthermore, all the emails from you were all about how you wanted exclusivity for Greece, and all about how you disparage another Greece dealer also assigned to us by the factory, who is doing really well by the way (last order of 4 engines just this past month), and about some price break that subsequently verified by Wenfu that you lied about.

Look George, I choose to be reserved, let's stay civil and go separate ways. I am glad your wish concurs my cordial email to terminate your dealership. Your information will be removed.

Regards,
Barry

ps. sorry to air dirty laundry, but had to be done.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:31 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I read your post and have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:53 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Bravo Barry,that was 100% answer.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:57 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

My comment was towards OP not barry.
ORIGINAL: essyou35

I read your post and have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:14 AM
DelGatoGrande

ORIGINAL:
George, I have no problem with our dealers or reps to praise or compliment other respectable brands of turbines, but I think in doing so, at our expense, is kinda crossing the line.

Regarding your customer receiving a ''grenade'', mind you George, you have not sold a single one since I've been on board, nor do I have email from you complaining about such an engine, or any engine for that matter, ever since our first email dated March 22, 2011. Furthermore, all the emails from you were all about how you wanted exclusivity for Greece, and all about how you disparage another Greece dealer also assigned to us by the factory, who is doing really well by the way (last order of 4 engines just this past month), and about some price break that subsequently verified by Wenfu that you lied about.

Look George, I choose to be reserved, let's stay civil and go separate ways. I am glad your wish concurs my cordial email to terminate your dealership. Your information will be removed.

Regards,
Barry

You need to watch your words if you like to stay civil. Calling me lier it is not smart. Explain the "price break" you are talking about to clear this.
If you are referring to the fact KingTech was sending me final quotes in € for customers without the €/$ rating to agree,meaning that someone could pay in $ the same product from a US shop 400$less,
and this is not a price break then i dont know what is.

Regarding the incidence allow me to refresh your memory.
You have been informed for my sales performance for years '08 '09 '10 '11 .All sales stopped on '11 after this incidence been discussed between modellers everywhere .
And the discussion was some of the words of V above "if they test run their engines they should have picked this up and not risk our safety"

After reporting the "grenade" to KingTech the DEAL was a VERY big generous specific discount (email 22/12/11) on customers next engine so he keeps the faulty one after repair.

When the time came customer to look for another engine and for KingTech to honour the deal YOUR reply was "is not going to happen" (email 10/4/12)
Now who lied?Let me know if you like me to forward them to you.

The only had the right to called me lier was customer and this was until i shown him your emails proving it was not not me who lied.
This was not nice.

As i sed i would never worked with KingTech, way before you came on board if i wasn't convinced for the quality of the products ,standing up for KingTech since day one.

At the end of the day my personal opinion and experience can not be change or patronised by any manufacture i represent .Because this is not what i do for leaving maybe.
I will write it or say it when ever and where ever i like and be sure i can support my sayings.`
Nothing comes close to JetCat manufacturing standards.

Ending this i agree we are heading in separate ways and its pointless we keep on that

Regards
George

Old 07-21-2013, 01:22 AM
DelGatoGrande

ORIGINAL: invertmast

Sounds like a personal problem that YOU couldn't fulfill the service promised to Your customer as a Rep. ..
I will make an exception last post as a respect to the building skills of Thomas

I repeat this is nothing personal.How it could? I have never meet with Barry and we had only business emails between us.I made this clear.
I also made clear that the specific "service" on that issue is been promised/agreed by KingTech to customer thru me. And not promised FROM me.

This is about a manufacture didnt agree with a statement i made to another post and want me out.No problem but that won't change my opinion.End of

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.