Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Anyone Using Tactic ttx650 with Glow Engine Planes?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Anyone Using Tactic ttx650 with Glow Engine Planes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 03:10 PM
fix-n-fly
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Using Tactic ttx650 with Glow Engine Planes?

I'd be interested to know if anyone has experience with using the Tactic ttx650 with glow powered planes (.40 to .60 size). I've searched on the web, but no one that I have found has said outright that they have had good success using this radio with glow powered planes. I am looking for a first computer radio which could be fairly easy to program and from what I have seen this radio seems it could be.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:42 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Using Tactic ttx650 with Glow Engine Planes?

ORIGINAL: fix-n-fly

I'd be interested to know if anyone has experience with using the Tactic ttx650 with glow powered planes (.40 to .60 size). I've searched on the web, but no one that I have found has said outright that they have had good success using this radio with glow powered planes. I am looking for a first computer radio which could be fairly easy to program and from what I have seen this radio seems it could be.
I don't think the Tx cares what motor powers the aircraft.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:59 PM
pilotpete2

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

I don't think the Tx cares what motor powers the aircraft.
+1![8D]
Old 07-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently purchased 2 of them. Hobbico/Tower/Great "Pains" or whomever they are for the day, were giving 2 free receivers with each Transmitter purchased. I also purchased 2 extra receivers. I now have 2 transmitters and 6 receivers. I have only used onr Tmtr. one day as a buddy cord (no cord -it's cordless) for a friend getting back into toy airplanes. He has the 600. Everything went very well, as he did most of the programing. He had studied it as I had not but am trying to catch up. [:-]

The June 2013 Flying Models magazine has a glowing report on the 650. According to them, it walks on water. I will be using mine in a couple new airplanes on the boards. They are easy to hold, and are very light. I have a lot of various servos from light to heavy, and plenty of different switch harnesses. I do NOT do electrics but small glow/gas up to 55CC.
Actually I think it is about time that an inexpensive radio came on scene with adequate programs for normal flying and is not just another Futaba - JR Race for status I don't need status as any 6 channel 72 MHZ satisfies my need for 4 control channels, retracts and flaps. Mostly just 4 channels does the tricks for sport machines and old-time warbirds.

So, fix-n-fly, I know I did not answer your specific question. OTOH there is a little info. Snag a Flying Models magazine at your local hobby shop and take some pictures with your I-pod. Go home and read it over. Go from there.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:55 AM
sawdust
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fly glow 40 and 60 size planes with my Tactic 650. I also use the Tactic 650 in my electric planes.

There is no difference between glow and electric.

I used to fly on the HAM frequency. Now I am converting all of my planes to Tactic. So far I have 12 Tactic receivers. At 3 receivers for $50.00 the receivers cost savings has been significant.

The 650 has proven to be rock solid. It has a well thought out programming menu. I train new pilots and the wireless trainer system is great.

Hope this reply helps. Todd
Old 07-22-2013, 07:46 AM
fix-n-fly
My Feedback: (1)

All - thanks for the replies. The main thing I was concerned with was if this radio was just for ultra micros and park fliers. I think I see one in my immediate future.