Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Using Frsky 2.4 module in a Turnigy 9X

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Warjet
My Feedback: (327)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Frsky 2.4 module in a Turnigy 9X

Getting back into RC after 10 years off, still have my Futaba 9Z and 8U working great, but am slowly moving into 2.4. I bought an 8U with an internal Corona 2.4 module and 3 rx's, an 8U with Frsky DFT and 2 rx's, and just got a Turnigy 9X v2 with 6 rx's. I have been reading about using a Frsky module in the 9X to get telemetry and better range/reliability. Question: is that swap really worthwhile? If so, which Frsky "DXX" module do I get?
Old 07-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Using Frsky 2.4 module in a Turnigy 9X

Warjet,

I don't own a Turnigy or a Frsky, but a guy in my club does. He has both the older Turnigy 9 and the newer, nicer looking one. He uses Frsky only. He said he went to the Frsky site and ordered what they recommended. He is a elec-tech in the area here and he has checked Frsky out and fully believes in it. He modded his older one the add much if the stuff the new one has.

I already have so many JR, Spektrum, Orange and Lemon RXs that I am not in a position to change just like I was late to 2.4 since I had so many JR PCM RXs I couldn't just dump.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 PM
the pope

The turnigy TX requires the jr module from frsky . Very highly recommended system . Im trying to sell all my spectrum RXs so I can go all frsky in my jr 10 x . Going to use the spek modual in a turnigy 9x with some slope soarers with orange and lemon receivers ( sounds a bit fruity but W.T.H.) . Cheers the pope
Old 07-22-2013, 03:54 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

love their prices[8D]
Old 07-30-2013, 04:59 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I received a Fr-sky TARANIS last week. Its a bit overwhelming at first but fairly easy once you get into it. They need to generate an operators manual. Its comparable but easier than the Multiplex Evo. It also has telemetry and voice alarms that the Evo dont.
I compared it to the $3000 futaba and the only thing it dont have is the color screen and a camera. And again it has voice prompts that the Futaba dont have.
The price? $175 if you can find one. The distributor has a waiting list that you can join
And BTW it has a place to plug in a JR module so you dont have to throw away your JR receivers.
Check Aloft Hobbies
Old 08-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Ron Kay
My Feedback: (3)

Re. Aloft Hobbies, be careful dealing with these people! I purchased several FrSky modules from them, had a problem, sent them back for service per their request and that was the last time I saw my equipment! Have tried contacting them and have never heard back! They still have my equipment! Contacted FrSky and was told they will not get involved with this situation! No Customer Support and NO EQUIPMENT! Deal with know honorable dealers! From this experience I've decided to stay with the major brands Hitec and JR from Horizon or Tower and pay the premium. At least I know I'll get quality service and support...
Old 10-24-2013, 08:18 PM
byrne1157

It's not the equipment's fault. It is all about the dealer....A lot of dealers have the Taranis on their websites, but no stock...yet...
Old 10-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Ron Kay
My Feedback: (3)

Byrne1157,

The issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

Regards,
Ron
Old 11-01-2013, 06:16 PM
danilo-2
My Feedback: (1)

Great! I was surprised by your story, as I've found Aloft to be perfectly fine to deal with.
Happily your issue was sorted.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:32 AM
dghjtyjian

I don't own a Turnigy or a Frsky,
Old 12-11-2013, 10:40 AM
byrne1157

I finally got my Taranis Transmitter!! Very possible that I will not buy another radio...
Old 03-13-2014, 01:33 AM
bigbuster
My Feedback: (12)

I was notified by aloft that I was up to purchase yesterday and I promptly sent them the money through the link I was sent.
can't wait. I have purchased a couple of receivers and modules from aloft an am satisfied with the service, so much so that I had a chance to purchase my radio from another source but wanted to do business with aloft. Can't wait to get her in my hands.

jeff