Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Flybarless Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Before building T-REX 700

Community
Search
Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

Before building T-REX 700

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 05:57 AM
SamAlattar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before building T-REX 700

Hi,

I have an Align T-REX 700 3G kit (Nitro) which I purchased a couple of years ago and didn’t build yet , now , I consider to build it and have some questions if anyone can help :

• the kit includes the “old” 3G Flybarless system ( the one with the separated sensor ) , is there a big difference in performance between this system and the new 3GX system ?
  • I’m flying for some time now (with my T-REX 250 SE) , do I expect the T-REX 700 3G to be easier and more stable , is it better to try T-REX 500 for example before building the 700 3G (according to my Phoenix simulator T-REX 700 seems more difficult to fly than T-REX 500 and 600 ) but I heard that the bigger the model the more stable and easy it is to fly ! Any opinion will be appreciated
  • I had purchased the O.S. Nitro engine with the kit , but I think O.S. Recently made a gas engine which may fit T-REX 700 , I prefer gas , as it is not easy to get nitro fuel in my area , is the fuel take included in the kit suitable for gas fuel ? Any things to consider if I switch to gas engine ??
  • Finally I want to ask is it ok to use the grease and thread lock included in the kit if it looks ok and not dry (it’s maybe 3 years since the purchase of the kit) or I consider to order new thread lock , bearing retainer , etc ??[/list]

Any suggestion and information will be appreciated

Thanks a lot ,

Old 08-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Solman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally I want to ask is it ok to use the grease and thread lock included in the kit if it looks ok and not dry (it’s maybe 3 years since the purchase of the kit) or I consider to order new thread lock , bearing retainer , etc ??
I have never heard of it going bad, if it looks good, then I don't see an issue.

• the kit includes the “old” 3G Flybarless system ( the one with the separated sensor ) , is there a big difference in performance between this system and the new 3GX system ?
I am not a fan of the 3G, but if I had to choose, I would definitely go with the 3GX. Never used the old 3G, but I do remember someone that had one and said the tail gyro sucked. If you fly soft, probably won't notice much of a difference.

• I’m flying for some time now (with my T-REX 250 SE) , do I expect the T-REX 700 3G to be easier and more stable , is it better to try T-REX 500 for example before building the 700 3G (according to my Phoenix simulator T-REX 700 seems more difficult to fly than T-REX 500 and 600 ) but I heard that the bigger the model the more stable and easy it is to fly ! Any opinion will be appreciated
It is very stable and easy to fly. The hardest thing is getting used to the size change. I went from the 450 to the 600 and was intimidated by the size for a while. Once I got used to it, flying it was great. Expect crash costs to easily be in the $300 range for a 700 size heli.

Last edited by Solman; 08-13-2013 at 10:33 PM.