Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Stable flying 38-40" electric

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Stable flying 38-40" electric

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Laurence-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stable flying 38-40" electric

Any suggestions as to what would be a stable flying 38-40" electric. I am not into a lot of aerobatics.
Laurence
Old 07-22-2013, 04:50 PM
thebest_102
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Stable flying 38-40

You would really need to refine the parameters a bit. Wood or foam? What type of plane trainer or low wing or out of scale warbird?
Old 07-23-2013, 03:02 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Laurence-RCU

Any suggestions as to what would be a stable flying 38-40'' electric. I am not into a lot of aerobatics.
Laurence
how about letting us know what your experience level is? That would greatly help us help you out.

CGr
Old 07-23-2013, 03:23 AM
mike109

G'day

My suggestion is a bit bigger (62 inches) than you asked for but it is an excellent little model. It is the Phoenix Rainbow. It is a high wing but with only minimal dihedral. It is also a pretty little model and surprisingly tough.

I have had two and my current one carries a small camera mounted on the landing gear. My original one crashed on its first flight when I forgot to pull the antenna up on my 36 Meg radio. I walked to the crash site expecting to find confetti but the only damage was a broken prop, some minimal damage to the cowl and one broken wing rib. The canopy had disintegrated so I made up a simple one with straight balsa sticks and flat clear sheet. She went straight in and was hardly damaged. I was impressed. This model is still flying with a friend some 5 years later.

My original had an E-Flite 25 size motor which was more than it needed and I flew it on a 3700mAh battery. My current one has a Scorpion motor (sorry not sure which one) and a 3000 mAh battery and will fly for about 20 minutes on part throttle.

It is also sold as a Graupner Kadet I believe.

Cheers

Mike in Oz

Old 07-23-2013, 10:38 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

The GWS Slow Stick and the Great Planes FlyLite are two ARFs that come to mind. The Slow Stick is a wonderfully versatile plane that can be flown indoors or outdoors with equal success. The variety of setups and modifications available for this plane are almost limitless.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Laurence-RCU

My experience level is intermediate....at the low end of that.
Wood model (ARF) but not a trainer. Low or mid wing tail dragger.
Thanks for the replies.
Laurence
Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 PM
thebest_102
My Feedback: (6)

There is a 48" wood supersportster that is a good model and there is 2 diferent pulse series aircraft that are pretty small but good. Pulse 25e and the mini pulse. All are stable sport planes and good solid airframes.