Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Latest greatest RCU

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 02:52 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Latest greatest RCU

So somewhere I read that RCU is doing an upgrade today. Can't find anything that stats that anymore!

But now with the great new RCU when I post reply I can edit once, then the edit option is gone. Or if I refresh the edit option disappears. Is this the great new upgrade we have been hearing about?

Anyways it was fine before, isn't the saying "if it ant broken, don't fix it"!

TB
Old 07-22-2013, 02:55 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Latest greatest RCU

No. We get a completely different fourm system hopefully.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:07 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Pretty sure that's just an Admin Panel change,, many sites have a time limit on edits,,,,1,2,3, 4 edits?? 1 edit after I hit refresh too

p.s.
I'm not holding my breath for the great "upgrade" we've been promised every time the site tanks,, jus sayin
Old 07-22-2013, 03:20 PM
scale only 4 me

10 minutes later,, no edit,, so sad??

Why the change Admins?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:01 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a perfect example of the instant mindset of people now-a-days. Give them a little time why don't we. I mean to me them working on this site without shutting it down would be like reglazing an ice rink while ten hockey teams held practice. And the players don't think they should hit a rough spot in the ice. Come on!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Live Wire

I'm not going to sweat it. If people read the post is said there would be times when it would work and time it will not even open starting Monday and for the next few day's they would be working on the site. Which Monday working great for me for a change
Old 07-22-2013, 05:30 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is supposed to happen this evening.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:53 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DavidAgar

Old 07-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

Why the change Admins?
Agreed, I usually type, post and then see a few typos that I edit to correct.. Now you barely have time to do that.. Makes me look dumber than I am oridinarilally
Old 07-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Live Wire

I had better not
Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 PM
perreback

Come on - you know you want to...
Old 07-23-2013, 01:50 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: Live Wire

I had better not
LOL.. go ahead.. make my day..

Old 07-23-2013, 04:05 AM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: DavidAgar

it's 1-1-2000 all over again
Old 07-23-2013, 06:33 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes, we do have a little bit of egg on our face as we missed the date for migrating RCU to vBulletin. This was supposed to happen yesterday (Monday). Trust me, everything has been done in order to get ready. We set up a beta test site that was first tested by our Moderators and Administrators who spent a lot of time trying to find all the bugs in the system, and trust me we found and corrected a lot of bugs. Then we opened the site up to our users to also go in and test the system. At pretty much the last chance an error was reported to us that was serious enough that our tech people thought it would be best to delay the upgrade if they could not correct the error in time. They didn't get the error corrected in time so the migration was postponed. 

Because of the sheer size of RCU any migration like this is a serious matter. IB has over 500 online communities that it owns and has been doing migrations like this for years. However, RCU is one of the largest sites they have purchased and the amount of data in our all of our postings has the tech people checking things many times to make sure that this migration is done correctly. Personally I am glad that they are taking the extra time to make sure everything is done correctly.

Right now they are looking at when we can re-start the migration process. There has been talk about maybe starting it on Wednesday or Thursday but that goes against one of the rules that IB likes to follow when doing this, and that is never upgrade right before the weekend. They prefer to upgrade early in the week so that they have programmers on staff during the week that can handle any issues that come up. By doing this right before the weekend we could well have a situation where we have errors to fix and there are no programmers on hand to take care of until after the weekend is over. So that's where we are at now.

I will keep everybody informed of when we plan to do this. I thank everybody for their being understanding of our growing pains. I can tell you that the end result of this is going to be a better RCU for everybody to use. I just ask that you continue to bear with us as we make this move.

Ken
Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 PM
oliveDrab

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Why the change Admins?
Agreed, I usually type, post and then see a few typos that I edit to correct.. Now you barely have time to do that.. Makes me look dumber than I am oridinarilally
I believe it's "ordinarily". lol
Old 07-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: oliveDrab

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Why the change Admins?
I believe it's "ordinarily". lol
Yes you are correct.. . that was an intentional "typo" in context with my comment..

Old 07-24-2013, 03:37 AM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: acerc

What a perfect example of the instant mindset of people now-a-days. Give them a little time why don't we. I mean to me them working on this site without shutting it down would be like reglazing an ice rink while ten hockey teams held practice. And the players don't think they should hit a rough spot in the ice. Come on!!!
I think anyone who's still posting on RCU has been giving it plenty of time, the problems have been going on for years, this great upgrade was first hinted at and promised almost 2 years ago.

Still curious why the edit options have been changed though, they must want to freeze the data in preparation for the switchover
Old 07-24-2013, 06:40 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I think anyone who's still posting on RCU has been giving it plenty of time, the problems have been going on for years, this great upgrade was first hinted at and promised almost 2 years ago.

Still curious why the edit options have been changed though, they must want to freeze the data in preparation for the switchover
I read and thought that Ken just provided a very informative and clear message about the change and the status of it and you revert to this?

Over on the other site where you also live you wouldn't get an intelligent answer like this from Admin Deluxe, you would get something like, I will pass this along to our techs, thank you.
Why don't you save your negativity or better still, do something constructive like, questioning the Admin Ego Deluxe about the rampant hypocricy and inconsistencies that comes from the poor moderation that is a real problem...over on that other site where you run your mouth constantly. Blah blah blah blah blaaaah,,, give it a break man Jeez..
Old 07-24-2013, 06:50 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lets keep it civil, Gentlemen
opinions are welcome, but the differences between 'the other forum' and RCUniverse is obvious.
let's keep it that way.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:54 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Recognized, acknowledged, appreciated, and respected. I got the point, pun intended.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:12 AM
topspin

I am looking forward to the changes, that is really going to transform this site.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:45 AM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: TheEdge

I read and thought that Ken just provided a very informative and clear message about the change and the status of it and you revert to this?

Over on the other site where you also live you wouldn't get an intelligent answer like this from Admin Deluxe, you would get something like, I will pass this along to our techs, thank you.
Why don't you save your negativity or better still, do something constructive like, questioning the Admin Ego Deluxe about the rampant hypocricy and inconsistencies that comes from the poor moderation that is a real problem...over on that other site where you run your mouth constantly. Blah blah blah blah blaaaah,,, give it a break man Jeez..
Well if disagreeing with the assertion people haven't been patient here is negative in your mind so be it,,, also if you disagree with something I post on a different site,, why not just address it there on a case by case bassis??

Personally I don't have a problem with the moderation on any of the sites I frequent, I too respect their decisions even in cases where I disagree, so I have no need to contact anyone, not sure what Admin you're refering to either.

Good luck

Old 07-24-2013, 08:50 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Your only fooling yourself dude.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:54 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

"Dude"?
Old 07-25-2013, 07:40 AM
topspin

ORIGINAL: JollyPopper

''Dude''?

Ha, it's Dood...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.