Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Old 07-22-2013, 12:42 PM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

Cool stuff mnem, I really want the digital pitch gauge and will use it for more than just choppers. I bet it would work very well as an incidence meter provided I can attach it to my Robart unit.

For a little more OT:
Ya'll please check out these videos and comment. Both Hugh and I had a great time at the field, but did not get any video of my Gaui 425 stretched to 550. It flew great, but I was VERY NERVOUS.
THAT was awesome!

I reckon that the "Theory of unintended consequences" worked for you guys ending up at a club!

Looks like a great group of guys!!!

Comments on YT and thanx for sharing!

b
Old 07-22-2013, 01:17 PM
mnemennth

ORIGINAL: rikybob

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

Cool stuff mnem, I really want the digital pitch gauge and will use it for more than just choppers. I bet it would work very well as an incidence meter provided I can attach it to my Robart unit.

For a little more OT:
Ya'll please check out these videos and comment. Both Hugh and I had a great time at the field, but did not get any video of my Gaui 425 stretched to 550. It flew great, but I was VERY NERVOUS.
THAT was awesome!

I reckon that the "Theory of unintended consequences" worked for you guys ending up at a club!

Looks like a great group of guys!!!

Comments on YT and thanx for sharing!

b
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgR8H5Votfc[/youtube]

One of my favorite memories from the Northern Exposure reality; I wish it were a bit easier to find such sensible folk in this world.

mnem
"Maybe."
Old 07-22-2013, 04:35 PM
ingleburn

Took the HK Pro out yesterday and noticed the dampers were shot. Great chance to put the KBBD dampers on and see how they go.
Got home and do you think I could find them. Looked everywhere and no luck. Looks like I must have thrown them out with the box that all the other stuff came in.
Put a new frame on the BL and charged all my batteries for a great day out with the Tarot, GT and BL and now the wind is blowing a gale.
Trying to put a possitive on the day I decided to bite the bullet and order a 500. ********** things are out of stock.
Think I might just go back to bed.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:27 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Took the HK Pro out yesterday and noticed the dampers were shot. Great chance to put the KBBD dampers on and see how they go.
Got home and do you think I could find them. Looked everywhere and no luck. Looks like I must have thrown them out with the box that all the other stuff came in.[img][/img]
Put a new frame on the BL and charged all my batteries for a great day out with the Tarot, GT and BL and now the wind is blowing a gale.
Trying to put a possitive on the day I decided to bite the bullet and order a 500.[img][/img] ********** things are out of stock.
Think I might just go back to bed.

On a related note, I just did a flip!

I flipped out that you committed to a 500!!![8D]

Come on, order it and it'll get here when it gets here!

b
Old 07-22-2013, 07:33 PM
ahamay

My mobius just turned.... sweet. Ordered last tuesday so a week today. Pretty quick delivery. They also included the av/out cables as a gift that I did not order so that was nice. Hopefully get a chance to test it over the next few days.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:35 PM
mnemennth

Aww,man. All I got was the stoopid car charger; like I don't already have them out the wazoo.

mnem
Poit!

Old 07-22-2013, 10:58 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ahamay
My mobius just turned.... sweet. Ordered last tuesday so a week today. Pretty quick delivery. They also included the av/out cables as a gift that I did not order so that was nice. Hopefully get a chance to test it over the next few days.
hehehhe.... ok first test with mobius as dash cam = FAIL Forgot to take the #^&$ing lens cap off.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:13 PM
mnemennth

Well... maybe not such a bad thing I lost my lens cap like 5 minutes after opening the package...

mnem
A-WEEE-Some!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:04 AM
Kozzy_98

here is my solution for dampers since I am such a cheap@$$!!

I bought some DuBro large blue silicon fuel tubing and I am using it in the beast. Better dampers than the HK ones, cheaper than KBDD. Fit great, plus its an inexhaustible supply
Old 07-23-2013, 01:15 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

here is my solution for dampers since I am such a cheap@$$!!

I bought some DuBro large blue silicon fuel tubing and I am using it in the beast. Better dampers than the HK ones, cheaper than KBDD. Fit great, plus its an inexhaustible supply
GREAT idea. I have a whole roll sitting on the shelf that Iwould probably never use. Keep us informed on how that works.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:43 PM
ingleburn

@ Jonesy. Hehehe Dont feel to bad, I left it on the first time as well. Thats why it has a wire hanging off it now. I would throw it away but the lens is a lot bigger than the #16 and dont want it scratched.

@ mnemennth. Ill swap you the cables for the charger. My TV plays the files straight off the camera and Im not planning on doing FPV any time soon.

@ Kozzy. The dampers on the DFC head are a lot harder than the normal ones so the tube would be to soft. Turned out they were fine anyway, the FS screws had backed out a bit.

@ Brian. Dont flip out just yet. In 2 weeks time when they come in I might have changed my mind again. Thats why I didnt order and wait.

Hoping the wind stays away so I can use the 15 charged batteriesthat are lying around.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:26 PM
mnemennth

Kozzy - I've been using 5/32" silicone fuel line to make the bushings on my 450s for years... nice thing is, you can adjust the firmness by shaving a few thousandths more or less when you're cutting 'em. Just make sure they're both the same length so you don't throw the head off-center, and when you're done, make sure you haven't made them so stiff the bearings get "crunchy". I know it SOUNDS terribly imprecise; but once you get a few pairs cut, it's easy to judge.

Ingleburn - I BOUGHT the AVcables for mine; that's why I was bemoaning the fact I might have got 'em for free like you. If we traded, I think we'd both spend more on shipping than either of us could buy what we wanted on eBay; and I'd have 2 cables & you'd have none. The car charger is just a ordinary cigarette-lighter USBport thing; nuthin' special. You'll want the AV out when you decide you don't like the focus on the silly thing...

Brian - You come over HEREand say that!

mnem
He would, too.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 PM
ahamay

OMFG - Am I reading this right ?

Hello, We’re excited to announce that RCU’s forum software is being upgraded. Next week, the forum will be migrated from the current platform to a full vBulletin forum. This is the most popular forum software in the world, and will allow members, moderators and administrators a whole new level of interaction, will make the forums more robust and easy to maintain, and make many of the most basic changes much easier to implement. While in the long term we expect this to be a relatively easy and positive move, in the short term there will of course be some bumps. There may be a few bugs, and there will certainly be a period of adjustment for members who have enjoyed the current look and feel of RCU for so many years. We’ll do our best to make the transition as smooth as possible. The mod team has already spent weeks looking for bugs. Our tech team will monitor the Feedback threads for any new bugs reported. And you will have the opportunity to take a look at the new layout and features before they go live. We’ve put together this [Read me first FAQ] that you can use as a resource for any questions you have once you’ve seen the new forum layout. ***Please refer to this first, before posting any questions, comments or bugs.*** Keep in mind that this forum is completely separate from the live RCU site, so ***any changes you make here will not be saved on the live site.*** You can log in, make test posts, adjust your profile, and get used to where various buttons and features reside. We’ve made every effort to duplicate the layout and functionality of the existing site, but inevitably there will be changes. This is your opportunity to see those changes before they go live. If you discover any bugginess, please [report it here in this tech thread].
LIVEBETA FORUM[/b]http://vbulletin.rcuniverse.com/forum.php[/b][/b]After a few days of availability, this test forum will be closed, and the site will go into read-only mode for approximately 24 hours. We anticipate this will happen early next week, maybe Sunday/Monday 7/21-22. After that, the forum software will be switched over, and we can all enjoy the features and clean layout of the new vBulletin forum. We hope you like it! Thank you, -The RCU Team
Old 07-23-2013, 10:38 PM
ingleburn

And not before time I think. Had a quick look at the test forum and like it.

Went out today to test the GT now it has a new ESC. Went like a dream apart from it being that windy it was hard to stay in control.
Lasted 3 flights before I decided I better take everything home in 1 piece.
Surprisingely the Hobbymate gyro on the GT did better than the ZYX on the Pro. Or maybe it was because the wind had got a lot stronger by then.

mnemennth. Dont need the AV cables cause I have the Andriod App so can adjust the focus with phone or tablet at the field. Havent really taken much notice of the focus yet. Might have to have a look.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjOp4Sfcng4[/youtube]

Old 07-24-2013, 02:44 AM
rikybob

Hello, We’re excited to announce that RCU’s forum software is being upgraded. Next week, the forum will be migrated from the current platform to a full vBulletin forum. This is the most popular forum software in the world, and will allow members, moderators and administrators a whole new level of interaction, will make the forums more robust and easy to maintain, and make many of the most basic changes much easier to implement. While in the long term we expect this to be a relatively easy and positive move, in the short term there will of course be some bumps. There may be a few bugs, and there will certainly be a period of adjustment for members who have enjoyed the current look and feel of RCU for so many years. We’ll do our best to make the transition as smooth as possible. The mod team has already spent weeks looking for bugs. Our tech team will monitor the Feedback threads for any new bugs reported. And you will have the opportunity to take a look at the new layout and features before they go live. We’ve put together this [Read me first FAQ] that you can use as a resource for any questions you have once you’ve seen the new forum layout. ***Please refer to this first, before posting any questions, comments or bugs.*** Keep in mind that this forum is completely separate from the live RCU site, so ***any changes you make here will not be saved on the live site.*** You can log in, make test posts, adjust your profile, and get used to where various buttons and features reside. We’ve made every effort to duplicate the layout and functionality of the existing site, but inevitably there will be changes. This is your opportunity to see those changes before they go live. If you discover any bugginess, please [report it here in this tech thread].
LIVE BETA FORUM [/b] http://vbulletin.rcuniverse.com/forum.php [/b][img][/img] [/b]After a few days of availability, this test forum will be closed, and the site will go into read-only mode for approximately 24 hours. We anticipate this will happen early next week, maybe Sunday/Monday 7/21-22. After that, the forum software will be switched over, and we can all enjoy the features and clean layout of the new vBulletin forum. We hope you like it! Thank you, -The RCU Team

WOOT!

b
Old 07-24-2013, 05:10 AM
mnemennth

LIVEBETA FORUM[/b]http://vbulletin.rcuniverse.com/forum.php[/b][img][/img][/b]After a few days of availability, this test forum will be closed, and the site will go into read-only mode for approximately 24 hours. We anticipate this will happen early next week, maybe Sunday/Monday 7/21-22. After that, the forum software will be switched over, and we can all enjoy the features and clean layout of the new vBulletin forum. We hope you like it! Thank you, -The RCU Team

WOOT!

b
Y'all forgot to read the fine print there, Boo-Boo...

"Since our website was originally coded on a Steam-Powered Apple IIc and is currently running on the upgraded 6-hamster-power Apple Lisa with Fulton Air-Conditioning, there is no way in hell ANY of it will EVERbe compatible with civilized servers of any sort. As a result, EVERYTHINGthat has accumulated over the last 15 years will evaporate in a puff of daemonic smoke the instant we flip the switch on the new site. Since you've already signed part of your soul over to the franchise for a period of no less than 99.9 years in exchange for the privilege of providing us free content to use as a source of advertising revenue, we suggest you just SUCKIT before we send the daemons to collect.

Thank you from the RCU Team, and have a spiffy day!"

mnem
Well, as legalese goes, that's pretty straightforward...
Old 07-24-2013, 04:40 PM
ahamay

Get in quick if you want a Tarot FBL head at a great price ->

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8741

Old 07-24-2013, 06:29 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

LIVE BETA FORUM [/b] http://vbulletin.rcuniverse.com/forum.php [/b][img][/img] [/b]After a few days of availability, this test forum will be closed, and the site will go into read-only mode for approximately 24 hours. We anticipate this will happen early next week, maybe Sunday/Monday 7/21-22. After that, the forum software will be switched over, and we can all enjoy the features and clean layout of the new vBulletin forum. We hope you like it! Thank you, -The RCU Team

WOOT!

b
Y'all forgot to read the fine print there, Boo-Boo...

''Since our website was originally coded on a Steam-Powered Apple IIc and is currently running on the upgraded 6-hamster-power Apple Lisa with Fulton Air-Conditioning, there is no way in hell ANY of it will EVER be compatible with civilized servers of any sort. As a result, EVERYTHING that has accumulated over the last 15 years will evaporate in a puff of daemonic smoke the instant we flip the switch on the new site. Since you've already signed part of your soul over to the franchise for a period of no less than 99.9 years in exchange for the privilege of providing us free content to use as a source of advertising revenue, we suggest you just SUCK IT before we send the daemons to collect.

Thank you from the RCU Team, and have a spiffy day!''

mnem
Well, as legalese goes, that's pretty straightforward...
hehe
Old 07-25-2013, 12:00 AM
ingleburn

If they get any cheaper they will be giving them away.

Do they make 500 ones.

Had a great day today. 5 packs through each 450 and trashed the BL again.Broke the skids and snapped a solid CF boom. $6 and an hour and all good to go again.
Still impressed by the HK pro. Outflys the Tarot easily so I can only put it down to the DFC head.
THe GT was even better than the Tarot until its tail drifted 180 degrees while I was inverted. I knew there was a reason Ive been practising inverted piros. Caught it and will have to look at why it happened.
Dont know whats going on with the Tarot. Flys ok but not like the others. It was great flying them all back to back to see the difference.
17 packs in a day is a record for me. Should have taken my charger to the field.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:45 AM
rikybob

If they get any cheaper they will be giving them away.

Do they make 500 ones. [img][/img]

Had a great day today. 5 packs through each 450 and trashed the BL again.[img][/img] Broke the skids and snapped a solid CF boom. $6 and an hour and all good to go again.
Still impressed by the HK pro. Outflys the Tarot easily so I can only put it down to the DFC head.
THe GT was even better than the Tarot until its tail drifted 180 degrees while I was inverted. I knew there was a reason Ive been practising inverted piros. Caught it and will have to look at why it happened.
Dont know whats going on with the Tarot. Flys ok but not like the others. It was great flying them all back to back to see the difference.
17 packs in a day is a record for me. Should have taken my charger to the field.

That's FANTASTIC!! Glad you had a great day flyin'!

b
Old 07-25-2013, 07:38 AM
mnemennth

Welp; after much delay due to delayed paychecks and stoopit stuph like baby diapers and milk, I finally ordered my birfday present to myself:

http://www.myrcmart.com/zmr-xpower-4...te-p-6194.html

I figured I'd save myself some hassle and get a PNF; I have a few 2S1000mAH packs to try it out with. Got a couple spare motors and blades to fill out the box; should be here in a week or two.

mnem
ZOOM!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:08 AM
mnemennth

Heh... Since this has turned into an ersatz QuadCopter thread, I just HADto link THIS...

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...-s-pizza-drone

I do love me some Colbert; but this episode is delightfully non-partisan, so even safe for our conservative members.

I know I'm dreadfully behind the curve here; a month late with this "news". In my defense; I positively LOATHE commercial TV and the Ad hour... err, the News... But I don't recall hearing any comment here on it, so I figured I'd share just in case:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...-dominos-pizza

mnem
Yes, I'm bored.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:30 AM
mnemennth

Okay... RCU clearly took offense with my earlier post; after failing to take my birthday away, they resorted to taking my "EDITPOST" privileges away instead so I have to post new every time and look like a dork. Yes, I tried logging in &out again, no fix. PTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!*Blows a razzberry at RCU's server*

Anyways...

mnemennth. Dont need the AV cables cause I have the Andriod App so can adjust the focus with phone or tablet at the field. Havent really taken much notice of the focus yet. Might have to have a look.

Yeah, that's great for changing settings, but I don't believe the app has (nor do they have any intention of having any time soon) any provision for viewing live video on the Android device. THIS was what I was suggesting you'de need the video out cables for; so you can SEE what you're adjusting.

mnem
snoo.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:55 PM
ingleburn

Yeah, that's great for changing settings, but I don't believe the app has (nor do they have any intention of having any time soon) any provision for viewing live video on the Android device. THIS was what I was suggesting you'de need the video out cables for; so you can SEE what you're adjusting.

mnem
snoo.
Well it looks like the upgrade went well.
Yeah I thought the Mobius had the webcam app but looks like not yet.
Got the Mcpx V1 back out as I was sick of trashing the BL learning new stuff. Should really go on the sim but it bores me to tears.
One of the Nanotechs I use on the BL just dropped a cell so Im going to have to keep an eye on the rest.
Still no 500's in stock which is a blessing as work has slowed right down at the moment.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:39 PM
ahamay

mnem
snoo.
Well it looks like the upgrade went well.
Yeah I thought the Mobius had the webcam app but looks like not yet.
Got the Mcpx V1 back out as I was sick of trashing the BL learning new stuff. Should really go on the sim but it bores me to tears.
One of the Nanotechs I use on the BL just dropped a cell so Im going to have to keep an eye on the rest.
Still no 500's in stock which is a blessing as work has slowed right down at the moment.
Hehe.... the company that owns and runs this forum are also the owners and developers of vBulletin.... you think they would be able to get it right. It really is bad planning, as the forums were down for 3 days and now they are going to be down for another 3 days whilst they have another go. Someone in their IT dept won't be getting a pay rise this year

MCXP v1 would be horrid after flying the BL.

Wattsup have them on backorder with Align I'm told. Because everyone loves the 3GX the 3Gxless kits have been very popular.

I've also been reading the massive Multirotor thread and apart from doing my head in I'm slightly curious to see what all the fuss is about so I might look at building a cheap quad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.