Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Violent Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 05:09 AM
laddan2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Violent Vibrations

I have a Trex 450 Sport V2, no issues with the build, upgrades include spartan quark,datapod,scorpion 2221-10 v2, scorpion 45A esc v3, savox cyclic & tail, metal tail upgrades, boca ceramic in main bearing blocks. Everything else is pretty much stock, however no matter what i've tried, at times I get a violent vibration seen clearly in hover throughout main rotor down to skids. Here is what i've tried - replaced dampers, thrust bearings, blades, main block bearings, main shaft, main gears, new servos, all new tail components. I'm sure i've left some things out but I feel as if I've tried everything and am exhausted. Balance/tracking good, dampers didnt change vibration, (nothing bent) new thrust bearings, blades not to tight or loose,3 different main shafts, new tail shaft & components, all new servos, boca bearings in blocks(seated properly), up/down with throttle curves, you name it I've probably tried it and still get an occastional violent shake. An occasional jitter from the tail otherwise rock solid and mechanical very smooth. The trex is new only 3mos old and I keep replacing with new and am at the end of my rope haha. Please any advice!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:05 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Violent Vibrations

Any idea of what head speed it's happening at? Could it be too low a head speed?
Old 07-23-2013, 06:33 AM
laddan2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Violent Vibrations

Not specifically on the head speed. But to help answer your question, the -10 has 3000rpm, and according to the calc, my range with a 30C battery is approx. 3116-3506 on the headspeed. I dont typically drop my batteries below 11.4,11.5v. I use a 12tooth pinion on the slant and have tried a 13T as well. Have experimented with curves in normal ranging from 60% up to 100% and also tried govn. mode all ranges. I have seen the vibe occasionally at beginning flight and end of flight at various head speed ranges, but...not every flight however, it is rare if I dont see it. I was concerned about shaft/bearing slop but with the boca ceramic bearings that has been eliminated. Tiny bit of slop in the cyclics, but the align servos had that too. Also the motor shaft had tiny bit of slop and I changed bearings & shaft, no slop. Everything looks concentric throughout the head/flybar, all measured with calipers. Sorry to ramble on, just trying to not leave anything out.