Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ofna lx2 nitro

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 01:53 AM
dan rox 90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna lx2 nitro

hi, I am wondering if my engine is over heating because I have got some truggy tires on it and even with the stock buggy tires the motor gets 290 f to 310f when the rc car is tuned properly and when it is at is fastest (and that when I running it on the road). should I just not worry about the temperature and focus on getting the nitro engine to its top speed? or should I lower the pinion gear? cheers
Old 07-24-2013, 03:20 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ofna lx2 nitro

Make sure you have a trail of gray smoke and the temps are under 300. There is nothing else you have to worry about. Yes, your truggy tires will be making it even hotter. Going down a tooth or 2 on the clutch bell will also help.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:09 PM
dan rox 90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what happens if the temps go over 300f
Old 07-24-2013, 05:54 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not concern yourself TOO much with temps. However, 300 is pretty damn hot and willing to bet your tune is much too lean.

Regarding your question as to what will happen if you hit 300 degrees: the car will explode. So please be careful when running near small children or pets of any kind.

I'MKIDDING! ;-) Actually, if your engine is running too hot, it will tell you. Most of the time it will just shut off. However, if you continue to ignore its warning signs, you'll either break something inside of the engine...or best case scenario decrease the life expectancy for it. Tires should not really play a role in your engine temps.

As Foxy noted, ensure you see smoke AND that the engine sounds smooth. If it studders and things such as that, richen it.