Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Flakpanzer Gepard help

Old 07-23-2013, 09:05 PM
easyy 11
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flakpanzer Gepard help

I d like to build a Flakpanzer Gepard Tank from Tamiya

Does anyone know who makes a sound module for this particular tank ?

Perhaps I could use a Tamiya Module but which one would match the correct sound ?

thank you

Old 07-24-2013, 12:50 AM
karel47

Default RE: Flakpanzer Gepard help

SGS has the right FO module for your gepard , google it am sure you'll find it its about 155 euro or 180 dollar
Old 07-24-2013, 03:23 AM
clarkmodel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we will, at $85 USD.

Regards,
Clark
Old 07-24-2013, 04:30 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Benedini, El Mod and the new IBU also have programmable sounds so they can be configured to sound like anything you want. The Benedini has the Gepard in their library of sounds. So you have many choices.

Basically it is a leopard sound file with Flak gun sound file instead of a cannon. With the Benedini you can program the sound to loop, so as long as you are holding the fire button the flak guns will fire. The Benedini can also be used with the Tamiya system, but it has limited functions to two additional sounds without a DBC3 or decoder. This would however allow you to have the great Benedini engine sounds along with the Flak guns,
Old 07-24-2013, 05:04 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't quote me but I believe the sgs module controls all the gepard functions like indicators, radar dish, lighting etc. One of the uk members got the Leo 1 version, was tricky to set up but the functions look great!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:24 AM
YHR

The Benedini also has lighting and motor control functions that I have only dabbled with. For instance you can program the Benedini to supply power to an electric motor when a certain sound is trigger. For the radar dish you could therefor program a stick movement to turn on the radar dish sound. As soon as this sound is triggered the Benedini will supply power to a motor or servo to make the dish rotate.

To do all this though you are most likely looking at having to build yourself a decoder board for your transmitter. Instructions on how to do this are on the Benedini site, but this is much more involved than plug and play. However the capacity to do many things exist if you are up for the challenge.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:17 AM
clarkmodel

There is no reason we don't include searching radar & targeting radar movement servo control on Gepard version TK board, and the most special sound on modern tank, hydraulic turret acceleration, rotating & deceleration sound which we already have on Leo2 version and this turret sounds effect doesn't interrupted by other sound effects such as mg firing or gun elevation.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:32 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Now that that would be cool Clark!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:10 AM
easyy 11

So which one of the Clark units do I need to make it sound correct ?

thank you for help guys
Old 07-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

That's good to know that Clark has something for the Gepard which I do want to RC!

Jeff
Old 07-24-2013, 05:41 PM
easyy 11

Superb.

I will be getting the TK 22 board with some cool options

Can that board have different machine gun sounds ??

Anyone know perhaps ?
Old 07-24-2013, 06:07 PM
clarkmodel

Hi, easyy 11,

We're still working on it. our release plan is Leo 1 and then Gepard asI
still have noenough time to convert a display modeGepard into RC to act as a demo set for demo video now. Just a white plastic part for Leo1 in this picture, which I want to use to replace orignial metal support & creat a chember for speaker unit already took me hours to find the right size...

Panther F,

These is no reason I don't make a board for Gepard, it's one of my favorite rc tank and I want to add some cool stuff on it

Bythe way,as I know, ELmod use 7 file( same file in 7 different pitch) for turret sound effect, single for barrel, IBU use one file for turret, one for barrel, Berier use one file for turret, one for barrel(if I read their manual right), anyoneknow how many sound fileis/are used on Benedini for turret and barrel?and how many sound tracks can be generated at the same time on these board?
Regards,
Clark
Old 07-24-2013, 09:40 PM
easyy 11

Very cool

I can t wait for it .

Does any one know links to Flakpanzer build ups ?

cheers
Old 07-24-2013, 09:45 PM
YHR

The Benedini can use up to 3 wav files for each sound Turret, MG, Flak or cannon. I just did up a Gepard sound file this evening. It is getting late here so I will post it tomorrow

For example typically the turret has a start, run, and stop sequence. Each sound is a totally unique file. MG uses just two files with a reverb on the last. Each sound on the Benedini can be used as a trigger to run a servo, motor or light

For example a Benedini/DBC 3 can use a standard HL HBU, and the Benedini will light up a set of LEDs when the tank is hit, and could be used to start a smoker up or ignite a rocket using a relay when the tank is destroyed for some spectacular effects.

With all the options available to people now, I guess I should spend some time and do up a complete Benedini demo tank to show all it is capable of. It is much more then just a sound card.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:16 AM
clarkmodel

Just for your refence, we use 14 files to achieve sound effect and real time response we have on Leo 2 version.

And how many sound effect can be generated at the same time on Benedini?
Old 07-25-2013, 05:18 AM
YHR

The Benedini uses a different method of logic to generate its engine sounds then the other cards on the market. It only uses 6 files for tank movement, but there in lies its simplicity. I can make a new sound file for a Benedini in 30 minutes, and the engine transitions sounds are second to none.

The Benedini can produce the engine sound and two others at the same time. Others can do more, but for all practical purposes this limitation is hardly noticed. For example you can run the tank, move the turret and fire the cannon, which is what most people are doing. If you wanted to run the tank, rotate the turret, fire the machine gun and the cannon, the Benedini would drop the turret rotation sound. (Engine sound is never dropped) However does this really matter. On a real tank would the turret be in motion when the cannon was fired? Also on a real tank the cannon overwhelms all other sound, so like I said for practical purposes this limitation is not really noticed. We tend to over exaggerate some of these tank sounds. On most real tanks you barely hear the turret rotate or bbl elevate from the outside, but we tend to play sounds as heard from the inside of the turret, and for the sake of reality this really isn't very accurate.

But back to the Gepard. Sounds like easy11 has many options, and has decided on a Clark Gepard for his tank when you have it ready.

His original question was who makes a sound module for this tank, and the answer is all of them have the ability to do this, because the programmable cards have unlimited possibilties they can produce whatever sound your heart desires

Here is the Benedini Leo sound. Later I will post a video of the Flak gun sound that has been added. This engine is revving too high. That however is fully adjustable on the Benedini and you can set your rev limit anywhere. When I made this file I forget to limit this so it just goes to the 100% default. I like how you hear the turbo spool down at the end.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmzViXd86fY[/youtube]

Here is the real Gepard. Kind of shows how your hear very little other then track noise and the engine. The turret turns and you don't even hear it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-kM1qLxp9g[/youtube]
Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

When it's time, we need to discuss purchasing that for my Leopard 1.

That spool-down sound is just WAY too cool.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2013, 08:59 PM
easyy 11

This is very impressive .

Wonder if the Clark units will have that turbo spooling effect too ?

Now who makes that full rotation Tracking Radar on the Gepard guys ?
Old 07-25-2013, 11:20 PM
clarkmodel

I see, but 3 sound tracks are still not enough for my application,

Btw, do you privde sound package for Benedini user for free or you're still selling it?
Old 07-26-2013, 05:30 AM
YHR

ORIGINAL: clarkmodel

I see, but 3 sound tracks are still not enough for my application,

Btw, do you privde sound package for Benedini user for free or you're still selling it?
Boy that is a loaded question

I have developed my own sound files for the Benedini and these have always been free for people who purchase the Benedini from me.

Along with my personal files people also have free access to the Benedini library of sounds that include many tanks that have not even been produced yet. Comet, Luchs, T-72, T-55 T34, M48, Sherman, Pershing, Abrams, Leo 1 &II , Marder, M113, Tiger, Panther, King Tiger, PZIV, Gepard, Centurian, BMP.

You can also use the Benedini in RC planes and Benedini has a library full of Warbird soundfiles as well.

All these have always been free for people who purchase the hardware.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:20 AM
clarkmodel

I think you can also try Berier if youwant toextend your business,the followings make me think it will be the lead( maybe already ) in high-end, programmable sound module market.

- All-in-one design, 20W*2 power amp is already there, no need to buyan external amp,
- 44KHz & 16-bit sound quality,
- only one SD card is needed for every sound effects,
- more Sound-Slots can be used on engine sound effect ,
- more than 100 sound package(car, truck, panzer, Tractor ....) arefree to access to anyone, not just Berier user because Berier doesn't own the copyright, so it can not be the subject to make profit in any means, so it needs to be opened &not encrypted
- Price (~$175 USD) is just a little bit higher than Benedini, $30 USD delta is almost nothingto whom is readyto spend $140 USD.
ps. I've had my worker to build a TK22+Berier Leopard2 demo set for customer who wants 16-bit high quality sound,in thisdemo system,TK22 is just amotor control board and makes nosounds.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:00 AM
clarkmodel

wait, maybe I still need TK22 to generate turrut rotate and elevation sound, as far as I know, Berier can not generate the turrut rotate sound and elevation sound like I have on TK22 Leo2 version.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:32 AM
YHR

The end result is what sounds best to the users ears, How many files, bit rates, sample rates, sound file addresss, etc mean little if at the end it does not play a smooth seemless transistion. I have never been afraid of a comparison to any sound board against the Benedini. With you tube it is very easy to compare the sounds of all these systems using your ears. As long as people understand the engine stat up files, and shut down files are very easy. It is the transition files from Idling to movement that are the hardest to simulate.

The Benedini works fine with your board. I have it set up and I have sold a few Benedinis to people who use your board as the ESC and control board.

Beier electronics are very interesting and Benedini himself, told me to check them out as that is his biggest competition. They have Sound and Battle units that use the old stand HL radios so they may be attractive to people. I always encourage people to try others systems out.

[link=http://www.beier-electronic.de/modellbau/index.php]Beier[/link]

Actually Benedini makes high end tank electronics used in 1/6 scale tanks

Here is a video from 5 years ago showcasing the higher end Benedini sound systems
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnM7yX5mVsc[/youtube]

The problem is in 1/16 scale you are limited by the speaker size. Forget all the technobable, what makes a big difference in sound systems is the speaker size and quality.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:51 PM
easyy 11

YHR very impressive sound !!!

Large tanks look very attractive but it all comes with the cost of them .