Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

NovaRossi & SMT & CPA

Old 07-23-2013, 10:21 AM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NovaRossi & SMT & CPA

Check this out.. The NovaRossi Factory is behind the Classic Pattern Association... Big "Thank you" to Buddy at SMT for the support !! One class act ..

http://www.novarossi.it/2012/index.p...ntest-usa.html

Old 07-24-2013, 06:06 AM
times2

Default RE: NovaRossi & SMT & CPA

Yea, wouldn't have been possible at all without the guys at www.planethobby.comandwww.klasskotemo.com/NovaRossi%20Engines.htmputting this engine on the map. Thanks to all!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:32 AM
EscapeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: times2

Yea, wouldn't have been possible at all without the guys at www.planethobby.com and www.klasskotemo.com/NovaRossi%20Engines.htm putting this engine on the map. Thanks to all!

Wow.

Where was Planet Hobby and the other reference you gave in the in this event again? And where did NovaRossi acknowledge your references on thier site?

ROFLMAO!!!!

Brian
Old 07-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Timthetoolman1
My Feedback: (6)

Scott,

Ah, I found it...I was looking for the event coverage http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11557238

Thanks, Tim
Old 07-24-2013, 07:37 PM
roncoleman
My Feedback: (14)

Yea, wouldn't have been possible at all without the guys at www.planethobby.com and www.klasskotemo.com/NovaRossi%20Engines.htm putting this engine on the map. Thanks to all!
Times2,

I think you just went over the top with your post!!

Ron
Old 07-25-2013, 06:57 AM
times2

ORIGINAL: roncoleman

Yea, wouldn't have been possible at all without the guys at www.planethobby.comandwww.klasskotemo.com/NovaRossi%20Engines.htmputting this engine on the map. Thanks to all!
Times2,

I think you just went over the top with your post!!

Ron
What I said specifically is that the engine wouldn't have been possible without their support and development. Nothing to do with the event.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:58 AM
times2

ORIGINAL: EscapeFlyer

Wow.

Where was Planet Hobby and the other reference you gave in the in this event again? And where did NovaRossi acknowledge your references on thier site?

ROFLMAO!!!!

Brian
Hey Brian, try reading my post again. I do not mention the event at all. I'm speaking of the engine development. The one that we can now buy from 4 different vendors, not just STM.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:03 AM
dphill2

Times 2, I did not know that Nova Rossi did their Engine Development over here ?? I thought it was done in Italy @ the Nova Rossi Factory !

Dave.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:09 AM
times2

ORIGINAL: dphill2

Times 2, I did not know that Nova Rossi did their Engine Development over here ?? I thought it was done in Italy @ the Nova Rossi Factory !

Dave.
I'm not surprised.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:25 AM
dphill2

The Nova Rossi Engineers don't know it ether !!! Hummmmm
Old 07-25-2013, 09:25 AM
EscapeFlyer

times2

Here is some vocabulary to help you understand why you don't make sense.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/context - for definition of the word "context."

Maybe you can look at the "context" of this thread, or any thread for that matter before you post.

You're welcome.

Brian

BTW... Check your sources. It's SMT, not stm....

Once again... you are very welcome.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:32 AM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the idea is great to have engines from Italy. Times2 was pointing out that the engine is available from more places than Buddy's SMT. I bought mine from Leo at Klass Kote MO and they are available from Planet Hobby.
The Speed 13 was something that came from several American pilots indicating a market to NovaRossi about rear exhaust engines based on the earlier 61. The R/C version of the Control Line Speed engines were tried by several in this country and it became a hit. Now sales seem to be taking off, many buying from all of the dealers now popping up in the US. Two southwest model kit manufacturers are examining how to sell them with their Classic kits.
Great engine, a fascinating entry into the American market for this size engine for them in a much larger scale than pervious. 
Chris...  
Old 07-25-2013, 09:34 AM
EscapeFlyer

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

Times2 was pointing out that the engine is available from more places than Buddy's SMT.
Hi Chris.

Reading times2 posts in other threads it is easy to see this isn't the whole case. I wish you were right though.

Brian
Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 AM
dphill2

I think the idea is great to have engines from Italy. Times2 was pointing out that the engine is available from more places than Buddy's SMT. I bought mine from Leo at Klass Kote MO and they are available from Planet Hobby.
The Speed 13 was something that came from several American pilots indicating a market to NovaRossi about rear exhaust engines based on the earlier 61. The R/C version of the Control Line Speed engines were tried by several in this country and it became a hit. Now sales seem to be taking off, many buying from all of the dealers now popping up in the US. Two southwest model kit manufacturers are examining how to sell them with their Classic kits.
Great engine, a fascinating entry into the American market for this size engine for them in a much larger scale than pervious.
Chris...
Hi Chris, As you said "indicating a market to Nova Rossi is a far cry from Design and development of this engine !!!

Dave.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:47 AM
stuntflyr

I don't follow you, Brian. You mean that I didn't buy my engine from Leo, or Leo gets his stuff from SMT?
Maybe I'm confused, I try not to be political on these pages so maybe there is some intrigue of which I am ignorant. Maybe you can enlighten us with the whole story if mine isn't complete?
Chris...
Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 AM
stuntflyr

ORIGINAL: dphill2

Chris...
Hi Chris, As you said "indicating a market to Nova Rossi is a far cry from Design and development of this engine !!!

Dave.
It's a stretch, yes Dave. I think that if NV didn't make Speed engines for the US the Speed 13 Pattern engine wouldn't exist, though. European's only have one Speed event and it's .15 size.
I don't know much of the inside story, only what guys tell me and I probably have some of that wrong!
Chris...

Old 07-25-2013, 09:59 AM
stuntflyr

Whoop's, out of control keyboard.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:02 AM
EscapeFlyer

Chris,

I am not saying Leo or any other vendor is not selling NovaRossi engines, nor am I here to say any other vender is sub-par. What I am saying is that times2 is on a misinformation crusade to try to minimize the great customer service and overall quality of experience SMT provides. This is seen as he is posting on a thread regarding a specific sponsor of a specific event he (meaning him and his suggested preferred vendors) has no association with. This was first off, VERY inappropriate, secondly, VERY rude, Thirdly, out of context, and forth, Over the top and out of line.

He and another have posted on my threads ever since I first started bragging about my experiences with SMT. It was humorous at first. Now it is just plain silly.

Brian
Old 07-25-2013, 10:05 AM
stuntflyr

I see what you mean. I haven't noticed. SMT has dominated the scene on the engine for sure. Nice hats and shirts, too. Good for them, great that they're involved in the contests. That is needed all over the country, maybe we'll see more of that.
Chris...
Old 07-25-2013, 10:07 AM
EscapeFlyer

I agree! It would be AMAZING to see NovaRossi promoted everywhere like the SMT sponsored event.

I am pro-NovaRossi regardless.

Brian
Old 07-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Timthetoolman1

Yep Brian, that's what we need. I'm working on getting a NR dealer to sponsor our SPA event in September in Texas. We have on average 20 contestants at each event. My goal is to get NR out there in SPA so when we have some of the CPA events the guys can make the switch easily. The nice thing about the NR 60CR is that you can put the adapter on it and pipe it for CPA and remove the pipe for SPA (hopefully some day they'll drop that ridiculous pipe restriction. Don't get me wrong, I am all for SPA...stop laughing Scott...hehehe).
Old 07-25-2013, 10:19 AM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

I'm pretty sure Leo is not getting engines from Buddy, but from planet..either way there re only 2 US distributors of the aero engines and a few dealers... SMT is one of the 2 dist. And he is promoting classic pattern...
Old 07-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Timthetoolman1

If I knew it would draw some of the CPA guys to come fly I'd probably put together a Vertigo kit for the pilots raffle, not that a Dirty Birdy is a bad raffle item, I just think it's cool because the Vertigo is different.
There is not a problem flying your CPA plane at our events, of course your scores won't be reported to SPA.

Tim
Old 07-25-2013, 10:55 AM
EscapeFlyer

We can always leave the gear down.

Brian
Old 07-25-2013, 11:31 AM
dphill2

Tim, I sent you a PM !!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.