Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Have you ever....

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 02:59 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Have you ever....

have you ever ...

watched the tracking info on a part or car you bought and thought in the back of your head. god i hope it doesn't come up delivered when you have been watching out the window all day and know mister delivery man has not been to your house
Old 07-25-2013, 03:15 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Have you ever....

ORIGINAL: echthelion

have you ever ...

watched the tracking info on a part or car you bought and thought in the back of your head. god i hope it doesn't come up delivered when you have been watching out the window [img][/img] all day and know mister delivery man has not been to your house
Yes actually

Hell right now I'm waiting for a part for my PC they sent it to the wrong zip code 2 times already... good ole USPS no wonder they are going under...

Also waiting for a Nexx10SCT from UPS which should be here tomorrow, but I know those damn ninja's UPS has working for them will somehow leave a tag on the door even though I'll be looking out the window all day. I swear the trucks I think have stealth systems built in as you only hear them restart the truck, and drive away.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:17 PM
echthelion

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: echthelion

have you ever ...

watched the tracking info on a part or car you bought and thought in the back of your head. god i hope it doesn't come up delivered when you have been watching out the window [img][/img] all day and know mister delivery man has not been to your house
Yes actually

Hell right now I'm waiting for a part for my PC they sent it to the wrong zip code 2 times already... good ole USPS no wonder they are going under...

Also waiting for a Nexx10SCT from UPS which should be here tomorrow, but I know those damn ninja's UPS has working for them will somehow leave a tag on the door even though I'll be looking out the window all day. I swear the trucks I think have stealth systems built in as you only hear them restart the truck, and drive away.

thats what im waiting on my nexx10sc

Old 07-25-2013, 04:45 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't able to order a Nexx10SC. Although, I do have one.....  I did have that feeling today, tho. An esc for my 1/10 2WD buggy to replace the charred Novak Havok Pro SC (caught on fire, made an abrasion on the chassis :/) and I turn away for 5 minutes to get dressed to find the package on the doorstep. Why I didn't hear the doorbell, I don't know.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:05 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: collector1231

I wasn't able to order a Nexx10SC. Although, I do have one..... I did have that feeling today, tho. An esc for my 1/10 2WD buggy to replace the charred Novak Havok Pro SC (caught on fire, made an abrasion on the chassis :/) and I turn away for 5 minutes to get dressed to find the package on the doorstep. Why I didn't hear the doorbell, I don't know.
Easy they NEVER press the doorbell
I've stood there and watched UPS through the peephole lightly knock one time on the door (I live on the 2nd floor in a 2 story apartment building) to the point I couldn't even hear the knock on the other side of the door, and proceed to pull out the sorry you weren't home tag like 2 seconds later and try and stick it on the door.
Almost gave the guy a heart attack as I ripped the door open before he could stick it on the door and said GIMMIE MA PACKAGE!
Old 07-25-2013, 05:06 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

My shipping fears are: will the wife get the package and grill me about what I've bought now and (if sent to my office in lesser desirable part of town) did someone swipe it off the porch.

And I am also waiting on the Nexx10sc It should arrive while my son and I are away at camp. Hopefully she forgets to grill me about it by the time I get back.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:59 AM
turok007

i don't like watching mine as the main lorry goes past my area then way out of town then onto a another van then back. lol
Old 07-26-2013, 04:16 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Wow, its still 99 dollars? Wow, thats good! I may get one for parts.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:24 AM
Foxy

I was going to order one til I saw the delivery. More than the truck! $114. I lol'd.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Microz

I had the opposite happen to me. I saw the delivery man pull up to the house, and then I hid behind the door so he wouldn't see me. I had a sugar high so maybe thats why.
And where are you guys finding the nexx10sc for $100??? Ofnawarehouse has the roller...is that what it is?
Old 07-26-2013, 10:08 AM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get 2 or 3 deliveries per week (yes, I have a problem).

Once I was driving home and saw the UPS truck in our neighborhood. My package required a signature. I drove by my house and noticed my part was not delivered (tracking said "Out for Delivery"). I tried to chase down th UPS truck, but to no avail. I drove back home and decided to wait in my car for him. I kept refreshing the tracking page on my phone. After about 15 minutes of sitting in my car and refreshing, the status suddenly changed to "Delivered". ***? I went inside, and it turned out my wife had signed for it  about 45 minutes earlier. Ha!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:18 AM
echthelion

ORIGINAL: Microz

I had the opposite happen to me. I saw the delivery man pull up to the house, and then I hid behind the door so he wouldn't see me. I had a sugar high so maybe thats why.
And where are you guys finding the nexx10sc for $100??? Ofnawarehouse has the roller...is that what it is?
yes i had made a tread about it afew days back http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11575023/tm.htm tho it seems there out of stock now

Old 07-26-2013, 10:57 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Usually when I order something, I get pretty anxious the day it is supposed to deliver. I will check the tracking info prob 30 times that day lol. Then when it finally delivers, I'm like "YESS!!!" But then I look at the clock and I still have like 3 hours of work left. God that is the longest end of the day EVER!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:40 PM
cumquat

i've never had a signature required package, so i've never had to deal with the infamous "we missed you" note. my packages always show up at about 2PM (not that i order often) and i'm home all day so no worries for me.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: cumquat

i've never had a signature required package, so i've never had to deal with the infamous ''we missed you'' note. my packages always show up at about 2PM (not that i order often) and i'm home all day so no worries for me.
well even when I don't have a sig req package they do weird things

Example Ordered a Wii U a few months ago from BB for $350 they left it in my door
Ordered 2 wii U controllers for $24 from BB same shiopping, they wouldn't leave it

My sister ordered a $300 guitar they left it easily visible to anyone walking by, 2 days later I had a $10 piece that was in a box so small the UPS label was the size of the package wouldn't leave it.

Side note normally UPS guy is around here at 10:30am waiting for the truck friday he got here at 4:30pm...
Old 07-29-2013, 05:57 PM
echthelion

i got my package at 5:43pm most of the time my ups guy gets here about 5pm those 43minutes were agonizing lol
Old 07-29-2013, 06:08 PM
straitnickel

Yeah man the usps tracking is a joke. They mark my packages delivered and then actually deliver it when they get around to it. Now ups they are on the ball bit they cost more.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:37 PM
littlemel

Today, i was supposed to get a package from an online hobby store.  I got an email saying they had an inventory issue and didn't have the part I ordered.  The best part is, It took them a week to tell me they didn't have it!  Such a joke.   A WEEK!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:59 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: littlemel

Today, i was supposed to get a package from an online hobby store. I got an email saying they had an inventory issue and didn't have the part I ordered. The best part is, It took them a week to tell me they didn't have it! Such a joke. A WEEK!
happened to me when I ordered something on ebay the guy waited till after I bought it to try and order it... I filed for misrepresentation on ebay to get the cash back
Old 07-30-2013, 11:43 AM
littlemel

This place is on ebay, its a hobby store. I got fully refunded, but a week?