Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 05:10 AM
9sec240

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Thanks for the heads up Scott. I thought they had showers and restrooms at site 3? Are you planning on bringing food for the entire weekend with you? Are you towing a car behind the motor home?

Congrats on your new "appointment". What exactly does a team manager do?

I am getting really excited for IRCHA. I was out flying my ass off yesterday.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:20 AM
dunkonu23

Hey Ivan,

We're bringing food with us. We're going to be using the shower in our motorhome because even though site 3 does have showers and bathrooms on-site, I like our shower and getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom means too much hassle. Besides, the motorhome has the stuff, why not use it? It's not that hard to disconnect the satellite dish, power, pull in the slides, raise the jacks and go dump. I kind of like dumping... odd as that seems. I'm renting a car for Tuesday through Thursday (maybe longer, I dunno, yet) as Idon't yet have towing stuff. That way, if we need or forget something we can just shoot off to a grocery store for it. It's funny. It's way cheaper to rent a car than it is to rent a golf cart! Tony said I can use his truck if we need anything after Thursday.

Thanks! I've worked really hard in the last year and I think I can work even harder.. Actually, what I've done before is what I've been told to continue doing. That doesn't sit right with me so I'm going to be working on bringing in more team-wide sponsorship deals, interfacing more with ReadyHeli management, keeping folks apprised of the goings-on. Basically anything that needs to be done to promote and better the brand. And...have fun doing it!

Good deal on flying your ash off. It's gonna be a fun time at IRCHA. We've got an event in Cheasning, MI to attend tomorrow. Dunno if we're gonna make it though... we're dog sitting for Sara and Brad and don't know what time they'll come get him.

Scott

PS... One more thing I'll be doing... recruiting.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:48 PM
phillyD

Thanks guys for making me feel so "missing out on the action" LOL
Old 07-16-2013, 03:22 PM
dunkonu23

Not my intent at all, Dr. Phil.  No way, no how!

Scott
Old 07-17-2013, 07:58 AM
phillyD

Phew
That was a close shave LOL
Old 07-17-2013, 10:22 AM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Hey guys! Just got back from 6 days in FL looking for a new flying field! Not sure if I found one or not! LOL

At On Top of the World, I asked about helis & was told, "ya' we got one guy & we put a landing pad over there behind that tree"! However, one of the other places has a club for airplanes (didn't get to ask about helis) & (cars & trucks) & power boats & sailboats.

Ivan - I only had the one day before we left to work on the build. I got 12 of about 20 steps complete in about six hrs! If I hadn't made sooo many mistakes, I probably coulda' had it done! LOL

Phil - hello!

Scott - you sound really cranked up for IRCHA! I hope you guys have some good wx for it!

Chuck
Old 07-18-2013, 04:56 AM
dunkonu23

Super cranked up, Chuck! I get this way for every IRCHA, but especially this one... we're staying onsite for the whole thing so there's going to be tons to do. I hope I run the golf cart out of gas! I got my new water filters yesterday and I don't know why, but I'm really excited about using them (now there is going to be three filters in line of the drinking water tap, two for showers and dishes). I also got a millicom hotspot for the event. 20 gig (really 25) so we may be able to stream movies at night. It's all just so exciting for me. I'm really looking forward to driving there... just everything about the event I'm excited about. I bought a new canopy for my Rush... Ivan's coming... most of my friends on ALeeS are coming. It's gonna be cooler than Antartica!

Is "On Top of the World" that place that advertises in the AMAmagazine? Orlando area?

Scott

Old 07-19-2013, 04:15 PM
clp.eng

Scott - it is the place that advertises in AMA. I was really disappointed that it didn't have a paved runway just grass. I'm sure most of my planes could not taxi in that stuff! Sounds like it will be a good trip no matter WHAT! Ah, that Rush! 750 that's going to have a long spool down time... LOL

Ivan - finished the car build, now waiting for the servo & power plant & need to figure out gearing & how to put the body on since there are no holes provided.

Phil - hello...

Chuck
Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 AM
dunkonu23

Iwouldn't mind living in FLfor the winter when Iretire... then again, I wouldn't mind Arizona, either...

Not having a paved run way wouldn't be a deal breaker for me nor would taller grass... I'd just take off and land on the golf course! Na... I'd find some way, though.

Scott
Old 07-20-2013, 03:36 PM
clp.eng

Scott - unfortunately there is only enough capital to support one house so if we go to FL it's for ever! The courses at The Villages were immaculate. I don't play myself but the sales person said they have some of the best & most challenging courses around. You can see pieces of them in this vid if you're interested...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl2q...CzqMtvDWerE5_A

I went flying w/ the TuffTrainer this morning because it was a tad windy so Ididn't want to risk a heli. But as you can see not a good third pack! I was praticing my landings but this resulted from a take off gone really really bad! LOL I don't think there is enough foam glue in the world to fix it!

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99667.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1902474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24427.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1902475  
Old 07-21-2013, 08:02 AM
9sec240

Chuck, sounds a lot like the guys of SRCB run that place. Canadian rail has worked out a deal to make a turn around or something like that where the current flying field is at Pratts. CN is paying to build a new flying field off of Sterns. Their proposed plan calls for a paved runway. Most of the club is against it as they want to keep the small / small wheel plans out so they can continue to fly their big quarter scale planes without having to deal with us peons.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:02 AM
clp.eng

Ivan - maybe we should put giant wheels on the planes just to P them off! LOL What a crock since that is forest preserve district property which you & I are paying for!

Maybe it's time we started our own club & I think the club policy should be:

1. Have fun
2. It's only a hobby (OK or maybe an obsession for others!)
3. Have fun
4. Let everybody in
and
5. Have fun!

These clubs are taking themselves way tooooo seriously.

Chuck
Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 PM
phillyD

Right On Ilustrious guys. you guys doin just fine. yes there is enough foam and glue nad yes put on the bigger wheels LMAO
Old 07-21-2013, 03:11 PM
dunkonu23

Nice video, Chuck... not really my style of living, yet... I got 10 years left...hopefully I make it that long!

Scott
Old 07-22-2013, 07:19 AM
9sec240

So here is what has consumed a bunch of my time lately...

http://youtu.be/gZ7snULupqE
[youtube]http://youtu.be/gZ7snULupqE[/youtube]
Old 07-22-2013, 07:31 AM
clp.eng

Scott - not mine either but "she who must be obeyed"... LOL

Ivan - 7secGTR!

Phil - I opted to get a low wing foamie instead! I may try to fix the TuffTrainer just for practice! LOL

CHuck
Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 AM
dunkonu23

Wow, Ivan... you're in rarefied air, sir. Truly an awesome accomplishment. I'll have a chocolate cake, please...

Congratulations!

Scott
Old 07-24-2013, 04:39 PM
phillyD

Superlative Congratulations Sir ivan
I am sorry about the helmet dig I took at you some time agao; I was misguided. You are a speedster.Please wear a space suit the mext time Mr. Astronaut. LMAO
Old 07-24-2013, 04:53 PM
dunkonu23

Mr. Astronaut... LMAO!!! I'm gonna call him that at IRCHA!

Scott
Old 07-24-2013, 07:33 PM
phillyD

Thanks sir Scotty
Mess with his head for me. Hope he has to fly upsided down all the time after you finished with him
Old 07-25-2013, 01:47 PM
9sec240

LOL.. you guys are too funny.

I got a call from the golf cart place. They said they emailed me the application but I never got back to them. I checked my mail and I never got bupkiss. They took my CC over the phone and I am good to go. Motor home is ready. Just need a fresh water fill on the way out. Now I need to get some helis in order so I can do some flying too. LOL
Old 07-25-2013, 06:16 PM
dunkonu23

Very cool, Ivan. Whew... that's another bullet dodged! I don't know what's up with Salopek and you. Oh, well.. it's fixed.

Yeah, you better order some stuff!

I'm packing out the motorhome Saturday, filling it up, then I'm taking Sunday offI've been working on prototype parts for the Rush for IRCHA every day this week after work.

I found out we can fill at Site 3. It's cool, though... I'm still filling from home. Even though I have a new filter system, I like our water best. We leave around 10am Monday or IRCHA! I'll be online throughout. I bought a millenicom hotspot.

Scott
Old 07-29-2013, 03:03 PM
9sec240

Hooray.. back to posting....
Old 07-29-2013, 04:10 PM
clp.eng

Ivan - I went to Al's today & again they didn't have ANYTHING I needed & it's been three weeks since the prop I ordered was supposed to come in 3 days. I did run into Alex! It was good seeing & talking to him again. Still up to his eyeballs in the tech stuff.

You boys behave but have a good time at IRCHA.

Chuck
Old 07-29-2013, 08:16 PM
dunkonu23

At IRCHA, site 3.

Ivan, they only had a couple of reserved spots here so it's pretty much first come, first serve on parking. They'll have a space for you, though.

Today was interesting. Saturday when I gassed up, I found out I had a birds nest in the furnace intake. Today at 8am, Iwas at the storage area disassembling stuff to get out the nest. No fun. Really sad, too. Ihad to destroy the home of eight baby Sparrows. I got them all out unharmed but had no place to put them as I had to destroy their nest. Iput them in tall grass and I truly hope their mom finds them.

Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.