Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetcatUSA is still OK now?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetcatUSA is still OK now?

Old 07-25-2013, 07:57 PM
more

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JetcatUSA is still OK now?

Do they always have problems about customer service ,their stock and deliverly time?

I made an order for p140 by a dealer in taiwan last month and he told me it can be shippeddirect from USAto my address.Two weeks passed and I havn't received and tracking no.So,I wrote an email to the dealer and he replied to me that he tried to contact JetcatUSA for 10 days but no responsed.

I decided to send an e-mail directly to Jetcat USA.Sometimes I have to send two e-mail untilBob answeredback to me.The lastest answer isp140were out of stock.It will be re-stock again onlast monday.I wait until on wednesday and still no any tracking no.I sent an e-mail to him again but no answer reply to me until now.

Almost 2 months that I have waited for this engine.Why didn't JetcatUSA tell my dealer that no p140 in stock ata first time,So I can buy another engines instead?
Old 07-25-2013, 08:21 PM
STKNRUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JetcatUSA is still OK now?

JetCat USA is often at the whim of JetCat Germany with regards to orders and delivery. I have seen Bob as frustrated as any of his customers since he has little control of it and even predicting deliveries can often be a guess. I have had nothing but excellent service from them and since I like the engine and the support I get from Bob and Scotty, I can live with the occasion when I can't get what I want when I need it.

George
Old 07-25-2013, 08:33 PM
hotspot 01

Jetcat 180 was about 4 weeks to delivery.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:45 PM
more

This means the main problem is from headquarter in Germany.
So,this is a reason why "most peole that can afford Jetcat don't buy Jetcat anymore".
Old 07-25-2013, 09:17 PM
STKNRUD

Guess I am not "most people."[]
Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Pepperpete

By far I am not saying that the Jetcats arn't good engines. They are fantastic. But this is the exact reason why I went to a different brand. I've never looked back.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:50 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

The distributor just changed, yes? Perhaps a transitional period?
Old 07-25-2013, 11:51 PM
hotspot 01

Can't keep up with supply several reasons for that I assume.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:54 PM
number27

Took my rx140 six months from germany to australia. never again
Old 07-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since you're in Thailand, can you not find out if any European dealers have stock and get it from them? For example, I know UK dealers often have motors on the shelf - I just picked up a 180RX from stock when I was after one last year.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 727 Likes on 523 Posts

JetCat Germany have invested a lot of money in a factory extension, ground was broken towards the end of last year. Success brings with it many issues and maybe not acting fast enough is their one fault till now.
Access to help in Europe is the best its been, this new space will allow more tech people to be taken on and things will get better still.
I know the smaller manufacturers have been able to give better service, but as they sell more can they invest in the future like CAT? Will they always be there to support your brand, look at the manufacturers who have gone...

Dw
Old 07-26-2013, 12:57 AM
more

ORIGINAL: Andrew Bird

Since you're in Thailand, can you not find out if any European dealers have stock and get it from them? For example, I know UK dealers often have motors on the shelf - I just picked up a 180RX from stock when I was after one last year.
I ordered a fuselage+motor combo setby a company in Taiwan.First time,I thoughtthis motoris already in stock and will beshipped from taiwan.After made a payment the company told me thatthey 've already transfferred money toJetcatUSA and I will receive it soon.They told me it is a promotion with a JetcatUSA,so the motor have to be shipped from USA.If I want tmo make a refund,I have to get it from JetcatUSA.

Waiting is OK,but they have to updateinformations and always reply to a dealeror a customer.This will helpfor making a dicision to keep waiting or cancel the order and buy another brands that have a stock andready toshipped .
Old 07-26-2013, 06:40 AM
stevekott

Nobody goes.there anymore. The place is too crowded
...Yogi Bera