Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Texas Wings SPA Event

Old 07-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Timthetoolman1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Texas Wings SPA Event

Hi all,

Texas Wings will be holding it's SPA West event, number 3 in the series, September 7th and 8th.

I'm excited to say that Leo at Klass Kote Missouri (www.klasskotemo.com) and Allen with Planet Hobby (www.PlanetHobby.com) will be promoting the NovaRossi engines at this event with the donation of 2 engines.

Leo and KlassKote.com are both donating Klass Kote paint, which I started using this year on my Dirty Birdy and it's great stuff, so someone will get to try the finish on their next project.
Texas Wings is providing some additional raffle items like a Dirty Birdy. It would be great if one of the volunteers, that are kicking the tires about flying SPA, wins it so they would give pattern flying a try.
See the flyer for additional contributions.

Saturday night we are eating Mexican food in Haltom City and a good friend and rising star will be playing for us. He will be touring in Europe with his band later this year but has made time to come to our post celebration.

RVs are welcome to stay at the field overnight but there are no hook-ups. There is an RV park close so if you would like me to check it out for you let me know.

We've had some mild weather so far and I think we'll have a blast! We are expecting 20 contestants so I hope to see you guys there.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me by email or phone.

Visit txwings.com for more information and directions to the field.

Tim Reed
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mk25793.pdf (223.1 KB, 34 views)
Old 07-30-2013, 06:22 AM
times2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Texas Wings SPA Event

Planning on attending. It will be my first official event. Excited!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:28 AM
Timthetoolman1

Default RE: Texas Wings SPA Event

Good, I know you're going to have a lot of fun.

Tim
Old 08-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Timthetoolman1

Anyone interested in coming, please sign up because I might do something special for those that sign up ahead of time https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YNc...gXdjc/viewform

Seems like only about half of the guys pre-register so it's hard to get a head count.

Tim
Old 08-12-2013, 08:46 AM
scottrc

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Tim,

Don't know yet if I can make it. I found out of another commitment that is in conflict with the 7th.

Regards,
Scott
Old 08-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Timthetoolman1

Scott,

Ah, rats. I'll take the engine you were going to win...hehehe.

We have another one in Tulsa a couple weeks after this one and another one here at Thunderbirds a couple weeks after that.

Tim
Old 08-13-2013, 05:01 AM
scottrc

Tim,

I am only1 1/2 hrs from Tulsa and have a couple of guys here at home asking about SPA so I hope I can get a few of us to go. I will also keep my eye on the next Thunderbirds event.

Enjoy the engine I'm sure it would have fit nicely in the new Phoenix 7 I was eyeballing last weekend.

Scott
Old 08-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Timthetoolman1

Scott,
You can go here to find the upcoming events:
http://www.seniorpattern.com/contests.htm

It would be nice to see you guys there.

I think my Phoenix will be getting an engine swap sooner or later. Probably the NR 60F.

Tim
Old 09-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Timthetoolman1

What an awesome event we had. 16 participants with 3 in B-Novice to keep the sport alive was welcomed.
A big thank you to Leo and Allen for the sponsorship. One of the engines went to one of the B-Novice guys flying SPA for the first time. I think someone is going to donate a pattern plane for it.
The other engine was won by one of our Sportsman flyers and will go in the Dirty Birdy kit I gave away at the Wings 2011 SPA event.
I also want to thank Leo for the Klass Kote paint. Unfortunately our photographer had a new camera and he wasn't taking pictures when he though he was. Ken Knotts won one of the paint coupons.
Thanks to Roy's Hobby shop for helping with the Dirty Birdy ARF raffle won by Frank Halpin.
We managed to keep all of the planes safe to fly another time.
One flight line was ran which gave everyone time to relax and enjoy each others company.
The weather was really warm but we had a great time. Everyone left happy and excited for the next event.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	group-1600x1120.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	1918630  
Old 09-10-2013, 08:01 AM
scottrc

Looks like it was a lot of fun. I look forward to making the Ft Worth event in October.