Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Esc and motor getting too hot

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Esc and motor getting too hot

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Dertuman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esc and motor getting too hot

Hey, its been a while since I last posted here. I just built a brand new hk450gt pro v2 all cnc and carbon fiber heli... Ive gone through building it and ti flies quite well, the problem is my esc and motor are getting reaaaally hot. I used theese two before in a copterx 450 ae, and after a 6 minute flight the esc was just warm, motor wasnt too hot. Im using external 3A-5Aburst bec, and a gy401 and turnigy 306 hv tail servo. I used the 13t pinon on the motor, and changed it to 11t and still very hot. My throttle curves on normal are 0-50-80-90-100 and idle up 100-90-85-90-100. What could be wrong??? Tail belt tension seems alright, and gear mesh too. It is quite hot here in the summer in the south of france, but still, its getting unusually hot. Could the motor need oiling or something? I noticed it stops quite fast after you land, however the main blades keep spinning for a long time. Any ideas? Also, the battery is barely warm after 5 min flight. The motor im using is a 430xl copterx and the esc is a 30A turnigy plush. THanks!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:25 AM
Dertuman

Default RE: Esc and motor getting too hot

oh, forgot to say, its a 430xl 3550kv motor
Old 07-25-2013, 12:00 AM
BubbasanJohn

Typically heat like that is caused by gearing or servo drain.  Are your packs cool?
Old 07-29-2013, 09:11 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

If the motor stop quickly. Check the main gear and pinion gear for the pitch and extra wear. The two gears may not match perfectly causing extra drag. And check if the motor is too tight to the main gear as well. Another thing is if the main gear is not perfectly round will cause the motor tight in one spot and loose at the other in one rotation.