Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Old 07-29-2013, 03:59 PM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

@ Mnenenenmme - Happy, happy birthday!!! I'll be pestering you soon re: KK2 board I'm sure!

@ Ingleburn - Sims suck but man, I aught to spend 2 hours on one and learn to flip!

@ Jonesy - Joinin' the fray!! Now there will be 3 using the KK2 boards! Hmmmm a quorum?

@ All - Home tomorrow from summer vacation and will look at all my quad stuff sitting in the post office and try to cipher same!

All the best!!!

b
Old 07-29-2013, 06:16 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn
ORIGINAL: mnemennth

mnemennth. Dont need the AV cables cause I have the Andriod App so can adjust the focus with phone or tablet at the field. Havent really taken much notice of the focus yet. Might have to have a look.
Yeah, that's great for changing settings, but I don't believe the app has (nor do they have any intention of having any time soon) any provision for viewing live video on the Android device. THIS was what I was suggesting you'de need the video out cables for; so you can SEE what you're adjusting.

mnem
snoo.
Well it looks like the upgrade went well.
Yeah I thought the Mobius had the webcam app but looks like not yet.
Got the Mcpx V1 back out as I was sick of trashing the BL learning new stuff. Should really go on the sim but it bores me to tears.
One of the Nanotechs I use on the BL just dropped a cell so Im going to have to keep an eye on the rest.
Still no 500's in stock which is a blessing as work has slowed right down at the moment.
Hehe.... the company that owns and runs this forum are also the owners and developers of vBulletin.... you think they would be able to get it right. It really is bad planning, as the forums were down for 3 days and now they are going to be down for another 3 days whilst they have another go. Someone in their IT dept won't be getting a pay rise this year

MCXP v1 would be horrid after flying the BL.

Wattsup have them on backorder with Align I'm told. Because everyone loves the 3GX the 3Gxless kits have been very popular.

I've also been reading the massive Multirotor thread and apart from doing my head in I'm slightly curious to see what all the fuss is about so I might look at building a cheap quad.

Yeah the v1 is horrid to fly. If you get into trouble you cant power your way out. The good thing is it is very crash resistant which I need at the moment.
Trying to learn inverted FF and getting there slowly although I dont know how much more it can take. Enjoy my hopeless blather and flying.
Must learn to stay away from that pole but its base is good for taking off from. Back at home after breaking the frame and a blade grip.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obLPOkL9IkI[/youtube]

Old 07-29-2013, 06:22 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

@ Mnenenenmme - Happy, happy birthday!!! I'll be pestering you soon re: KK2 board I'm sure!

@ Ingleburn - Sims suck but man, I aught to spend 2 hours on one and learn to flip!

@ Jonesy - Joinin' the fray!! Now there will be 3 using the KK2 boards! Hmmmm a quorum?

@ All - Home tomorrow from summer vacation and will look at all my quad stuff sitting in the post office and try to cipher same!

All the best!!!

b
Glad you enjoyed your holiday now start building that quad.Stay away from the sim, it teaches you crashing is ok which it isnt. Crashing in real life is much better.

Be glad when the upgrade is done so you can multiquote instead of posting twice.

Happy birthday Mnemennth. Checked out that quad you are getting and it really zips along but is stable when you want it to be.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:07 AM
mnemennth

Well... wasn't THATcraptacular.

Yeah; been doin' hard time in Babylon. Got parts in for my big toy Heli, the V913; may have it flying again soon.

For a good trainer/cheapo starting point in "real" quads; you can get the HobbyKing PocketQuad. It's on the Swarm for only $43, and it's a complete kit including frame, motors, blades, MultiWii controller and even comes with a DSM2 compatible RX (MultiWii can use a satellite RX PCMdata to eliminate oodles of wires) AND 2 batteries. Did I mention it's only $43? If I hadn't already overspent, I'd have one on the way myself.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5-77D56886EEED

If you search it out on RCInternational's Buddy Code site, you'll find they have the spare parts on sale cheap too:

http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm

Alright; I'm on my way out the door to a Work Order. On my Birfday. Yay me!

mnem
I shall eat cake.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:35 AM
ahamay

Well... wasn't THATcraptacular.
Yeah; been doin' hard time in Babylon. Got parts in for my big toy Heli, the V913; may have it flying again soon.
For a good trainer/cheapo starting point in "real" quads; you can get the HobbyKing PocketQuad. It's on the Swarm for only $43, and it's a complete kit including frame, motors, blades, MultiWii controller and even comes with a DSM2 compatible RX (MultiWii can use a satellite RX PCMdata to eliminate oodles of wires) AND 2 batteries. Did I mention it's only $43? If I hadn't already overspent, I'd have one on the way myself.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5-77D56886EEED
If you search it out on RCInternational's Buddy Code site, you'll find they have the spare parts on sale cheap too:
http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm
Alright; I'm on my way out the door to a Work Order. On my Birfday. Yay me!
mnem
I shall eat cake.
Firstly, happy birthday. Sucks having to work on your bday... I try and avoid that.

That quad looks like a neat unit for inside.... however if it's not big enough to draw blood then I think I'll look at something more dangerous

Old 07-30-2013, 12:59 PM
mnemennth

Thanks fer all the birfday wishes; my present to myself was only ONEWork Order today. Gotta make hay while the sun shines, don'cha know.

Just got back from scoping out a second potential location for our flying club; it's got a nice big gym, and a HUGEparking lot for some outdoor flight. It'll be a nice alternative location for when our primary location is doing late stuff that interferes with our schedule.

Jonesy -

Yeah, I was looking at it for that, but also as a good platform for learning how to program a real quad without the joy of having to defend oneself against a craft that, as you say, "can draw blood" when it wants to flip upside-down on your bench because your gains are a bit too high or has it's mind wander off on "failsafe mode" and decides to take its body along for company back where it last remembers being... only it's indoors, so now your first benchtop "tuning session" turns into a cage match with a pissed-off wolverine that can fly.

mnem
I may STILL get me one of those...

Old 07-30-2013, 03:37 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

Mnemennth... Happy Birthday.  Sorry you had to work, but yes.. we must make hay.
I have spent the last 3 or so years wasting my youth dabbling in RC and other various past times as the electrical trade fell dead flat during the 'recession'.  During that time, I did spend almost a year delving back into auto mechanics, and remembered why I hated it so much after 3 months.
I was able to secure 4 ASE Certifications, which wasn't near as hard as everyone said it would be.
The electrical trade has picked back up some, and I am finishing up a small project at the UGA Law School.  I will also have to work on my birthday, Thursday.  I have been without too long not to make hay while the sun shines.

TJ has been testing a new GPS flight system that is pretty neat.  It will fit on most quad configurations, and has gyros for the camera mount as well.
I hope to have some video soon as we did a test flight this afternoon at a local school.  All programmed flight modes tested well including the Return To Home feature.  The motor actually increased speed as it flew to an altitude of 50 feet AGL and then started circling my truck.  I switched back to manual mode and landed it.

I will update everyone on the brand and model as soon as I can.
B
Old 07-30-2013, 03:39 PM
rikybob

Thanks fer all the birfday wishes; my present to myself was only ONE Work Order today. [img][/img] Gotta make hay while the sun shines, don'cha know.

Just got back from scoping out a second potential location for our flying club; it's got a nice big gym, and a HUGE parking lot for some outdoor flight. It'll be a nice alternative location for when our primary location is doing late stuff that interferes with our schedule.

Jonesy -

Yeah, I was looking at it for that, but also as a good platform for learning how to program a real quad without the joy of having to defend oneself against a craft that, as you say, ''can draw blood'' when it wants to flip upside-down on your bench because your gains are a bit too high or has it's mind wander off on ''failsafe mode'' and decides to take its body along for company back where it last remembers being... only it's indoors, so now your first benchtop ''tuning session'' turns into a cage match with a pissed-off wolverine that can fly. [img][/img]

mnem
I may STILL get me one of those...

Just got home and find that I have ALL but the propellers for my HK Q450 build!

Apparently real life got in the way whilst I was ordering and I never completed the order for props.

They will be here in the coming days but alas I am going to be VERY busy so prolly next week I'll start the build.

Until then I think I'll go over the step by step build starting with recalling how to update the KK2 board.

All the best!

b
Old 07-30-2013, 03:44 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

Mnemennth... Happy Birthday. Sorry you had to work, but yes.. we must make hay.
I have spent the last 3 or so years wasting my youth dabbling in RC and other various past times as the electrical trade fell dead flat during the 'recession'. During that time, I did spend almost a year delving back into auto mechanics, and remembered why I hated it so much after 3 months.
I was able to secure 4 ASE Certifications, which wasn't near as hard as everyone said it would be.
The electrical trade has picked back up some, and I am finishing up a small project at the UGA Law School. I will also have to work on my birthday, Thursday. I have been without too long not to make hay while the sun shines.

TJ has been testing a new GPS flight system that is pretty neat. It will fit on most quad configurations, and has gyros for the camera mount as well.
I hope to have some video soon as we did a test flight this afternoon at a local school. All programmed flight modes tested well including the Return To Home feature. The motor actually increased speed as it flew to an altitude of 50 feet AGL and then started circling my truck. I switched back to manual mode and landed it.

B

Cool beans!

I'm so glad things are pickin' back up for ya!

The down has finished the highest it EVER has twice in the last 3 months!

The debt ceiling will prolly be raised once again and if Greece behaves we may be coming out of this misery and you can enjoy your chosen profession!!

The GPS system sounds like Naza or the like!

Look forward to the info!

Happy early birthday if I forget!

b
Old 07-30-2013, 03:44 PM
ahamay

TJ has been testing a new GPS flight system that is pretty neat. It will fit on most quad configurations, and has gyros for the camera mount as well.
I hope to have some video soon as we did a test flight this afternoon at a local school. All programmed flight modes tested well including the Return To Home feature. The motor actually increased speed as it flew to an altitude of 50 feet AGL and then started circling my truck. I switched back to manual mode and landed it.
B
Happy Birthday for later this week

Be interested to see the info on this rig your playing with when you get it sorted.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:43 PM
ingleburn

B
Happy Birthday for later this week

Be interested to see the info on this rig your playing with when you get it sorted.
I can see Brian drooling already. Do you need props for it to work.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:46 PM
rikybob

B
Happy Birthday for later this week [img][/img]

I can see Brian drooling already. Do you need props for it to work.[img][/img]

DOH!!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:48 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

I can see Brian drooling already. Do you need props for it to work.
We are only using one on this rig

Old 07-31-2013, 12:30 AM
ingleburn

For all you aussie guys out there Aldi have a cordless hot glue gun on their sale items this week. http://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-bu...tric-glue-gun/
Ilove my hot glue gun but the cord is a pain. This one comes with a few extra tips which will make it perfect for me with the ammount of repair work I seem to be doing at the moment.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:56 AM
ingleburn

And it looks like I will have to keep an eye on the specials for a while as well as forget about a 500 for the time being.

I blame Brian with all the talk on FB today about car accidents. Well at least the Mobius came in handy for something.

Why did it have to be a Bentley.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jONUf5onl8E[/youtube]
Old 07-31-2013, 02:30 AM
Rob2160

And it looks like I will have to keep an eye on the specials for a while as well as forget about a 500 for the time being.

I blame Brian with all the talk on FB today about car accidents. Well at least the Mobius came in handy for something.

Ouch.. that is seriously bad luck... Sorry to see it..

Its always a Bentley....

Old 07-31-2013, 02:33 AM
rikybob

And it looks like I will have to keep an eye on the specials for a while as well as forget about a 500 for the time being.[img][/img]

I blame Brian with all the talk on FB today about car accidents. Well at least the Mobius came in handy for something.[img][/img]

Why did it have to be a Bentley.[img][/img]

OUUCCCHH!

Yah, if I get behind an expensive car I literally, back off an extra two car lengths!

Sorry 'bout yer luck!

b
Old 07-31-2013, 02:48 AM
ahamay

That's some really bad luck right there.... sorry to see it. Thats one instance you pray the other bloke has insurance. Nice editing... you spared us the swearing and cursing

Hope the person was understanding.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:57 AM
mnemennth

Yeahh... you know, that is the main reason I just don't get this fascination with CarCams. You do realize... the Police can confiscate that thing on the spot as evidence, and the prosecutor can subpoena the video from that thing and use it against you? And if you DON'Thave it anymore, even if it never showed anything incriminating, they can use the fact that you don't have it as an argument aganst you. Yeah, I know the cops have cameras rolling all the time. Doesn't make any sense to me to take my own video of my own dumb-assness.

Seriously... seems to me like an invitation to BLEEEP! yourself legally.

And condolances on the bad luck there, buddy.

Jonesy -

It doesn't matter if the other guy had insurance; in most localities, even where they have no-fault insurance laws, a rear-end collision is almost ALWAYSlegally the fault of the car that hits the other car in the tail. You have to pretty much prove attempted insurance fraud; ie a "swoop & squat" to get out of it.

mnem
Ready for my closeup... KA-KRASH!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:26 AM
rikybob

@ All - Grabbed 20 minutes and updated the KK2 board. Dumb @ s s proof if you follow this guy (below)!

@ Meememme - Videoing from the dash is a direct result of fraud in places like the Soviet union and a measure to combat same. It's become a fad. I personally, unless [link=http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/governor-rick-scott-witnesses-examples-of-insurance-fraud-139461253.html]fraud[/link] becomes a rash in my area simply wouldn't use the cam per your observations.

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moz97g4xTHY[/youtube]
Old 07-31-2013, 04:59 AM
Edmund2

Less than 2 1/2 days before my long awaited vacation starts. Goods to take along have been stacking up in the lounge and I am afraid there may just not be any place for a heli.  I initially though about taking the MCPX along but with all the desert/river sand there I do not want any to get into the moving bits and where there is not sad there is just not enough  space on the grass where I cnaafly it without crashing into a tree..

Should I indeed find a space ti would be a BOL that I will donate to my son to keep my grandson happy. Will log on whe I am there to check what you guys are up to.

Edmund

Old 07-31-2013, 10:54 AM
mnemennth

@ All - Grabbed 20 minutes and updated the KK2 board. Dumb @ s s proof if you follow this guy (below)!

@ Meememme - Videoing from the dash is a direct result of fraud in places like the Soviet union and a measure to combat same. It's become a fad. I personally, unless [link=http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/governor-rick-scott-witnesses-examples-of-insurance-fraud-139461253.html]fraud[/link] becomes a rash in my area simply wouldn't use the cam per your observations.

b

Toldja, B - flashing an Atmel processor is EASY. Now YOU'REA FLASHERTOO!

And if that's what they're teaching the Police down there, no wonder they can't bust these dou*henuggets. A "Swoop & Squat" is NOTwhat they just demonstrated; it is a person who passes on the left, quickly merges into traffic at moderate to high speed and then slams on the brakes feigning a panic stop, often in response to an accomplice vehicle which departs the scene in the confusion. That's just... a Squat.

I know; I was nearly caught in the middle of one returning to the firehouse in a POV from a call; fortunately, the judge found the testimony of myself and my truck commander in the passenger seat a bit more compelling than that of the "victim".

Guess I'm glad I don't live in FL anymore; where I was hanging out is like an hour or so north of Tampa/St Pete. Pretty sure I'd have been hosed that way a time or three by now...

mnem
*Hosed for other reasons*

Old 07-31-2013, 11:36 AM
rikybob

b

Toldja, B - flashing an Atmel processor is EASY. Now YOU'RE A FLASHER TOO!

And if that's what they're teaching the Police down there, no wonder they can't bust these dou*henuggets. A ''Swoop & Squat'' is NOT what they just demonstrated; it is a person who passes on the left, quickly merges into traffic at moderate to high speed and then slams on the brakes feigning a panic stop, often in response to an accomplice vehicle which departs the scene in the confusion. That's just... a Squat. [img][/img]

I know; I was nearly caught in the middle of one returning to the firehouse in a POV from a call; fortunately, the judge found the testimony of myself and my truck commander in the passenger seat a bit more compelling than that of the ''victim''.

Guess I'm glad I don't live in FL anymore; where I was hanging out is like an hour or so north of Tampa/St Pete. Pretty sure I'd have been hosed that way a time or three by now...

mnem

Yah, it was a simple procedure. That guys viddys are AWESOME in their simplicity (my kind of viddy)!

Yeppers, I didn't view his efforst as I don't like the dood but knew they had an initiative.

Sorry to hear you were a near victim of that behavior!

As for Florida, I still love it. My wife, son and I and the native indians are the ONLY natives here!

I live some 25 miles fromOblando the cultural desert it is and NEVER go there off duty and try NOT to ON duty!

On my end, Florida is a VERY cool place but I look forward to the travel wifey and I will do in 5 years. Who knows where we will light?

b

Old 07-31-2013, 11:45 AM
rikybob

b

And if that's what they're teaching the Police down there, no wonder they can't bust these dou*henuggets. A ''Swoop & Squat'' is NOT what they just demonstrated; it is a person who passes on the left, quickly merges into traffic at moderate to high speed and then slams on the brakes feigning a panic stop, often in response to an accomplice vehicle which departs the scene in the confusion. That's just... a Squat. [img][/img]

I know; I was nearly caught in the middle of one returning to the firehouse in a POV from a call; fortunately, the judge found the testimony of myself and my truck commander in the passenger seat a bit more compelling than that of the ''victim''.

mnem

Yah, it was a simple procedure. That guys viddys are AWESOME in their simplicity (my kind of viddy)!

Yeppers, I didn't view his (Gov. Volamort) efforst as I don't like the dood but knew they had an initiative.

As for Florida, I still love it. My wife, son and I and the native indians are the ONLY natives here!

I live some 25 miles fromOblando the cultural desert it is and NEVER go there off duty and try NOT to ON duty!

On my end, Florida is a VERY cool place but I look forward to the travel wifey and I will do in 5 years. Who knows where we will light?

b

Old 07-31-2013, 11:47 AM
rikybob

[quote]ORIGINAL: rikybob

[quote]ORIGINAL: rikybob

b

mnem

Yeppers, I didn't view his (Gov. Voldemort) efforst as I don't like the dood but knew they had an initiative.

b

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.