Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

dauntless bomb drop

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

dauntless bomb drop

Old 07-30-2013, 12:06 PM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dauntless bomb drop

how do you hook up an out board pylon bomb drop on a dauntless ? how do you set up the servos?

thanks RCU
Old 07-31-2013, 08:09 AM
Meschmidt
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dauntless bomb drop

I use a servo hooked to the flap channel. The bomb is a hollow mailing tube with foam pipe insulation on the nose and end to hold the fins. The fins are made of lite ply. the bomb mounts on two plywood half circles that go in notches in the tube to keep it stable during flight. A stiff wire that runs into the side of the tube from the servo keeps it from dropping. Activating the flap for a second pulls the wire and the bomb releases. The bomb is very lite and does not drop too fast. Add nose weight to bomb till it tracks just right all the way down. Be sure to paint bright stripes on them in case it falls in tall grass. This has worked for hundreds of drops and has lost a few. Takes some practice. Same method could be use on the outer wing bombs. You have to use separate channels if you want to drop them individually.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57016.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1904951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95925.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1904952