Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

KMP / YT Me 109 E Build Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP / YT Me 109 E Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:00 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: KMP / YT Me 109 E Build Thread

Believe me, I have tried several times :-)

Bigplanes.NL has the same policy.

Here are the mails:

sorry, but we are not allowed to do it, we would like to but they could arraign us.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/best regards

MODELLBAU LINDINGER GmbH

Dear Mr. Sonnich,

Thank you for your order. Unfortunately we had to cancel this order. Because of distribution rights it is not allowed to ship it to Denmark. Sorry for that.

ONLY AVAILABLE FOR: Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Italy, France, Belgium

Maybe you find another model which is possible to ship to Denmark.

Have a good day.

MODELLBAU LINDINGER GmbH

Hello,

Sorry, but we do not have the rights for it. It is against the law if we do without asking. I will check with the purchase department if they can contact ESM concerning this closed shop. Maybe another distributer has the rights in Denmark now. I am not sure, that is changing.

If there is a possibility I will contact you tomorrow.

MODELLBAU LINDINGER GmbH
Old 05-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Schummie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sonnich,

Sorry to hear that. I see that you tried. So my suggestion of nu use for you.
Seems I was in luck then. But my plane did came from Lindinger.

Maybe e-bay could help you out. Succes.

Regards,

Eric Schumacher, Netherlands
Old 05-26-2013, 01:56 PM
Redback

Took my 109 out yesterday, first time for a few months for one or other reason. Had over 200mm of rain on the field a couple of days before, but although it was still pretty damp there was no surface water.

Remembering its habit of nosing over on take off I was a bit apprehensive, not having flown it for so long. Being prepared worked out though and I was able to achieve a nice straight take off run and a controlled climb out.
After a few manouvres decided it was time to check whether I could still land it! Dropped flaps and gear on the downwind leg, was nicely positioned as I turned final, when I noticed there were no dangly bits, the wheels had not dropped! The upside was that they just stayed put, and did not partially drop so I had a clean underside.
I was able to keep the plane flying just above the ground while bleeing off speed, the soft wet surface helped too by ensuring that it didn't slow to quickly when it touched ground.

The outcome was that the plane came to rest without even a scratch on the belly. A few days ago I had been working on the retracts (Sierras), fitting an extra non-return valve as I was concerned about the amount of air I seemed to lose disconnecting the pump. I checked out after fitting the valve and all seemed OK, but looks like I screwed up somewhere.

All in all not a bad outcome, and the model flew very well. The Laser 150 seemed to be much happier with a composite prop than the wood one I had been using before.

Terry
Old 05-27-2013, 03:34 AM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SJN

Have you tried Ytinternational?

http://www.ytinternational.co.uk/home.htm
Old 05-27-2013, 04:28 AM
Brad330l
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Redback

Took my 109 out yesterday, first time for a few months for one or other reason. Had over 200mm of rain on the field a couple of days before, but although it was still pretty damp there was no surface water.

Remembering its habit of nosing over on take off I was a bit apprehensive, not having flown it for so long. Being prepared worked out though and I was able to achieve a nice straight take off run and a controlled climb out.
After a few manouvres decided it was time to check whether I could still land it! Dropped flaps and gear on the downwind leg, was nicely positioned as I turned final, when I noticed there were no dangly bits, the wheels had not dropped! The upside was that they just stayed put, and did not partially drop so I had a clean underside.
I was able to keep the plane flying just above the ground while bleeing off speed, the soft wet surface helped too by ensuring that it didn't slow to quickly when it touched ground.

The outcome was that the plane came to rest without even a scratch on the belly. A few days ago I had been working on the retracts (Sierras), fitting an extra non-return valve as I was concerned about the amount of air I seemed to lose disconnecting the pump. I checked out after fitting the valve and all seemed OK, but looks like I screwed up somewhere.

All in all not a bad outcome, and the model flew very well. The Laser 150 seemed to be much happier with a composite prop than the wood one I had been using before.

Terry
Oh mate that sounds like a much better outcome than mine with one and a half legs for landing!!! Mine stopped pretty quickly when I touched down but I came out OK just needing to fix one mount.
Yep, time for me to get it out again. It has just been too long.

Brad
Old 05-27-2013, 06:04 AM
SJN

ORIGINAL: kahloq

ORIGINAL: SJN

Have you tried Ytinternational?

http://www.ytinternational.co.uk/home.htm

Yea, they dont respond at all.
They are the distrbuters for the UK region.

I am only allowed to buy from the swedish dealer who has the northern region of europe where the prices are 1/3 above example Germany, which Denmarks boarder lyes up to, and that is very annoying and unfair in my book.
Allmost enough to say forget about it ESM.......
Old 05-27-2013, 07:30 AM
alanc

Place the question you require on YTs forum, i used to run around to help with these matters, but for what i ever got out of it, i no longer bother,
http://www.ytinternational.co.uk/for...wforum.php?f=6
Old 05-27-2013, 10:22 AM
w1nd6urfa
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SJN
Just another suggestion: in my country we also have an ESM distributor who would only sell the planes bundled with the electric retracts ... A friend who wanted just the plane contacted Lindinger and initially got the same reply BUT Lindinger did ship to another hobby shop in Greece that acted as intermediary for my friend

You give that a shot
Old 06-03-2013, 12:54 PM
SJN

Well, engine showed up, and my local hobbyshop is trying to get hold of the 109 for me
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45483.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1888640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81755.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	1888641  
Old 06-03-2013, 08:06 PM
w1nd6urfa
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sonnich, that's beautiful !

I guess it can swing a scale 3-blade 22x8 ?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:38 PM
SJN

No it cant. The reccomended prop is a 18x8 2 blade.
Ive had lots of 3 blade props in the past, and while they are nice and scale, I have just got tired of breaking the props too often on nose overs on our not so great field.....a bit expensive in the long run

Name:	Ca81125.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1888757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41549.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1888758   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26430.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1888759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw63918.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1888760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wi59812.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1888761  
Old 06-04-2013, 03:12 PM
kahloq

Im interested in seeing you make that inline twin fit
Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 PM
SJN

yea, im sure the engine bulkhead will have to be chopped, and moved aft.......the fine art of model building

Im just looking forward to the sound of that Deimler-Saito-Benz engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqXrUiFopxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIg54quMu6Y
Old 07-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Schummie

Finally, at last the maiden flight.
CG at 107 mm. Using a gyro on the rudder. This is a huge succes to use the gyro. Flying off a grass field, the plane tracks as on rails. The gyro in heading hold mode. Turn it off though as soon as you're airborne.
Just a little bit up at the start. Tail lifts after 15 meters. Elevator neutral. No tendency to nose over. Plane lifts, and put in a little elevator.
There she goes. No airlon trimming needed. 2 clicks down elevator.
Landing gear up. No changes. Then trying the flaps. half, plane stays neutral, full, still neutral. So no elevator mixing needed. Maybe a bit expo in the airlons.
Engine ran fine at the ground, but seems to become too rich, or too litte air. Therefor after three rounds in for landing. Full flaps, and with 20 percent power she comes down. Almost no elevator needed too flare.
Toughdown without anu jumps. However on taxieing back the feared nose over. After checking, no problems, but the cause of the nose over is clear. One of the wheels is totally blocked on the axle. Took me half an hout to get it off the axle. I use the Gen IV landing gear with wheels. These wheels have a metal centre, and turn without a bearring on the axle. So i've too dremel the axle a bit, and use some grease. Thats why there was only this flight today.
As for the poor running engine when the plane was at speed, could it be the air intake? Maybe some ventury effect on the air intake when at speed. Any ideas?
A few pictures too show the situation.

Name:	Rp43613.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1904091   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg14955.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1904092   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23325.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1904093  
Old 07-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Redback

Glad the maiden went well. Is that a 120AX tucked in there? Cut outs look similar to what I have for my Laser 150, but of course the carb is at the back.

If you are concerned about venturi effect maybe try a lip on the front to direct air away from the cut out. This was a suggestion in the Laser instructions.

Got a couple more flights with mine on Friday. Still wants to nose over on take off but I seem now to have got the hang of handling it. First landing was all good, the second one wasn't pretty (my fault) but by staying with it got it down OK in the end.

Terry
Old 07-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Brad330l

Schummie, good work man!! Nice to get the first one out of the way ay??
As for the drop in power during flight it could be possible you are getting a low pressure area above the carby intake the way you have the cowl cut. If I were you having this problem I would cut more cowl out toward the front for a clear air flow to the inlet. This would allow more air to the lower head of the engine as well. Do it in a 'V' cut toward the spinner. If this does not fix the problem you can just go cover it up again. This is if you are sure the rest of the tuning settings are OK for your engine of course.

Good luck mate,

Brad
Old 07-30-2013, 12:03 AM
Schummie

Redback,

Yes, it is an OS 120 AX. For the lip; doesn't that also corrupt the cooling?

Brad330L,

This V-shape is worth a try. However, the air intake of the carburator is close to the backplate of the spinner and sits also deep in the cowl.

On the Dutch forum, someone suggested to put a piece of sillicone tubing on the air intake. Like one we sometimes use on a muffler. Just long enough too peek out of the cowl. Would that work, or is it a no go to lengthen the air intake of the carburator?

Another one suggested that the engine was drowning due to the upside dowen position in relation to the tank position. Personally I don't think that could be the problem. I see almost everyone on this forum having the engine upside down, and with the tank at the position as in the manual.

I/m glad both of you still have the ME-109 in one piece. It is certainly an eye cather on our field, being crowded with Mustangs and Spitfires when it comes to warbirds.
I must say that the ground handling of my ME 109 is suprisingly good. It will taxi without up elevator. I only added a bit up when almost at take off speed. Then she pointed a bit downward. Maybe 5 degrees. A little up elevatyor corrected that, and she took off when speeding a bit more up. Only then a added a bit more elevator.
The wheel turns nicely again. It seemed almost it welded itself too the axle.
Will take some pictures on my next attempt.

regards,

Eric Schumacher, Netherlands.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:00 AM
Brad330l

ORIGINAL: Schummie

On the Dutch forum, someone suggested to put a piece of sillicone tubing on the air intake. Like one we sometimes use on a muffler. Just long enough too peek out of the cowl. Would that work, or is it a no go to lengthen the air intake of the carburator?

Another one suggested that the engine was drowning due to the upside dowen position in relation to the tank position. Personally I don't think that could be the problem. I see almost everyone on this forum having the engine upside down, and with the tank at the position as in the manual.

1 - Yes defiantly worth a try.
2 - Tank height is still very important so adjust if too high. As a note though, if it runs good and hard on the ground it probably is not tank height.

Cheers,

Brad
Old 07-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Schummie

Brad, Terrry,

I made the extra V-cut in the cowl.
I also connected a hose/tube on the carb and made a 45 degrees cut at the end.
The pictures show what I mean. This sunday I can try the results and let you know.
If this doesn't work, I'll disconnect the muffler pressure line to the tank.
I will not try different options at one time, because then I don't know what did the trick. If there is a trick offcourse.
The OS 120 AX runs with 15% nitro, 15% oil and 70% methanol.

Regards,

Name:	He97258.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1904524   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85426.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1904525   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51434.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1904526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22726.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1904527  
Old 07-30-2013, 01:53 PM
kahloq

I would have added that clear plastic tube like you did on the carb, but not cut out that huge triangle shape at the front of the area you had already opened up. Merely a circular hole big enough for that clear tube to poke out a smidgeon.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Merlin Man

Hi All, I had a similar problem with an OS 120 AX. It was inverted in an ESM Spitfire and gave me lots of grief. I could never tune it to reliably run through a full tank. In my case it appeared to be connected to muffler pressure. In fact ,the only way it ran properly was with the standard supplied muffler. I tried a few different mufflers but none of the pitts style seemed to work. I experimented with the positions of the pressure nipple and achieved slight changes. Eventually, the model was written off in a mid air and and thus my problem was "solved"!! Ask if others have had any success with these mufflers. Sorry to be pessimistic but though you may gain some insight with my story. Cheers, Merlin Man.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Schummie

Kahloq,

On the foto it looks far worse than it actually is. Here's a picture of the situation before. Only the triangle was added. A hole was not possible, because the plastic tube was at the edge of the original square hole.
When the plane is on its wheels, everything is nearly invisible because the engine sits completely in the cowl. Only the two pipes of the pitts muffler are sticking out.

Regards,

Name:	Qn38216.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1904548   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52581.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1904549  
Old 07-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Schummie

Merlin Man,

In my case the engine runs fine when the plane is on the ground. Even when I let it run at max trottle for one minute.
The problem only occurs when the plane is at speed in the air.
Did you establish if the muffler pressure was too high or too low?
Anyway, after next sunday I'll know more and let you all know.

Regards,

Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 PM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Sonnich,

Nice score on the FA200ti You're going to like that engine!

I put one on a CMP A6M5 Zero recently.......SWEEEEET!!

Name:	Fd91681.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1904640  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:34 AM
Merlin Man

Hi, Yes, mine ran ok on the ground too. I established that the muffler pressure was too low with the "Pitts Style" mufflers. I could not richen the engine by turning out the needle valve at all. . When I increased the back pressure ( by closing one of the outlets ) the tuning became more positive, but then the motor became hot and stopped anyway . I actually measured the volume of the standard muffler and with the help of a mate produced a muffler with the same volume. I did not overcome the problem. A fellow club member ( Redback ) used a Bisson muffler with good success on an OS 120 in a FW190 but its configuration made it unsuitable to a spitfire ( also an Me109 ) . I certainly wish you success with your attempts and will watch with interest if you are able to solve this issue. Cheers, Merlin Man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.