Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long mods.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 AM
DJLaPalme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heng Long mods.

I recently purchased two HL tanks. I want to convert them to battle with Tamiya IR battle systems and to go 2.4GHZ. I have a Futaba 7C 2.4 radio that I would like to use. What electronics will I need? Also, will Tamiya gun tube, recoil system, and mantlet fit on a HL Pershing and HL Tiger 1 from the same model type? All inputs are welcome. Dennis
Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Heng Long mods.

Yes the Tamiya Pershing stuff will fit in an HL turret. i did it. Fits pretty darn good to with a little work. As far as electronics go there are quite a few options out there now. i like the 
Clark TK boards and YHR's DBCRC with Benedini sound cards. both are very good choices. There are a couple more. The SLU, the IBU,'
I just don't know much about those. Hope this helps.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Panther G

Oh, I am not sure about the tiger gun and mantlets. But with some work i'm sure they can be made to fit but the Pershing stuff definitely works.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:45 AM
ArmChairGeneral

There are alternatives to the HL IR system, I think there are a couple of people here who even make the alternate system. If they don't chime in here you might want to make a post with 'HL combat system alternatives' in the title.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:12 PM
DJLaPalme

Thank you for the answers Greg and Armchairgeneral. Dennis
Old 07-30-2013, 10:03 PM
lposter

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts

Icant say anything about IR as Idont bother with it but Isee you mention 2.4 GHz ...

Ineeded 2.4 GHz with a normal HL system and got the board discussed here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11415892

Despite som fiddling, mostly caused by a cheapo radio and receiver,. the whole thing worked quite well for minimum hassle and low cost.

The guy who makes them used to post here and is very open to providing support if needed.

p
Old 07-31-2013, 07:40 AM
Bagheera

Tamiya mantlet will fit on the HL Tiger l, it just needs a we bit of work. I have to wait for 1 more Tamiya part, then I can start to build the gun, clarks real recoil and finally finish the Tiger l. The Tiger l has been a 5 year build.

Johnny