Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Upgrade!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Upgrade!

ORIGINAL: RCKen

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

OK.
Anything ... Just as long as RCU gets rid of this picture ... forever, please.
I've sent your wishes along to the powers that control that part of the front page and they said they would get on it tonight and try to load up some more images to view.

Ken

Hey, thanks !!
That was quick ... There's a new picture in the shot of the moment.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92132.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1904562  
Old 07-30-2013, 04:30 PM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quote:

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel

Not trying to bash BUT I'll believe it when I see it. I've been through several software conversions and they were all a pain in the arse. The tech experts alwase have a ton of crap to work out that they didn't see comming or didnt think of. Hold on to your seats it's going to be a rough ride.

Rrragman

Posted April 2013
Old 07-31-2013, 12:03 AM
oldfartpilot
My Feedback: (118)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish you guys would quit cryin, complainin' and cloudin' the issue with facts!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:19 AM
jetster81

I don't know why but when I click onto a pic to enlargre it it just shrinks away to nothing!? but it has always done that, any reason for that to happen?
Old 07-31-2013, 06:27 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: jetster81

I don't know why but when I click onto a pic to enlargre it it just shrinks away to nothing!? but it has always done that, any reason for that to happen?
Is it any picture, or just specific ones?? If you can post me a link to one that it does this to you I can take a look and try to figure out what it going on.

Ken

Old 07-31-2013, 08:33 AM
jetster81

Is it any picture, or just specific ones?? If you can post me a link to one that it does this to you I can take a look and try to figure out what it going on. .

Ken

Hi Ken and thanks for the quick reply , yes it's been happening to me foe a long while now and I could never figure it out, anyhow a good example is the photo on post 26 above from Airplane 400 hope you can find a solution, Cheers.

test edit

Last edited by j.duncker; 08-06-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:21 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Is it any picture, or just specific ones?? If you can post me a link to one that it does this to you I can take a look and try to figure out what it going on.

Ken

Hi Ken and thanks for the quick reply , yes it's been happening to me foe a long while now and I could never figure it out, anyhow a good example is the photo on post 26 above from Airplane 400 hope you can find a solution, Cheers.

Pic behaves normally for me.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:42 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Ok guys, we are going to try this again this weekend. Last weekend they ran into issues migrating attachments over to the new system, so they had to stop and continue this next weekend. I got a message from the staff at IB and they informed me that they are well on their way to getting all the attachments migrated, so we're hoping that the next step will finally get us to where we need to be. The plan is to once again take the RCU forums to "read only" at 12 pm Central time tomorrow, August 2nd, and this will continue until Monday August 5th. During this time the you will not be able to post to an existing thread, start a new thread, edit existing post, send or answer PM's, or change your user settings. 

Trust me here guys, nobody wants to see the light at the end of this tunnel more than I do, so I do feel your pain. I'm hoping that this will be the last time and that come Monday we will be up on vBulletin!!!!

If you have any questions about this over the weekend you can email me here: [email protected]

Ken
Old 08-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Paul0088

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want the old one back this is pants
Old 08-06-2013, 11:36 AM
speed is life

Originally Posted by Paul0088
I want the old one back this is pants
+1
IMO this "new look" sucks. (Great looking huge banner ads for the advertisers tho)
plus; the "my forums" feature doesn't work to get me straight to RC Jets, maybe just an iPad thing? I now have to drag thru all the other forum headers to find jets.
good job Internet Brands......
Old 08-06-2013, 11:45 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My forums feature is also not working.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:59 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Other than I had to delete cookies because one page said I was signed in and the jet forum said I wasn't, I like this layout. Of course time will tell about functionality.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:11 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by ira d
My forums feature is also not working.
Originally Posted by speed is life
+1
IMO this "new look" sucks. (Great looking huge banner ads for the advertisers tho)
plus; the "my forums" feature doesn't work to get me straight to RC Jets, maybe just an iPad thing? I now have to drag thru all the other forum headers to find jets.
good job Internet Brands......
Originally Posted by afterburner
Other than I had to delete cookies because one page said I was signed in and the jet forum said I wasn't, I like this layout. Of course time will tell about functionality.

I've reported the issues with the "My Forums" to the Tech Staff so that they can look into it.

Any upgrade of this magnitude is going to have bumps in the road. I'm not asking you all to forget that there are issues we need to deal with, but I am asking to be patient as we work through these matters. One of the biggest factors that went into this launch was that we made it happen at the beginning of a week. We wanted to do this so that we could ensure that the Tech Staff was working and available to fix any matters that came up. We didn't want to launch at the end of the week when there would be nobody around until Monday to fix issues. The IB Tech Staff has a list of bugs that we are reporting to them and they are working through them as fast as they can. There are some issues that are more critical that need to be handled first, but they will get to all of the bugs on the list.

Just to give you an idea of the size of this upgrade. All of the attachments to posts (uploaded images and such) had to be indexed and a thumbnail created and then they had to be migrated to the new system. There were over 20 Million attachments that needed to be dealt with!!!!! The database that is RCU's Discussion Forums is very VERY VERY big, and this is why the upgrade process has taken so much time to make happen.

We appreciate your understanding as we work these bugs out.

Thanks

Ken
Old 08-06-2013, 01:08 PM
fireblade5437

Just checked on the CARF Hawk posts and it appears that there are no pics showing etc? Alan
Old 08-06-2013, 01:15 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Originally Posted by Thud_Driver
Any way I can hide the list of sub-forums at the top of the RC Jets page??

+1
Old 08-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Kevin_W

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fireblade5437
Just checked on the CARF Hawk posts and it appears that there are no pics showing etc? Alan
Same here.
There is a hyperlink, but when clicked it just shows a page of code, not the picture.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:26 PM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

hey friends:

I not like nothing this new forum format, why the change ??? why the photos no are visible ???

I want change again the first format !!!
Old 08-06-2013, 01:27 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It will take some getting used to after having the old for so long, but it will happen.

Last edited by George; 08-06-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:37 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by fireblade5437
The programmers have this issue on their list and will be working to correct it.

Ken
Old 08-06-2013, 01:42 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by cmjets
hey friends:

I not like nothing this new forum format, why the change ??? why the photos no are visible ???

I want change again the first format !!!

Why change?? Because the software that RCU was running on was an outdated product that wasn't being supported. The company that produced the software for the old RCU system went out of business years ago, and it was up to one of the previous owners to maintain the software. However, RCU grew to the point that it was simply a huge massive piece of software that was barely kept running. After the sale of RCU to Internet Brands we all found just how fragile that software was, every time the programmers tried to change something many other things would break and quit working. That is why they moved us to vBulletin. Internet Brands OWNS the vBulletin software, so there is nobody better suited to use this software to make RCU a better place. On the old platform there were many things that we couldn't do because of the age of the software, but on this new platform we will have many new options that will allow RCU to grow. Plus, vBulletin is maintained and constantly improved upon whereas the old software wasn't since the company went out of business. RCU will be a much better place on this new software package.

Ken
Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by jws_aces
+1

+ 3!!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:22 PM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I remind you guys: if you have an issue that you want looked at and resolved quickly, report it in the proper place:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...orum-here.html

That way our techs will see the issue. They aren't going to sift through the whole site looking for bugs; please report centrally and before you know it they'll all be running like clockwork.

Also, please be as specific as possible when reporting issues, including the exact steps you took to replicate them, plus your browser type and version.

Be sure to read the bugs thread before reporting, in case someone else already reported your issue. Duplicate posts will only slow the process down.

Thank you all!

Paul
Old 08-06-2013, 03:42 PM
stevekott

Great work Guys!!

Looks like all of the bugs I had with Google Chrome earlier have been fixed !!!! Thanks !!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:51 PM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stevekott
Great work Guys!!

Looks like all of the bugs I had with Google Chrome earlier have been fixed !!!! Thanks !!
First few hours are always a little bumpy. Thanks for the vote of confidence! We're really excited about this
Old 08-06-2013, 04:49 PM
jtlittle
My Feedback: (7)

When will the classified adds tie in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.