Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

"EDIT" button ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 08:00 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Default "EDIT" button ?

Looks like the "EDIT" button is goner again?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:21 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE:

I prooobabbbyt use thhaaa t biitn more thenanyone, and realllly miiis it whan ir is gone.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: RE:

What? [X(] You guys have an EDIT button?

Jeff
Old 07-30-2013, 09:03 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE:

I wish I had an edit button next to me at all times. And a mute button too.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

AND, a button for...

Jeff
Old 07-30-2013, 12:39 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE:

Sorry guys, the edit button is still disabled until we finish the migration. Sorry.

I know that many of you are wondering where we are in the migration process as many thought we would be on a new site this week. Well, here's my progress report for all.

Unfortunately the Tech Staff ran into some problems over the weekend that slowed down the migration. They were not able to migrate all of the attachments to posts, this includes pictures and other uploads. They had a choice of opening RCU with the new software without attachments such as pictures or simply coming back up on the old RCU system. The logical choice here was to come back up under the old system. They are currently working to archive the attachments and the current plan is to continue the migration starting on Friday (if not sooner). I will try to keep everybody posted on the progress as we get closer.

Ken
Old 07-30-2013, 05:32 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE:

Do like I did use the quote button for now it will let you add pics also .

Jimmy
Old 07-31-2013, 11:26 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Sorry guys, the edit button is still disabled until we finish the migration. Sorry.

I know that many of you are wondering where we are in the migration process as many thought we would be on a new site this week. Well, here's my progress report for all.

Unfortunately the Tech Staff ran into some problems over the weekend that slowed down the migration. They were not able to migrate all of the attachments to posts, this includes pictures and other uploads. They had a choice of opening RCU with the new software without attachments such as pictures or simply coming back up on the old RCU system. The logical choice here was to come back up under the old system. They are currently working to archive the attachments and the current plan is to continue the migration starting on Friday (if not sooner). I will try to keep everybody posted on the progress as we get closer.

Ken

Ken I'm curious what kind of database drives this forum? I'm a software engineer ( java /C#/db2 / oracle/MS SQL ) and have a professional
curiosity.

Jerry
Old 08-01-2013, 06:35 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: Tanque

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ken

Ken I'm curious what kind of database drives this forum? I'm a software engineer ( java /C#/db2 / oracle/MS SQL ) and have a professional
curiosity.

Jerry
Jerry,
Unfortunately I don't know 100% wha the answer is to this question. I want to say that it's a flavor of SQL, but I'm really not sure if that is correct.

Sorry

Ken

Old 08-01-2013, 04:42 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Default RE:

Ok guys, we are going to try this again this weekend. Last weekend they ran into issues migrating attachments over to the new system, so they had to stop and continue this next weekend. I got a message from the staff at IB and they informed me that they are well on their way to getting all the attachments migrated, so we're hoping that the next step will finally get us to where we need to be. The plan is to once again take the RCU forums to "read only" at 12 pm Central time tomorrow, August 2nd, and this will continue until Monday August 5th. During this time the you will not be able to post to an existing thread, start a new thread, edit existing post, send or answer PM's, or change your user settings. 

Trust me here guys, nobody wants to see the light at the end of this tunnel more than I do, so I do feel your pain. I'm hoping that this will be the last time and that come Monday we will be up on vBulletin!!!!

If you have any questions about this over the weekend you can email me here: [email protected]

Ken