Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JET WORLD MASTERS - Switzerland - sharing a car?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JET WORLD MASTERS - Switzerland - sharing a car?

Old 07-29-2013, 10:35 PM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JET WORLD MASTERS - Switzerland - sharing a car?

Wanted to check to see if there is anyone planning to fly into Basel Airport on the 28th (Wednesday around mid day) and plans to hire a car to drive down to Meiringen returning on the Sunday (1st)?

I know this may be a long shot but I would be interested to share a hire car if anyone had planned to attend and fly into this airport for the event.

For those attending I plan to be down with the guys from FlightFactory.ch and will bring along a few CAT products for sale on their trade stand, be good to put some faces to names so please drop by and say hi.

Have a great show and look forward to see some awesome flying.

marcs
Old 08-01-2013, 12:35 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts
Default RE: JET WORLD MASTERS - Switzerland - sharing a car?

Mark, I am driving so can't help. However a warning to anyone travelling to Switzerland.

Last February we travelled by air and train to Zermatt for a family ski holiday and my wallet was stolen changing trains in Visp. The train manager and police in Zermatt both told me that this is rife at major railway stations and airports in Switzerland, they broadcast to this effect on the public address systems. I heard the PA in Visp, but couldn't happen to us in SWITZERLAND could it ? It did to me, just after drawing some money from an ATM, and its a very regular occurrence.

The gangs are, according to the Swiss police, Polish and Romanian, clever and elusive, they just can't catch them.

Losing your wallet is a a real pain, and causes a great deal of hassle and inconvenience, so guys, beware !!

see you in Meiringen.

Regards,

David.

PS Those CATs are working perfectly, going into my whole fleet.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:00 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JET WORLD MASTERS - Switzerland - sharing a car?

David,

Appreciate the heads-up and will keep a close eye on things.

Glad the CAT's deliver the goods and see you at Meiringen.

Just need to convince the Russjet team to use CAT's too

marcs