Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Epo-Grip Adhesives Summer Savings

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Epo-Grip Adhesives Summer Savings

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 04:02 AM
Erik Steinbring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Epo-Grip Adhesives Summer Savings

Epo-Grip Adhesives is proud to bring RCU members a summer savings discount for the month of August. Use discount coupon code H813 to receive a 15% discount off your online order at www.epogrip.com
Old 08-01-2013, 06:15 AM
Erik Steinbring

Default RE: Epo-Grip Adhesives Summer Savings

For those not familiar with the Epo-Grip product line attached are a couple short RCU Interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUvORGIYFTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deB6w6C1uHg
Old 08-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Erik Steinbring

To celebrate the New RCU Site, I am going to sweeten the Summer Savings offer! Not only will you receive a 15% discount at checkout at Epo-Grip Epoxy Adhesive Systems when you use the coupon code H813 at check out........... I will toss in a free 4 oz unit w/a thumb sprayer of our JUST PLANE CLEAN R/C Plane Cleaner . However if you do not use the discount code then I will not know who to give the freebie unit to. Wink Wink!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:21 AM
Calvinman

Hi Erik,

Fantastik looking product! Do you ship to Canada? If not do you supply local hobbyshops?

Thanks,
Calvi

Last edited by Calvinman; 08-09-2013 at 03:39 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:25 AM
Erik Steinbring

Shipping to Canada is not a problem and we ship Worldwide. We do have a distributor in Canada, Great Hobbies carries our materials.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Calvinman

Thanks Erik,

Ordered up and waiting to use it to join my wing panels with!

Calvi
Old 08-19-2013, 01:24 PM
bikerbc

I found it was better to order from Eric because Great Hobbies dosen't often carry the larger size slow set that I like to use.. If I purchase it in the small container it becomes too expensive .. The Shipping from Eric is not that much more than it is from back east either so when I do the numbers I am way better off too order directly from the Mnfgr...I don't use as much fast cure as I do slo cure.. I like to purchase it by the Qt. .
Old 08-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Calvinman

Hi Ken,

I ordered from Epo Grip also, and it should be here this week, just in time to join my US 40 wings!! I like using slow set also, but most slo sets have time to ooze before they set, so I am looking forward to using the gel epoxy.

Calvi

Last edited by Calvinman; 08-19-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Calvinman

Got my Epo Grip Friday,

Looks like I may be joining my wing this weekend, I have the warp pretty much out of one of the wing panels, just have to sand the leading edge, then do a bunch of dry runs. I may try to use short 1/4" dowels in the wing jig holes, this should ensure both wings at the same incidence?

Calvi
Old 08-24-2013, 05:53 PM
bikerbc

If you have an incidence meter I would check it with that because it is possible to change your incidence a bit during your wing build by placement and sanding of the leading edge ..Being out a little on both sides will change things a degree or two so it dosen't hurt to check just before you glue it together permanently .. However you should be close enough regardless..My last Cub I built I think I was off at the root .75 degrees but by the time I had it shimmed and ready to fly you would never know..
Old 08-24-2013, 06:10 PM
bikerbc

Congrats on gittin your Epo grip . You are going to love the stuff..Be patient and allow it time to cure.. It is much slower than regular epoxy but much nicer to work with..A Tip when using it to fillet .. Wet your finger and smooth the fillet out... I always keep a sample gob of the Epo Grip I have been using on a job to give me an idea how my cure is coming along.... Probably not necessary but I just like to know when it is safe to move things ..
Old 08-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Calvinman

Well, the wing panels are joined, the Epo Grip worked like a charm, it is so thick I may have to find a stiffer pallet knife to mix it. I can't wait till I can pick up the wing. I did not use an incidence meter because I have not replaced mine yet(sold it after my first foray into RC 15 years ago).
Old 08-25-2013, 02:22 PM
bikerbc

That is good news.. I am glad your wing join went well..Do you have any pics ? What size Epo grip did you purchase ? I bought a box of popsicle sticks for mixing my epo grip..They work good for metering out how much you are using .. Of course you use a different stick for each container and make sure you don't get them mixed up..I scoop out roughly what I figure I need out of one container and then get the other half from the other container with a new stick and compare to make sure they are close and then mix away with one of the sticks.....I often use the stick to apply the mix to my project ..I never reuse the sticks.. Someone told me once that the tiniest bit of catylist will contaminate your epoxy and eventually ruin it . So I try to be very carefull ..
Old 08-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Calvinman

Hi Ken,

No, no pics, I will be going away for a while as soon as I am done my weekend of glorious 12 hour nights and will not have time to post pics. I like the idea of popsicle sticks. right now I just wipe my pallet knife well with paper towel before scooping out the second part. I picked up a couple of pallet knives from Michaels(art and craft supply chain) and may get more sizes as it is nice to have a variety of sizes for different applications. I can't remember the size I purchased, the jars are the size of cold cream jars, 16 oz. I think.

Calvi.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Erik Steinbring

Next time you order take a look at our stainless steel palette knives. You will never want to use another popcicle stick. They provide years of service and you only need one, just scoop out the amount of material you want then wipe it clean with a paper towel then mix the two piles together. With the goose neck handle your hands stay out of the material, the length of the tool makes application of the material easy. Once finished just wipe the adhesive off the knife before it cures. Should some cure on the blade just take a sharp razor knife and scrap it clean.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Erik Steinbring

If you have pictures of your project using Epo-Grip feel free to post pictures and your process on our Facebook page. www.facebook.com/epogrip I will be posting how to's there and hopefully so will my customers as well as questions and comments.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 AM
bikerbc

My buddy just broke his I Con A5 in half plus cracked the tail quite badly...We brought it over to my place and dryed it off.. I mixed up a batch of Epo Grip ( Slow Set ) I put part of the batch in a curved tip syringe and this I used to squirt into the crack in the tail .. Then we taped the tail in place.. Then I applied Epo Grip to both sides of the broken fuse.. I used quite a bit so that I would need to remove what would squish out..Then I put the two pieces together and made sure everything was aligned properly . This required a few pins and mostly tape .. Then it was a matter of weighting it down , scraping off the excess glue and waiting for it to set.. It turned out absolutely perfect .. Its hard to believe it was broken in half...My buddy is now going to buy his own batch of Epo Grip.. He vacations in the States for the winter so he will purchase his when he is down there and pick up an extra batch for me as well.. That way we will avoid shipping..
Old 08-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Erik Steinbring

Only a few days left to capitalize in the Summer Savings! Key in Discount code H813 at the time of check out at www.epogrip.com to get 15% off your entire order plus receive a 4oz unit of the Just Plane Clean cleaner.