Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

weird tail servo issue on b450

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

weird tail servo issue on b450

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 05:56 PM
gregt2008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird tail servo issue on b450

Hello Everyone I am new to the forums and heli's all together

I recently purchased a Blade 450 RTF BNF everything was working fine, last night Ihad the heli sitting on my bed and my kiddo's knocked it into the floor in the proccess the tail servo mounting ears were broken off the servo, it still functioned as normal moving in both directions and nothing else was damaged so today I went to my LHS and they sold me a Spektrum A3020 high speed digital MG servo and told me it would work perfect so I took the servo home mounted it to tail boom and hooked up the wiring making sure the bevel on the corners and the wiring matched up correctly I then unhooked the blue and red wire from the ESC to test servo movement and noticed the tail rotors were only moving in one direction left movement on rudder/throttle stick did nothing so I thought I may have just got a bad servo so I powered down unhooked servo hooked stock servo back up and tested well now the stock servo is only moving in one direction as well which now has me very confused as I can find very little info on this issue with a google search and the stock tail servo worked perfect until now I did not change any settings on the TX only replaced the tail servo I checked all connections everything was connected correctly I will list all electronics on this heli as I am almost at my whits end trying to figure out why this issue occured in the first place thanks for any help in advance.
The transmitter works perfectly fine still on my Blade MCX micro heli

Blade 450 3D RTF BNF
Spektrum DX6i Transmitter
E-Flite G210 mems gyro
Spektrum A3020 Sub-Micro Servo (The Replacement the other was the stock E-Flite DS76T)

as said thanks again ahead of time for any help
Old 08-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: weird tail servo issue on b450

A couple of things you could do to test the servo. Plug it directly into your receiver and see if it works properly. You could also (while it's still plugged into the gyro) move the tail of the heli left and right and see if the gyro makes the servo compensate. It could be you have gyro in head hold mode and so it only moves the servo in one direction or the other and won't return it to center till it wants to correct the direction it's facing. You should be able to flip a switch (on the tx) and put the gyro into rate mode so you can adjust and test the servo.