Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Condition delay on 18MZ

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 12:32 PM
Geoff White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Condition delay on 18MZ

Hi,

I am using multiple conditions on my 18mz and I have separated the trim for elevator so the elevator trim can be set for each condition. To make the transition between each condition(and hence elevator trim position) smooth, I have a condition delay specified. The problem is that when I flick between the conditions and whilst the condition delay is 'active', the whole channel slows down. You can see this by specifying a long delay e.g. 26 and after flicking the switch, move the elevator stick rapidly and you will see the elevator channel moves slowly . Once the delay is over the channel behaves normally again.

Any ideas if this is a feature or whether I am doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Condition delay on 18MZ

When you slow the application of a condition, the system "believes" that all rates and such are changing, so the changes are slowed. If you're moving the stick, the control will slow momentarily. It's normal. However, when flying, you'll likely not notice a thing, unless you're doing a lot of "stick banging" and not flying with smooth stick movements.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Geoff White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Condition delay on 18MZ

thanks for that Bill.

I have been using condition delay on many different models and i have never noticed any issues. In fact, this 'feature' was only brought to my attention when a friend used a really big condition delay.

Geoff