Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

New Mobius mini video cam

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 07:57 PM
WVrailfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mobius mini video cam

I didn't see this posted anywhere else, so I thought I'd post just as an FYI. I'm sure a lot of people here are already in the know regarding this camera. If this is covered elsewhere, sorry for the rehash of info.I picked up a new camera for my RC aerial photography hobby. It is called a Mobius Action Cam and it is from the same folks that developed the 808 key fob cams. As far as I know the only place to get it is ebay.The image quality is head and shoulders above the key fob cams. And this camera doesn't share the "spy cam" key fob look. It is a bit heavier at 40 grams and is about the size of a Tic Tac mint container. It takes video in 720p at 60fps or 1080 at 30fps. It also takes stills and has a time laps feature that lets you set it to take a photo at varying intervals, like every 2 seconds as an example.I enjoy attaching cameras to my planes and looking at video or stills captured during my flying. This little cam is a vast improvement over the key fob cams or the Hobby King Wing Cam. I am attaching some screen captures and stills taken with the camera, and a link to a video taken after sunset to see how it would handle low light. I simply tape it to what ever plane I am flying.There is a very in depth thread on this over at RCG.https://vimeo.com/70380499Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19695.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1905468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx77048.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1905469   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ou49657.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	45.4 KB