Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Old 07-16-2013, 04:38 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

i agree with you on everything allen
Old 07-17-2013, 10:04 AM
w0mbat
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

What we have learned from the thread so far:

Australians receive top notch service and mostly top quality products from HK. It is their only option because their local hobby shops do nothing but attempt to rip them off.

Americans receive mostly poor/no service and mostly poor quality products from HK. We have good, competative hobby shops, small manufacturers and major mail order companies that provide us with just about everything we need. They offer higher pricing but good quality and excellent service.

Seems like what we have here is completely different standards and expectations from different cultures based on availability of products.

That probably explains Foster's beer
Old 07-18-2013, 04:57 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New information on HK's "customer service support"
 If this is accurate it proves these folks don't have a clue how to run a CS /order department. What company would offer that kind of response(excuse) to a customer in the first place and if it is a new policy what other company would wait for their customer to contact them to verify an order? Any reputable company would be contacting the customer to verify their order minutes or at the max 24 hours after it was placed.  Sounds like more excuses from a company who can't do their job very well.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11573619
Old 07-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

New information on HK's "customer service support"
If this is accurate it proves these folks don't have a clue how to run a CS /order department. What company would offer that kind of response(excuse) to a customer in the first place and if it is a new policy what other company would wait for their customer to contact them to verify an order? Any reputable company would be contacting the customer to verify their order minutes or at the max 24 hours after it was placed. Sounds like more excuses from a company who can't do their job very well.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11573619
I have never had to confirm an order..

Within minutes I get three emails every time I order.

1 confirms the items
2 confirms payment was accepted
3 confirms order number / delivery address

LOL.. I was going to skip posting this example after Ken's rebuff...

But anyway.. its on topic...

HK order # 136 for me.. Ordered Saturday 13th July - I paid standard shipping only..

Arrived Wednesday 17th July. 5 days..

Tracking info for proof... MHQ7254447010222

http://auspost.com.au/track/

Just a few spare props for a friend and I, and some small lipo batteries.. all tested and functional.

Placed order 137 today - judging by my order numbers from last week and today, looks like HK had about 40,000 orders this week.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63812.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1901932   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83258.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	332.1 KB
ID:	1901933   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87909.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	1901934  
Old 07-19-2013, 06:27 AM
flyinwalenda

The post/link above was yet another example of the lengths they will go and the far-fetched excuses they will give to customers when they have problems with an order. Would that customer have got his order if he didn't contact them or would it have sat there for a few more weeks  ?  Not a thumbs-up.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Joe 1320

The post/link above was yet another example of the lengths they will go and the far-fetched excuses they will give to customers when they have problems with an order. Would that customer have got his order if he didn't contact them or would it have sat there for a few more weeks ? Not a thumbs-up.
I was thinking the same thing. a Blatant, rub your nose in it, celebratory display of advertising for a vender.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:28 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

ORIGINAL: keyman

I've been real happy with this TX LiFe pack for $6.52. I've seen them being resold here in the Marketplace here for $20+.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_pack_.html
I bought 3 Lipo Batteries in 3 seperate orders for my 2 DX8s and DX7s, They have been great in more than two years of use in the DX8s. about 12 months in the 7S- $17.95 each

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Pack_.html

A Friend of mine bought the genuine Spektrum Battery for $75 (in Australia) http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...D=SPMB4000LPTX

They perform identically.

So this is where you have been hiding Rob. I wondered why all the strange youtube videos.

While Im here I may as well add my 2 cents.
Had to use CS a couple of times and both have been good.
Once I accidently added an item to my cart that was on backorder and paid before I realised. Opened up a chat window and had it removed from my order and everything was fine.
The other time I placed an order and realised I bought a wrong part. A quick chat and it was changed to the right part and shipped.
As for quality, Ive had some junk and had some good stuff. Always the risk when its chinese and cheap.
Time to go back to my thread before I get accused of working for HK as well.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ORIGINAL: keyman

I've been real happy with this TX LiFe pack for $6.52. I've seen them being resold here in the Marketplace here for $20+.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_pack_.html
I bought 3 Lipo Batteries in 3 seperate orders for my 2 DX8s and DX7s, They have been great in more than two years of use in the DX8s. about 12 months in the 7S- $17.95 each

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Pack_.html

A Friend of mine bought the genuine Spektrum Battery for $75 (in Australia) http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...D=SPMB4000LPTX

They perform identically.

So this is where you have been hiding Rob. I wondered why all the strange youtube videos.

While Im here I may as well add my 2 cents.
Had to use CS a couple of times and both have been good.
Once I accidently added an item to my cart that was on backorder and paid before I realised. Opened up a chat window and had it removed from my order and everything was fine.
The other time I placed an order and realised I bought a wrong part. A quick chat and it was changed to the right part and shipped.
As for quality, Ive had some junk and had some good stuff. Always the risk when its chinese and cheap.
Time to go back to my thread before I get accused of working for HK as well.
LOL.. Yes, apparently I am now a secret mole living the high life on $100 per month from Hobbyking. Resistance is Futile!.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:57 AM
Rob2160

Old 07-25-2013, 10:12 AM
skeeter_ca

I've ordered a few things from HK and been very satisfied with the products. Are you going to get the same thing as the higher cost unit sold here in the US. NO. But just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it won't work. I just received my last order today. I ordered it on july 8th and paid for the slow boat from china shipping. Did i expect to get in a couple days, no. It took 17 days to get here. When i saw the box i said OMG. I asked the delivery lady if she drove over it herself or did i need to tip someone else for the custom handling to the box. I opened it immediately and to my surpise everything was in great shape. I have never had to use the customer service because all my orders have been correct and worked to my expectations. Cheap product, cheap shipping, 17 days. Yes it's worth it. But that's just my opinion.

skeeter
Old 07-26-2013, 06:46 AM
daddyrabbit1234
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: skeeter_ca

I've ordered a few things from HK and been very satisfied with the products. Are you going to get the same thing as the higher cost unit sold here in the US. NO. But just because it's cheaper doesn't mean it won't work. I just received my last order today. I ordered it on july 8th and paid for the slow boat from china shipping. Did i expect to get in a couple days, no. It took 17 days to get here. When i saw the box i said OMG. I asked the delivery lady if she drove over it herself or did i need to tip someone else for the custom handling to the box. I opened it immediately and to my surpise everything was in great shape. I have never had to use the customer service because all my orders have been correct and worked to my expectations. Cheap product, cheap shipping, 17 days. Yes it's worth it. But that's just my opinion.

skeeter
I'll agree and I do the same myself
Old 07-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Rob2160

skeeter
Shipping times vary greatly depending on type of shipping selected..

I placed two orders last week - from the Chinese Warehouse to Sydney Australia.

1st order was placed on 22nd July with standard shipping and the email advised it will take up to 45 days to deliver..

www.sing post.com Tracking number RQ199620036SG

2nd order was placed on 23rd July with UPS shipping and delivery was attempted 26th July (I am away from home right now so have rescheduled delivery.. but it arrived at my door just 3 days after the order - not bad)

www.ups.com Tracking number H9351847621

Old 07-30-2013, 07:08 AM
topspin

skeeter
Shipping times vary greatly depending on type of shipping selected..

I placed two orders last week - from the Chinese Warehouse to Sydney Australia.

1st order was placed on 22nd July with standard shipping and the email advised it will take up to 45 days to deliver..

www.sing post.com Tracking number RQ199620036SG

2nd order was placed on 23rd July with UPS shipping and delivery was attempted 26th July (I am away from home right now so have rescheduled delivery.. but it arrived at my door just 3 days after the order - not bad)

www.ups.com Tracking number H9351847621

Make sure they don't lose that UPS parcell Rob it probably has your check in it.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: topspin

Make sure they don't lose that UPS parcell Rob it probably has your check in it.
Sure could use it... I am flying here tomorrow morning and Beer is EXPENSIVE... No VB either..
Old 07-30-2013, 05:03 PM
flyinwalenda

Don't they just issue them $100.00 store credit..............shipping not included ?

Old 07-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Rob2160

Don't they just issue them $100.00 store credit..............shipping not included ?

You seem to know a lot about it.

I have no idea what they do.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:17 PM
topspin

You seem to know a lot about it.

I have no idea what they do.

That's what they all say.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Rob2160

LOL.. oh well.. might as well play along...

With Amway I had to recruit 5000 people to sell a million tons of soap before I could win an overseas trip..

HK promotion is much easier.. Just sell 3 HK Helicopters and a few Orange receivers each month for an all expenses paid holiday to the Maldives...

This was my July trip..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paSPBv8QTTU[/youtube]

Going back tomorrow for the 5th month in a row...

Old 07-31-2013, 03:02 AM
topspin

[quote]ORIGINAL: Rob2160

LOL.. oh well.. might as well play along...

With Amway I had to recruit 5000 people to sell a million tons of soap before I could win an overseas trip..

HK promotion is much easier.. Just sell 3 HK Helicopters and a few Orange receivers each month for an all expenses paid holiday to the Maldives...

This was my July trip..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paSPBv8QTTU[/youtube]

Going back tomorrow for the 5th month in a row...

[/quote

Yeah but knowing Hobby King I bet there were bed bugs in the room.........
Old 07-31-2013, 05:23 AM
Rob2160

Yeah but knowing Hobby King I bet there were bed bugs in the room.........
LOL.. I'll send you a vid on Friday...

No bed bugs.. but the food was Krap..

Old 08-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Rob2160

Here you go.. as promised... direct from HK Island..

Still no VB..

I'm off to meet Heidi for breakfast..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMet7-BEQWc[/youtube]

Old 08-01-2013, 09:30 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

I'm trying to order the T-six TX but the only version available in the US warehouse is mode 1, mode 2 has been sold out for a while.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:57 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

I ended up buying a used mode 2 T-Six TX, I have a friend who flies with the DX6I and I fly with it to trim out planes for him, I've offered to lend him a 8103/DM9 but he likes the simplicity and lite weight of the DX6I and he wanted to try out ther T-Six.

So far we both prefer the the Orange tx,

Like's
I really like the larger lighted display, ease of programming, ball bearing gimbals, LiFe, lipo, NiMH support with adjustable low voltage alarm, JST plug for Life/Lipo. With a 2S500 it is a light TX. Autobind/ just insert bind plug and turn on TX and it binds.

Cons
I do not think the reduce power for range test works, it currently does not to do DSMX or have a factory repair option/disposable, AA battery holder is a little on the small side for some cells, typical slow reboot times.

With a buddy code you can usually get 1 for around $68 shipped but there doesn't seem to be a big rush to get either mode 2 or any other OrangeRx products restocked in the USA warehouse. Its fine for him for small electrics especially foamies.

I have a question about support though, I've seen posts where people got reimbursed for their total order if 1 item was bad and they had to do a dispute but never seen a post where both paypal and/or their credit card sided with HK??, am I missing something or are alot of these "the sky is falling" threads not totally accurate and I mean any vendor not just HK?

Last edited by keyman; 08-20-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:34 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by keyman
I ended up buying a used mode 2 T-Six TX, I have a friend who flies with the DX6I and I fly with it to trim out planes for him, I've offered to lend him a 8103/DM9 but he likes the simplicity and lite weight of the DX6I and he wanted to try out ther T-Six.

So far we both prefer the the Orange tx,

Like's
I really like the larger lighted display, ease of programming, ball bearing gimbals, LiFe, lipo, NiMH support with adjustable low voltage alarm, JST plug for Life/Lipo. With a 2S500 it is a light TX. Autobind/ just insert bind plug and turn on TX and it binds.

Cons
I do not think the reduce power for range test works, it currently does not to do DSMX or have a factory repair option/disposable, AA battery holder is a little on the small side for some cells, typical slow reboot times.

With a buddy code you can usually get 1 for around $68 shipped but there doesn't seem to be a big rush to get either mode 2 or any other OrangeRx products restocked in the USA warehouse. Its fine for him for small electrics especially foamies.

I have a question about support though, I've seen posts where people got reimbursed for their total order if 1 item was bad and they had to do a dispute but never seen a post where both paypal and/or their credit card sided with HK??, am I missing something or are alot of these "the sky is falling" threads not totally accurate and I mean any vendor not just HK?
It has Ball bearing Gimbals? Didn't know that. Might have to try one. Bearings vs non bearing radios are like chalk and cheese to me.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:01 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hobby King THUMBS DOWN Horizon, Tower, Hobbico, THUMBS UP for customer service

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.