Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Kadetito MAN issue help

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Kadetito MAN issue help

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Lane Puckett
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kadetito MAN issue help

I noticed in the current newstand issue of Model Airplane News that they have the plans for the 1/2A Kadetito (sp?). Does anyone know which issue of MAN they had the full article? I have just about all the back issues and don’t know where to start looking.

Also anyone have an opinion as to how well it would fly as a trainer?

Thanks,
Lane
[email protected]
Old 12-03-2003, 11:40 AM
Dsegal

Default RE: Kadetito MAN issue help

The MAN plan number indicates the issue. The Kadetito appeared in the November 1994 issue. For an initial trainer I would never recommend a 1/2A plane. Too much trouble with those finicky little engines. If you don't want a standard .40/.46 size trainer go for the Sig LT-25. Stay with mainstream practices if you want to learn to fly RC with the highest probability of success.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:51 PM
wild fred-OLD

Default RE: Kadetito MAN issue help

I had a freind who built it, was not much like a true kadet. flew but not trainer like. lt-25 a good choice, they fly great, have had 2- current one has a ys 53 stuffed in it!

for a 1/2a trainer, the best I've found is the jk aerotech t-52. works good, and rugged; and I'm a balsa man, so that's saying a lot if I like a foamie! the lanier indicator is good, also.

I was wanting to build a true 1/2a seniorita, haven't done it yet, but a set of seniorita plans reduced to 2/3rds size at kinko's should work ok; If I ever get caught up on my production of planes for sale, I will build one and let you guys know how it turns out!