Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Second flight - worse than the first one! (GeeBee Z)

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Second flight - worse than the first one! (GeeBee Z)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 12:13 PM
BykrDan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second flight - worse than the first one! (GeeBee Z)

Took the GeeBee out for another flight yesterday morning in the driveway, this time with the cowl removed. It weighed a whopping six grams. I had to fasten the battery all the way forward to get the CG close to the right spot. It looks ridiculous, but it's lighter!

The CG must have still been too far back. Seems like I no longer had power OR control this time. One small flight looked kind of promising (must have tossed it just right) - it made it across the street and settled in the neighbor's yard, but the rest just stalled out of the air.

Last night, I went rooting through my stash of props, and I found one from an old free-flight plane, unlabelled, but measuring 4.25 by maybe 2.5. On a whim, I fastened it to the KP00, and WOW! That prop really makes the little plane pull, at least across the carpet in the living room. Finally, this looks very promising.

I am either poised for success, or about the burn up my receiver! Winds are blowing again. We'll know shortly.

Dan.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:01 PM
BykrDan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Second flight - worse than the first one! (GeeBee Z)

Tried the 4.25 on the Bee last evening. Actually got the plane to go up a bit! Still made a pretty short flight - either the ailerons are a little bound up from previously crashing, or the KP-00 shook itself loose from the firewall with the heavier prop on. It was loose when I recovered the plane.

Repairs have been made. This may just be the ticket...